Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285169 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1185 on: July 26, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »

"W-wedding?!? I... What wedding?"
I speak with a smile, enjoying the joke... At least I'm pretty sure its a joke. I mean, he is nice to be around and reliable an-
"S-so, um, I don't know how much you know about me, but, um, if we're going to be partners then you should know everything about me so... um, anything you want to know?"
I make sure Senna knows all about me.

Oz - a certain asshole keeps yanking my chain about those dates. don't count on me. the new new set goes well into october
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:05:12 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 26, 2016, 01:42:43 pm »

"Fine but don't forget I will come ta collect. Maybe with a bita intrest."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:47:18 pm by Loki987 »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 26, 2016, 02:24:49 pm »

Mongo rises to his full height and approaches Samuel. He speaks as if to an impatient child, patting the cursed one on the head condescendingly.

There, there, little one, you'll get your money soon enough. If you're patient, maybe I'll throw in a sweet for your trouble.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 26, 2016, 03:15:13 pm »

"Whatever mate."
I stroll away.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:23:00 pm by Loki987 »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 26, 2016, 04:04:24 pm »

Zombie lore time? Cool.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 26, 2016, 04:23:53 pm »

Noir nods a smile stretched across her face before something comes to her mind and her voices tone becomes one filled with worry.
"... Is ...Aylia  okay sir?"
ask the above question.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 26, 2016, 05:20:06 pm »

Pull the lever, and attempt to set a new combination. Regardless of the outcome, stash my blood sample back in the case, and put the hard case in the locker. Lock both locks, and pocket the key.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 27, 2016, 07:22:10 am »

Go get debriefed if necessary. Otherwise, find someone to buy the pike. Afterwards, look for work.
Someone will probably buy the pike. what are you interested in receiving in return? if it is excessive, you might get work to pay off the balance. otherwise, you could assist in building the "monastery" at the top of the cliff. or work in the kitchen. They could always use help. especially hairy help. Oh, I forgot to make all you spider people do a debrief. A Sergeant coes up to you while you are trying to pawn a pike, and asks fora report. he seems rather bored about it though.

See if the doctor needs anything.
Hug my comrads.
Ask if he has any services I can partake in later...
 Then search for what he, the doc, needs

"No, I don't really need anything. Surprisingly, Omega keeps the infirmary pretty well stocked. What kind of service are you looking for?" You wander around, hugging your teammates and thinking medical thoughts.

Dar'yajira will investigate the Omega housing area.  I don't believe it has ever been specified where he sleeps.
Long hallways of stone. Doors that are shut, some that are open on empty rooms. the occasional table scrap tossed in Dar's general direction. More frequent, spiders, beetles, and mice. Dar has heard that these rooms are not the only places people live in Omega. With as many types of beings as live here, that is not surprising. We never did "choose a room" for Dar. Wanna look for someplace suitable?

Say following, try to convince it to give me swamp water.

If I manage it, go and transport it to the cell and moisten the dirt or what have you that I needed to do. Make trip as many times as needed if I can't carry enough at once.

"Reply: I realize this, dearest swamp creature. However, this one's alchemical formulae require genuine swamp water. No other substance will do, lest this one's concoction go terribly awry.
Pleading query: Could you please give this one some of your swamp water? This one is loathe to ask the Omega mages to magick some up for this one."

"You may have some. I'd rather not have an incident with the mages on my conscious." You take a bucketful and head back. Your overseer takes a look at the water and shrugs. "It looks slimy enough, but ... is that going to be enough? Aren't you supposed to fill the room a couple inches deep? Are you gonna have an alchemist make this stuff expand?"

Very carefully telefrag the band into a jagged rock.
You very carefully telefrag your beak into a tree trunk. How uncomfortable.

"Ah, good to be recognized. Afraid I'm not familiar with you two, though. A bit new, you understand."

Deploy sweat collection supplies as I speak and probably sit down.
"Yes, that is expected. You may call him Chorro, and myself, Vines. Don't trouble yourself about the details. Tell us, how have you been enjoyigng your stay here?" Those names tickle something in the back of your head, but a moment late r, it is gone. You sit, lean back, spread wide, and begin to gather droplets as they form on your forehead. "Ah ... if it is not rude, what is it you are doing?"

"W-wedding?!? I... What wedding?"
I speak with a smile, enjoying the joke... At least I'm pretty sure its a joke. I mean, he is nice to be around and reliable an-
"S-so, um, I don't know how much you know about me, but, um, if we're going to be partners then you should know everything about me so... um, anything you want to know?"
I make sure Senna knows all about me.

Oz - a certain asshole keeps yanking my chain about those dates. don't count on me. the new new set goes well into october
Ah, the wonders and joys of military planning. Not that I know personally.

Senna listens to your story, asking about your family and your experiences before Omega, and in particular about why you chose to volunteer for it. She asks several related questions about that: what you expected when joining, what you hope to achieve here, if there was something in your past you wanted to get a way from. She talks pretty straightforward, without uncertainty about things like whether the questions are rude or sensitive. When Aylia hesitates about something, she encourages her to open up, but if Aylia avoids a topic, or goes quiet, she lets it go without comment. "So, you wonder about your father? How much do you know about him already? Do you feel like you don't know who you are, because you don't know who you come from?"

Zombie lore time? Cool.

There are several recorded methods of zombie creation, some more detailed and time consuming than others. in general, the more complicated methods have two purposes: 1) to overcome a weakness in necromatic power, or 2) the creation of a more powerful, intelligent, loyal, or versatile zombie. Liches tend to create tiers of zombies, for instance, with some being able, like yourself, to create more zombies via bite, though the newly made zombie will be a mindless lesser. Witches have the strongest power ofzombie creation, nd their zombies often rival golems for power, loyalty, and usefulness.

most forms of healing do not work on most zombies, simply because they are dead. Similarly, many forms of bodily effect magic do not work, such as the pain spell that hit you - you felt no pain, though you were coated with it. Necromatic energy can give zombies a sort of supercharge, whereas the same energy would put a normal being into severe agony. Mind control type spells have mixed results on zombies - sometimes bending them comletely to the will of the caster, and sometimes having no effect at all. there is no really recognizable pattern to which spells are effective and which aren't. Holy magic works quite well as a weapon against zombies, provided the deity worshipped is a life honoring one.

zombies tend to see death and dark magic more easily than the living. Otherwise, generally theydo not have special senses.

ask me again about the prevalence in society and religions. Brain's getting a little fried.

Noir nods a smile stretched across her face before something comes to her mind and her voices tone becomes one filled with worry.
"... Is ...Aylia  okay sir?"
ask the above question.
He doesn't respond. his segments have stopped rotating, and his hands have settled to the floor with a clunk.

Pull the lever, and attempt to set a new combination. Regardless of the outcome, stash my blood sample back in the case, and put the hard case in the locker. Lock both locks, and pocket the key.
Done, done and done.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 27, 2016, 09:24:05 am »

"This? I need to collect my own bodily fluids for some fun potion one of the poisoners promised me."

Commence the collection!

"As for my personal enjoyment, there's been quite a lot of that! Lots of chaos, of course, but chaos is the spice of life, no? How about you?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 27, 2016, 09:38:37 am »

On a walk exploring the area and trying to find a cheap bar Korvash wonders across a very familiar bird blinking about and into a tree.

Whats wrong with you mate?, too much magic fry your brains?
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 27, 2016, 09:43:58 am »

I answer
Senna listens to your story, asking about your family and your experiences before Omega, and in particular about why you chose to volunteer for it.
"I was raised by my mom in her elfin home. She didn't have a lot, but she had enough to take care of both of us, and she loves me a lot. But honestly, growing up, I always felt distanced from everyone else. I'm not an elf, even though I look similar, and... it made making friends difficult. I didn't really help that along myself though. I didn't really try to fit in, instead taking pride in my differences, and I spent a lot of time on my own. Mom refused to talk about Dad, and when I asked she always just seemed lonely, so I stopped. But that didn't change the fact that I want to know about him. I spent a lot of time trying to learn about the Fey, and about myself. I mastered cat-form really well because I kept practicing and practicing it, playing around as one, and learning what it's like. I used to get really disoriented when I changed sizes and stuff, when my center of gravity shifted all over, when I needed to learn to walk on all fours, and don't even get me started on what it was like to first try to learn to fly. But even with everything I could discover about the Fey and myself, I never did figure out much anything about Dad. I think he isn't a common Fey type, but there's just so many... Anyway, um, eventually, when I came of age, I'd decided that I needed to make a journey to learn about myself. I need to test myself, to see who I really am. Because the only way to describe what I am, as far as I know, is Aylia. And even I don't really know what that means. I figured Omega was a good way to do that, and at the same time to try to be productive and make things better, you know?"
She asks several related questions about that: what you expected when joining, what you hope to achieve here, if there was something in your past you wanted to get a way from. She talks pretty straightforward, without uncertainty about things like whether the questions are rude or sensitive. When Aylia hesitates about something, she encourages her to open up, but if Aylia avoids a topic, or goes quiet, she lets it go without comment.
"I expected to be isolated, disliked, bullied, abused, and to have to prove myself, eventually growing past that and gaining respect. Honestly, things have been better for me than I thought they would be."
"Omega is to be my crucible, my ordeal, to push me harder than I can push myself, and to help me discover who I really am."
"Not... really. I mean, I don't miss most of the people back home, and they probably don't miss me, but I don't have any real enemies or whatever. I just don't have friends from back then."
I don't so much not hesitate or avoid topics, as I force myself to come back to them. When I can't formulate a honest answer, I do pause and go silent, trying to put words together and failing, but I do come back to them later and answer them. generally one or two questions later I'll suddenly interrupt my own answer with the answer to the one I couldn't answer before... especially if the question I was currently answer was another one I'm uncomfortable with. but again, for the one I'm dodging, I do come back and answer that one too.
"So, you wonder about your father? How much do you know about him already? Do you feel like you don't know who you are, because you don't know who you come from?"
"I don't know much honestly. I mostly know who and what he isn't, rather than who and what he is. I've looked up other changelings, but they're really rare and most of the time their abilities and properties aren't documented well. I know my shifting ability comes from him, and my flexibility, and stuff, but that's about it. And yeah, I really don't know who I am. I don't even know what I am. even other changelings don't have the kind of shifting ability that I do. I mean, I'm even able to mimic the natural magics of the beings I copy. Most changelings don't shift at all, and even the ones that do can't mimic special abilities. Until last mission, I couldn't do any ice magics. But after my ordeal from then, I have a little ice magic even in my birth form. I don't know a whole lot about myself."

edit: new new new dates, these ones from someone both more important and more reliable than the asshole, are from Aug 18-21 to Sep 20-23.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:57:49 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 27, 2016, 10:30:27 am »

I'm trying to gather up whatever currency, if any, exists in Omega Legion. If I can't trade the pike for cash, trade it for whatever the closest equivalent is. After trading the pike for whatever I get, go work on building the monastery.
As far as I can tell we killed everything that needed killing, without any permanent fatalities. Anything else you need to know?

Edit: added info about selling the pike
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:55:30 am by AkumaKasai »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 27, 2016, 10:56:27 am »

See if the doctor can improve varion's walking ptsd mind fuck abilities and perhaps cloak him in shadows via magic. Though the former would be more preferable.
may I ask how my powers work in full?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:23:43 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 27, 2016, 11:03:11 am »

"Reply: that does seem to be the best way. The swamp creature was terribly averse to giving up his swamp water, for whatever reason."

Go to Omega Alchemists and ask them if they can multiply this bucket of swamp water.

"Query: Hello, dearest alchemists. This one has need of your vast powers. This one needs to fill a room with this bucket of swamp water, and asks humbly of you could somehow multiply its contents to that purpose."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 27, 2016, 12:19:53 pm »

Noir Dosent look Very happy at moment.
Look around camp ask around camp about Aylia.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 194