Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39224 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Angry mobs.
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2016, 07:48:52 am »

Durmokh was still trying to soap up.

I elected to sleep.
Yes yes, It's morning. get your butt up and wonder where yor prisoner went.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2016, 08:13:03 am »

I elected to sleep.
Yes yes, It's morning. get your butt up and wonder where yor prisoner went.
((Um, Clunkers had returned and I assume was back to watching the alchemist. Wouldnt we know where he went?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2016, 04:12:38 pm »

Cautiously peek outside, and verify that I'm alone. Then, search around for small, strangleable prey, and have myself some breakfast.

Do this.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2016, 05:06:22 pm »

Take a turn to sleep in, and wait for the sun to fully rise.
Unless a PC happens to wake me up before sunrise, in which case retcon back to that time.

Sleeping til late morning or found by a PC. Or a bear. or an owlbear. Or a wolftoad.

Cautiously peek outside, and verify that I'm alone. Then, search around for small, strangleable prey, and have myself some breakfast.

Do this.
You cautiously peek out, and indeed, there is not a villager to be seen. Your hunt yields no breakfast. Perhaps a touch of farseeing might help you find prey?

I elected to sleep.
You snore your dwarfy irritation at being on the floor. It doesn't stop you from oversleeping though.

Upon waking, I shake myself off, and head up to check on my portrait's hiding spot. After make sure it's still safe, I then go look for the missing squid and snake, and hunt down breakfast along the way.
You leave the golem to guard the sleeping elf, and snoring dwarf and gnome (the alchemist is the gnome. I mentioned it once before. he didn't wander. I just wanted Durmokh to wake up.)

You unscroll your portrait when you visit it. She seems to be looking for something, someone. the patterns in the leaves of the forest seem to suggest many trails, zigging, zagging, crossing each other, and in general going in too many directions. But she seems determined. You scroll it back up, tuck it away again, and move on.

You find yourself near the marketplace, the sound of a crowd drawing your attention. You head toward it and hop up onto a fence, and from there to a rooftop, to better see. The crowd is noisy, and is focused around a platform that has been raised along one side. the men on the platform hold up a hand for silence, and begin: "Alright, alright, settle down and let's get this started. I've gotten several reports this morning about some excitement last night. Woke me up before dawn. I hadn't even milked the cow yet, so this better be good. Honestly, none of the reports make any sense: lizard monsters and flesh stealing octopuses and soul eaters run rampant! The lake dried up and mothers' milk gone dry! I'll have you know my Milla was nursing just fine when I left this morning, so that last one is bunk for sure!"

"I saw it with my own eyes! It was huge, ten feet if it was an inch!" "It had dozens of arms, each one carrying a weapon, and it threatened to eat our babies!" "My crops all withered last night, and a foul smell has cursed the land!" "that's just yer arse, yah babboon!" "Settle down, settle down! Let's get some order and make sense of your babblings. Now, which way did your 'monster' go?" "Into the woods over there!" "The woods to the north" "the mines!" "It was on the shore of the lake!" "Oh for Antiel's sake ..."

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2016, 05:13:55 pm »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Wake up. Lament the lack of breakfast. Look for any food among our salvaged supplies.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2016, 05:28:15 pm »

You didn't say what time it is, so I guess I'm still asleep.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2016, 08:43:02 pm »

I wait and listen, this could be really important
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2016, 08:54:21 pm »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Wake up. Lament the lack of breakfast. Look for any food among our salvaged supplies.
You didn't bring any of the crates with you from the shore. if there is food in them, it is there. You do spy a plate set out at the front of the shrine and stomp over and help yourself. A dismayed voice calls out "The offering!"

You didn't say what time it is, so I guess I'm still asleep.
Still asleep. it's still early yet.

I wait and listen, this could be really important
"okay okay, one ridiculous story at a time. You there! Speak up. be clear and start from the beginning." "We was in hte quarry, see, and this metal demon came, it was shiny and clanked, and then it possessed Billy! that's when we decided to get it!" "It didn't possess Billy you dolt. It changed shape and looked like Billy. thought it would eat 'is soul." "It didn't look like me! that's not what I look like! is it?" "Oh, by Mantock's underbeard! let him finish. Where'd the thing go?" "We kilt it. ... right guys?" there is a general mutter of agreement at this. "Okay, so that problem is solved. Why are you in an uproar? No DON'T answer! I don't have time for it. I said shut up!"

It takes the crowd a minute to sort itself out here, before the next little tidbit falls about the villagers chasing a many armed beast into the woods, where it "turned to smoke and drifted away." "It cast a spell on us and we were all lost in the woods. felt like days. We're lucky to be alive." there's an argument at this point about where exactly they lost the creature, and how many limbs it had. some thing there were just the two arms, and others counted as many as twenty, while the crowd can never agree on whether they got lured into the woods, or lost the creature at the outskirts of town.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2016, 10:42:22 pm »

still listening.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2016, 10:50:43 pm »

still sleeping.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2016, 07:05:59 am »

"So, Alchemist organic. What is your plan to get rid of the goop?"

converse with the alchemist. Stay close to him at all times.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2016, 12:49:44 pm »

Reggie dreams and does goopy stuff meaning nothing.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2016, 04:10:58 pm »

still listening.
The crowd continues arguing about what to do: pitchforks and torches, building a wall, hiding in homes, calling the military, getting a wizard to come and engage in an epic duel against the beasts, or a priest to exorcise them, or to ignore them and hope it blows over, or somehow to bring an offering to appease the evil demons.

still sleeping.
It warms up a bit. still early morning and you are still sluggish, but you could move about fairly normally. It might be a good time to practice with your new senses - get familiar with how you see, as it were.

"So, Alchemist organic. What is your plan to get rid of the goop?"

converse with the alchemist. Stay close to him at all times.
"Uh, hmm. My original plan was to get shovels and carts and haul the goop out to the mine. they have a shaft that has been exhausted. We could bury the goop there. I'm sure it will become inert within a couple years. Edmunson was to wait at the shore and direct you to the carts when you arrived. Last night we were discussing an alternative though? Let's see ... something about quicksilver? Exhemer's Dividing! We would need lots of copper and a catalyst, as well as the quicksilver in my lab."

Reggie dreams and does goopy stuff meaning nothing.
Blorp.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2016, 02:17:52 am »

continue to monitor the gathering of probably hostile townsfolk, listen for any new information or if they manage to organize for anything, and make note of roughly how much of the town is there, and if they're just dispersing on their own or the crowd is growing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2016, 02:22:09 am »

It warms up a bit. still early morning and you are still sluggish, but you could move about fairly normally. It might be a good time to practice with your new senses - get familiar with how you see, as it were.
Do that I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30