Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39073 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Toxic Gross
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2016, 02:20:36 pm »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Seems that guy I murdered (He deserved it. Teach him to knock ale out me hands.) was right. Lye making may actually be more useful than cheese making after all.

Look for more soap with Clunkers and the alchemist.
Okay. Want to look anywhere in particular?

verifying with GM that I did check take some extra time with the path, it being a traffic area and all, before continuing my search. Don't want another misunderstanding like the last one.

assuming that I did actually do so, then I would pause to listen as long as the people are talking about us, then move on and continue my search either when they moved along, took notice of me, changed topics, or got into a redundant cycle of saying the same things over and over.
Yes, you spent a little extra time here, and I paused your turn when you overheard the women talking about you. you are still at the path. You have come across a couple other cats in your journeys, so they are not unknown about this town. There is one sunning itself in the middle of the path, as cats are wont to do the road belongs to him, apparently. Point is, even iftehy see you, the women pay you no attention. You get the sense that they don't know much f use to you, though at least one of them did actually see some of your group. She describes a shiny metal guy a giant snake, and a wiggly tentacle thing, at least. No word about a toy shaped shapeshifter though.

"Like sssstealing candy from a baby. A Giant, ssstupid, psssychotic, ssmelly, hairy, greasssy, rubbery baby."
Find a hiding place and count my money. dissscard the purse drained of dosh.
You reach into the back and feel a sudden sharp pain and hear a loud snap! You jerk your hand out of the bag reflexively and weave it about, then clutch it in agony. Feels like something broke. Serpent Damn, that hurts. You catch the glint of a few coppers scattered about from the bag you dropped.

"I have determined tha tthe easiest course of action would be to get soap. Lot's of it. It renders the goop inert and will allow us to dispose of it safely. You, small organic, will tell this one either where to find a large amount of soap, lye and tallow, or you will assist me in convincing the townsfolk to give us their soap. They will probably be more receptive to a face they know. Do you understand?"

Go with the alchemist to convince townspeople to give him their soap. Alternatively, if he knows of stash of the stuff, go get that instead.
"Tanner has lots of fat for talow. we'll just need to render it. it's in there" He says, pointing at the goop. "Lye is easy enough. Just needs ashes and something to leach them in. if someone can bring each of those, and someone can get my vat out of my lab - its a big, black cauldron covered in alchemic symbols. You can't miss it - the n we can render up plenty of soap. Tomorrow. It'll be dark before we can pull all this together. Have you a place to stay?"

Also go with the alchemist, I guess.
Okay. It's going to be dark soon, and he is asking for ashes, a large vat, and animal fat.

Reggie team 2
are you planning to attack with those things or something? I don't think my friends would be happy you did that plus i'll just heal Every attack you throw at me in seconds but i guess i can stop you guys from hurting yourself so I'll show you something i saw in a book!
use the artifact as well as shape change to turn into a dragon that can fly if succesfull gly into the air.
((Man miners are jerks.))
Okay, playing with the artifact will require a minute or two of concentration, at best. And changing into a flying creature sounds risky. you can still run - the way is not locked yet, though people are starting to move. You can also transform into other things. You still wanna fiddle with the artifact?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2016, 02:25:23 pm »

use shape change to streamline myself allowing me to run faster run!
um real sorry but i have to go now it's Reggie and I'd stay and help but i just realized i need to find my friends.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2016, 02:36:06 pm »

Move along, continue my search for the wayward shapeshifter.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2016, 02:45:10 pm »

Fucking fuck fucking magic godsdamn fix fucking hand.
EDIT: To clarify, this means to fix the godsdamn hand using magic.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:08:40 am by Egan_BW »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2016, 04:20:05 pm »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Walk over to the marketplace and yell at everyone.

Hey! Listen! If ye want that mess over there cleaning up, we're gonna need soap! Lots of it! It would be a good idea to find some before it eats your town!
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2016, 10:14:31 am »

"This one does not have a place to stay, but then again this one has no need for sleep. I shall watch over you as you rest, and tomorrow you will rub my outer shell with soap and this one shall retrieve your supplies from within the goop. This one thinks it is best suited to retrieve things from within the goop, as this one is not organic."

Watch over the pathetic organic alchemist as he needs his beaty sleep. Then when he is ready, get a bit of soap to rub over my outer shell and go find his alchemy lab within the goop. Make sure the alchemist doesn't come too close to the goop again, we need him alive.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2016, 10:18:28 am »

use shape change to streamline myself allowing me to run faster run!
um real sorry but i have to go now it's Reggie and I'd stay and help but i just realized i need to find my friends.
You turn and bolt, legs lengthening, torso narrowing, arms swinging rapidly, neck elongating and a tail sprouting for balance. Yo umanage to dodge teh unorganized miners and find your way back to the path. Danger is not far behind you though.

Move along, continue my search for the wayward shapeshifter.
You head around toward the trail heading into the woods. Suddenly,you catch sound of a small pack of mice chittering about the strange metal beast that clanks. They sound nervous, wondering if it will return. you have a sudden urge to hunt something other than fellow shapeshifters.

Fucking fuck fucking magic godsdamn fix fucking hand.

All healing will require a medical roll.

You hold your fingers and scream. One of them is definitely either broken or badly dislocated. You try to move it back into place, but it hurts a lot, so you stop doing that. You are attracting attention.

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Walk over to the marketplace and yell at everyone.

Hey! Listen! If ye want that mess over there cleaning up, we're gonna need soap! Lots of it! It would be a good idea to find some before it eats your town!
s-s-somebody without a -2 cha is trying to convince people of stuff? Where am I?
So you go to the marketplace. there's a bit of commotion going on for some reason. You see the octopode off to one side, but he doesn't appear to be involved in the commotion. You stat shouting for attention but a loud scream on the other side of the market from an unseen person, draws their attention away from you.

"This one does not have a place to stay, but then again this one has no need for sleep. I shall watch over you as you rest, and tomorrow you will rub my outer shell with soap and this one shall retrieve your supplies from within the goop. This one thinks it is best suited to retrieve things from within the goop, as this one is not organic."

Watch over the pathetic organic alchemist as he needs his beaty sleep. Then when he is ready, get a bit of soap to rub over my outer shell and go find his alchemy lab within the goop. Make sure the alchemist doesn't come too close to the goop again, we need him alive.
the alchemist directs you to a nearby shrine or small temple. He gather's a worn blanket form a coet shelf, looks at you apologetically and mutters "Because my place is uninhabitable at the moment. The vicar here is kindly and lets vagabonds, and myself, on occasion, sleep here. he even leaves out fresh bread in the morning." He then curls up next to one of the vagabonds he mentioned and goes right to sleep. Gonna probably be a few turns before any action happens here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2016, 05:32:52 pm »

"Nooooope."
Gather up as many coins as possible, use magic to increase movement speed, and sidewind right out of town.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2016, 05:45:18 pm »

Reggie team 2
um what do i do uh.......i know!
Shapechange into a water colored puddle off the path use mimickry if it will help as well as the artifact.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2016, 05:52:32 pm »

Heh, Might as well...
I stalk closer to the mice, listening for any information about where the clanking thing went, any signs of where it might have gone, and if it is Reggie.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2016, 07:01:01 pm »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Ack, by the beard o' me father, Dumrhys Nulzukhson! Why do people have to make me life difficult?

Listen to me you 'orrible lot! Do you want your town to be consumed by the spill? If the answer is no, give us soap so we can stop it!

Yell some more.

((Yes, I do have a generator that makes Dwarf names.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2016, 07:16:02 pm »

"Well, keeping this small organic alive is half of our mission. At least I've managed that."

Keep watch over the alchemist. Just stand in a corner and watch the room and entrance

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2016, 02:25:14 pm »

"Nooooope."
Gather up as many coins as possible, use magic to increase movement speed, and sidewind right out of town.
You gather two coppers and a silver - oh nice, no wonder this rube trapped his coins - only to drop it all when you rush around a corner and bump your damaged hand on a wall.

Reggie team 2
um what do i do uh.......i know!
Shapechange into a water colored puddle off the path use mimickry if it will help as well as the artifact.
I'vegot your mimickry down as for "people and animals." Can't think of a puddle shaped animal, so no. The toy, likewise, fails to assemble into an amorphous liquid for you. You do however, manage to melt yourself into a puddle shape. It is uncomfortable to maintain though, for some reason. You hear the men coming up the trail. When the first comes around the bend he stops suddenly, looking around. the next couple stop as well, and someone starts asking what the hold up is. Someone starts whispering, but you can't make out what they are saying.

Heh, Might as well...
I stalk closer to the mice, listening for any information about where the clanking thing went, any signs of where it might have gone, and if it is Reggie.
The mice don't seem to notice you, and you remain focused on task. From the sound of it, the metal clacking thingy clomped on through around here, seemingly oblivious and barking or chirping or growling at everything. They keep an eye toward the woods, but eventually the excitement passes and they return to their mousely activities.

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Ack, by the beard o' me father, Dumrhys Nulzukhson! Why do people have to make me life difficult?

Listen to me you 'orrible lot! Do you want your town to be consumed by the spill? If the answer is no, give us soap so we can stop it!

Yell some more.

((Yes, I do have a generator that makes Dwarf names.))
A few of the people start paying attention to you. You grab one gawker and yell at him, then run over to the larger group and wave your arms in their faces. "Don't hurt me! I don't want to be eaten! take it, take my soap! I was only going to wash clothes with it anyway!" One woman begs, shoving a bucket full of laundry water at you.

"Well, keeping this small organic alive is half of our mission. At least I've managed that."

Keep watch over the alchemist. Just stand in a corner and watch the room and entrance
He went to bed pretty early all things considered. must be the "early to rise" kind. A couple more invalids come in and find sleeping spots. The Alchemist seems secure enough, unless the bog has his scent and is coming after him. Or the lice gain sentience and malevolence over night. Or your teammates return.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2016, 02:33:40 pm »

Too bad I can't afford to play right now.
Sadly, I can't afford to take the time to practice hunting as a cat. I meow once, announcing my location to the unaware mice, and then head down the trail, looking for more signs of where the mechano-dog has gone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2016, 03:50:14 pm »

Get out of town. Given conservation of detail, this is probably around where the Cat is. Also GET THE GODSDAMN MONEY.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30