Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕): Tick 3:Welcome Home  (Read 32569 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕): Tick 2: New Year
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2016, 04:37:47 pm »

Tick 3: Welcome Home

Dgetga continues to be unspecific! He may mean the Dgetagans, but should really be specific in the future. The Dgetagans, having been created in small numbers just before Stasis, had trouble getting a foothold in the world due to their small numbers (...I coulda sworn I already wrote something on this. If I did, previous canon overwrites this)). The towns remain small, and few in number, fairly isolated from the rest of the world. Often, Dgetagans go abroad to study, often sending their best and brightest to the famous Universities established by the Gods long ago. They almost always return to their home workshops after they are finished with their education. Their isolation, combined with unique psychology, physiology, and powers has lead to unique technological and musical development, easily quite different from the rest of the world. The majority of their technology is magitech, often focusing on their unique telekinetic ability. Overall, their culture changed little, however cities are now even more unwelcoming to outsiders due to their inability to interact with much of the local technology, even something as simple as opening a door can be difficult for non-Dgetagans. Trade relations exist, generally with merchants shipping things to the Dgetagans, as they posses few merchants of their own.

The Dwarf gratefully takes the money, and begins his experiments in earnest.

Mavnon creates the Gentry megaterme, who begin organizing the now-large colonies with their sapient intelligence. Efficiency immediately increases significantly, with the Gentry beginning to produce their own innovations as they speed like a bullet train toward the current technology level. (Mavnon -1E) *Note* The price check is multiplicative, not additive. The actual math would be 1*1.4.

Rilemi Adventurer's Guild is still in place, and is still similar to the form it was left in. The Dungeon is still turning out profits, with the Orbs of Evolution still being spread around the world for profit. Adventurous souls of all races can be found joining up, and AG buildings can be found in every major nation. There are many powerful Veterans at this point, with new technology making Dungeon trekking safer the amount of fatalities dropped, leading to more making it to the advanced-stages. The Guild is, if anything, stronger than ever. One of the AG's top representatives accepts the Lighthouse offer, arriving with a small legion of Newbies to set everything up.

Mavnon spreads hundreds of thousands of advertisements around the Pantheon's lands, advertising the Grand Opening. Knowledge of this event quickly spreads among the faithful and curios, with major sky-bus lines promising discount rides to the event for any who wish to attend wherever they may live. (Mavnon-1E)

Uztot visits the Aag nation (possibly the capitol), blessing families of all races. The family units of the Aag are fairly weak, with most believing their countrymen are "brothers and sisters", just as much as their actual brothers and sisters are. Not much attention is payed to the low-key god as he heals minor ailments, generally increases their luck, or helps out with their overall well being.

Sankis puts the staff in a safe in the corner of his workshop, then proceeds to return to work.

Iliseth grants minor wishes of the Saplings and Great Reefs. Many on hospital beds find themselves making miraculous recoveries, others find their pockets a bit more full, and the weather is even more pleasant than normal. Several even find a newborn baby in a basket on their doorstep, especially the poor who wanted families but could not make a trip to the Great Tree. (Iliseth -1P -1E)

Iliseth throws a fit over the Human's actions during Stasis, ending with killstealing several Orcs. She appears before the trucks, putting out her hand stopping one in its tracks. Closing her hand to a fist, a dome of dirt grows from the ground encasing the vehicle. The others truck on, passing her while kicking up dust. Iliseth lowers her fisted hand, as behind her the driver's heads explode like a firework in a watermelon. The trucks continue forward, some slowing down some speeding up, as smoke begins rising up from the inside as their inhabitants burn. Iliseth then walks toward the dome, a small doorway appearing just long enough for her to step through. Then, the rest of the Orcs die in the darkness. (Iliseth -4P)

Iliseth then searches for Illyria, who appears to be hiding. Not knowing what their new body looks like makes the search especially difficult.

The Templars have mostly integrated into the Human Alliance military as a kind of special forces, still recruiting mostly from the Faithful while being funded by the government.

Iliseth grants a large amount of wishes among her primary followers, with the thought "Iliseth Did This!" appearing in the head of those who received the wishes. Many workers suddenly have the month off, families with small children find themselves with new wuppies to take care of, students miraculous get "As" on their exams, and as always the poor find themselves with a bit more money and the sick find themselves healed. The Faithful take this as a sign that Iliseth has returned, and the recruitment rate of Priests and Templars rises. (Iliseth-3E, 1P)

Iliseth then curses those who displease her, with minor recurring nightmares. Anti-nightmare supply use increases significantly in many countries, except among the Orcs. They appear to take these 'nightmares' as a challenge, increasing their assaults on Iliseth's followers. Several groups of Pirates are founded specifically to harass the Human Alliance, and begin preying on the shipping immediately. (Iliseth-3P)

The Human Alliance, formally the Human Tribes, are a kind of republic system. Each Tribe has an area they govern, in a kind of state/providence. How each Tribe chooses who leads the area is up to them, with common choices being by election or hereditary positions. Then the leader of this tribe goes to the Capitol. They then vote on how the country is run, with each Tribe leader receiving a single vote. After debating Iliseth's question, their response is that they would prefer not to get involved with this, feeling that they should avoid having a State Religion due to several Representatives having other Primaries.

Uztot goes the the Mosaic, empowering it to spread incredibly strong feelings of peace and kinship to those who view it. He then greets his followers along with a new God, an event that impressed and confused the (generally young couples) viewing the wall. The event was reported on Aag-State Radio, increasing the traffic to the wall greatly. (Uztot-5P)

((...Did I already write something on the Loi'naaryt too? I think I did. Again, former writings are canon if contradicted by this.))

The Loi'naaryt generally continued their extreme isolationism. Technology grew slowly, eventually finding ways to refine and improve the ironwood trees they had been gifted. Population was also small, with a fairly weak economy due to the almost complete lack of trade between them and other nations. Many countries consider their very existence to be a myth, such is their isolationism. Socially, there has been a push by certain immortals for government reform against the matriarchy, which has so far been fairly peaceful but unsuccessful. The forests around them are typically a natural haven for the Cursed Animals, as they continue their hunter-gatherer lifestyle with their druidistic tenancies leaves the Loi'naaryt forests some of the least polluted or damaged areas of the world. This has gained them some powerful friends, who's abilities where integrated into Loi'naaryt lifestyle.

Koroshiya continues flying after witnessing the strange spectacle he had desired to stop himself. He somehow finds himself in the Dungeon, where a group of young Adventurers in combat gear are running away from a large group of armed wolf-apelike monsters. It appears they had gone too deep for their experience level. ((Is this layout working, or do you want me to handle this like "listen to prayers"?))

Dgetga starts a Drug Awareness campaign. Most people are already aware of drugs, what with the epidemic going on in Dwarven Lands, so this has little effect.

Lauxal grants free will to the NigthmareKiller! NMK is very confused at his new Sentience, rushing away from the combat zone to collect himself (Lauxal -1E)

Teburshe creates four new Great Trees and two new Great Reefs! The Saplings quickly get word of this wonderful news, with many migrating in absurd numbers to the new locations. They grow to great height almost immediately, with power assistance. New buildings are created, farmland is plotted, and trade routes spring up overnight. Gold Fever seems to have nothing on Great Fever. The population of the Saplings and Reef Dwellers begins exploding with the new trees, as population growth begins to expand. (Teburshe -10P -2C)

Teburshe then proceeds to interrogate the Trees. The trees respond by moving their branches up and down, in what was either a shrug or the wind.

Patronius meets with the Auror  Leader, who informs him of everything that has been written in the history section. Great Tribe/Auror  Relationships have always remained good, as such a Portal linking the capitals was founded. The Portal seems to take some time to recharge after taking in a large airship, but in any case decreases the time when traveling significantly. (Patronius -2E)

Patronius then creates a massive aircraft carrier!
Stats:
1E*PT Size+8(~4.19)*CP Magic Resistance/Blessings +1(1.4)*PT Armored+1= 7.22 (Can change at this point)
Fredrich immediately works to equip and man it with the greatest sailors the nation has to offer, dubbing it "His Will" at a celebration ceremony. (Patronius-8E)

Patronius then auto-answers many prayers. The majority are done publicly for the celebration, such as intensive care patients being prayed around by a large group, companies and corporations having all their employee's pray for their shared success, and general prayers for safety and protection of families and the nation as a whole. Most of the prayers seem to be questions, left unanswered even by this action (Patronius -6P).

Stellarion attempts to create the Myrillions with an incompatible system! If he would kindly change this to Symphony's Trait system, they will be processed at this point.

Alicia sings in the flying city! The city dances along with the song, the slow bobbing of the city's unique airships nearly mirroring the blossoms as those with feet on the ground spontaneously move along in unison, as if they had been practicing for the moment. The song is recorded several times over, becoming a popular tune immediately around the floating islands then the world, especially among those celebrating the God's return.

Kondreanth makes his first creations! First, he creates 100 Ancronz to answer Prayers for him. As few pray to this as-of-yet unknown God, they are hardly overworked. Next, he creates 2000 Gronooths, who immediately form a small group in unoccupied territory. Technology for both skyrockets forward, despite their very-low populations, toward the current level. (Kondreanth -8E)

300 Everwood Trees are created along trade routes, in Parks in the cities surrounding great trees, and other such locations. The Great Rush continues, as the Saplings scramble for valuable realistate surrounding these new creatures. (Teburshe-7E)

The New Kingdom begins advancing past the DMZ! They have resumed conquering lands, somehow moving their armies around the well-defended boarders.

Crime seems to be on the rise among the Nomad population. Their advanced DNA testing tools that had been a boon to discovering who committed crimes seem almost worthless now.

An angry Nomad "Shogoths Out" during a Great-Tribe celebration! Miraculously, no human was harmed (possibly due to the prayers of protection), but the Nomad was destroyed. Reports from the event state that he looked exactly like Fredrich beforehand, and may have attempted to rampage after he was discovered. The Actual Fredrich is angered by the news, deciding to investigate creating special units to search for such intrusions on the Tribe.

The Cursed Animals continue gathering massive armies, likely a result of their Leader having been freed. With these new threats, many of the nations begin preparing their own military force to face whatever comes next.

~Got through it on schedule. Don't expect Income soon~.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:10:11 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕): Tick 3:Welcome Home
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2016, 05:18:28 pm »

"And life goes on."

Gai-gen studies the dwarven civilizations, and examines their technology.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2016, 05:20:24 pm »

That was nice.
I do not disagree though they looked confused.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2016, 05:22:27 pm »

Tell the Dgetagans to work on usability a bit for visitors.

Develop a treatment or device that allows outsiders to use Dgetagan devices.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2016, 09:33:15 pm »

((changed the myrillions should cost 11.1 per unit of pops, so I use ichor or do a two turn action.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2016, 09:50:44 pm »

Nilva addresses the nomads. "Oh damnit people. Are acts of terrorism Really necessary? If there is a problem, let me know and I can poke the God who represents the problem group. Do not preform acts of terrorism. You are several times more likely to kill innocents then you are to kill anyone you intended to kill. It's stupid."

"As for the crimes. Why the feth are you stealing from each other? You can literally shit puppies if you want now. Just go eat plants or food and grow the thing you wanted instead of stealing."

Nilva addresses Fredrick. "I am dealing with the issue. I am equally displeased and it most likely will not happen again. Inform me if additional incidents occur."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2016, 10:03:17 pm »

[Koroshiya]

Koroshiya continues flying after witnessing the strange spectacle he had desired to stop himself. He somehow finds himself in the Dungeon, where a group of young Adventurers in combat gear are running away from a large group of armed wolf-apelike monsters. It appears they had gone too deep for their experience level. ((Is this layout working, or do you want me to handle this like "listen to prayers"?))
((Actually, the prayer style would be kinda nice. As it wouldn't be in character for him to listen for prayers in the direct sense.))
How did I end up in here?
Koroshiya checks the divinity sense.
Oh, so this is on another plane of existence. Well, enough of that.
Koroshiya creates a crude blade in his hand, and attacks the monsters, cleaving clean through them with each and every slice.
Wow, I can get used to this power. Well, looks like my job is done. I really need to find out more about this dungeon plane later.
Koroshiya leaves as suddenly as he arrived.
My super sense is tingling.

Nilva addresses the nomads. "Oh damnit people. Are acts of terrorism Really necessary? If there is a problem, let me know and I can poke the God who represents the problem group. Do not preform acts of terrorism. You are several times more likely to kill innocents then you are to kill anyone you intended to kill. It's stupid."

"As for the crimes. Why the feth are you stealing from each other? You can literally shit puppies if you want now. Just go eat plants or food and grow the thing you wanted instead of stealing."

Nilva addresses Fredrick. "I am dealing with the issue. I am equally displeased and it most likely will not happen again. Inform me if additional incidents occur."
Koroshiya appears.
"I heard something that made no sense, explain. Start with the... whatever they do with puppies."
He's still holding the crude blade, and it's still dripping with blood.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2016, 10:09:16 pm »

"If you bothered watching the current state of existence you would know that it's publicly known that the Nomads are capable of shapeshifting. Hence they can literally shit live puppies if they feel like it. Apparently a recent tweak to the genome isn't working right so I'll be adding a supplementary patch when this tick resolves."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2016, 10:25:12 pm »

[Koroshiya]

Koroshiya spends a couple seconds just... looking, at Nilva.
"What sort of god made those things in the first place? J-just give them some sort of responsibility, to balance the power."
Koroshiya sighs.
"This world is insane."
First the metal birds, then the dungeon plane, and now this.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕): Tick 0: Awaken
« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2016, 10:27:13 pm »

"_ _ _"
Kondreanth creates another (max E) of Gronooths_
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2016, 12:14:15 am »

"Twenty on Red."

2E*[Orc population]: Teach the Orcs the ability to channel their dreams into martial skill. By meditation and careful thought, an orc can convert their dreams into combat techniques. Call the artform Restitution.
4P: If any orc is able to master Restitution, grant them insane combat luck. I.e, they could dodge gattling gun fire without trying. An orc granted Luck and mastery of Restitution can seemingly defy natural laws.

Celebrate the Grand Opening of the Lighthouse and showcase all the advances of Mavnonites throughout the centuries (Like a world's fair).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:23:57 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕): Tick 2: New Year
« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2016, 12:49:23 am »

Lauxal grants free will to the NigthmareKiller! NMK is very confused at his new Sentience, rushing away from the combat zone to collect himself (Lauxal -1E)
"Lady Lauxal, I am regretful to inform you that there has been a mistake. While Lord Aurosseu attention was elsewhere at the moment of your action, the Nightmare Killer is in fact one of its charges. As I understand it, granting it free will was on its agenda nonetheless, so no harm has been done."

"I guess, since you spent resources and all, I'll help you with your Dream Killer that I assume you originally wanted to target. I'm impressed how you managed to give a semi-sentient being free will, by the way."

With Lauxal's consent, Aurosseu grants the Dream Killer free will.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 28, 2016, 11:32:13 am »

Appear before the Arachnids and tempt them to go with the new broodmother of Arachnids.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 28, 2016, 11:58:26 am »

[Koroshiya]

Koroshiya teleports away, far into the sky.
Hm... a bit boring when I can teleport everywhere, maybe I should get myself one of those metal birds to fly.
Koroshiya looks down upon the world, looking for trouble.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 28, 2016, 01:02:18 pm »

Is lif sees if she gained any followers from appearing.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19