Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285250 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1170 on: July 25, 2016, 09:44:49 pm »

"Yes."

The cat is visibly quite happy with that response, and says "Yes!  It is very thankful!  If Eye ever requires aid, it should ask Dar'yajira!"
He then leans forward, in a gesture approximating a bow, before walking off with his head and tail held high.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 25, 2016, 10:06:36 pm »

Return to my room. You mentioned that there was a ledge with a small pool of water in it. Examine it more carefully. Is there any obvious way to drain and re-fill the water? And speaking of the water... how clean is it? And is it fresh, or salty? Taste a little.

Next, open up my footlocker. Verify that it is firmly attached to the ground (I'm assuming it is, as you said it was twice deeper than it is tall). Then, check to see if the locks are built into the case, or if they're simply wrapped around handles. Then, retrieve the key. See if the red blooddrop symbols on it and the lock react to touch. Then begin testing their reaction to various bodily fluids (sweat, ink if I can manage it, etc, but not blood), wiping them off between each test.

If nothing else try works: Withdraw a single syringe from my hardbound case, and, unless I found something obviously wrong with the water, use the basin to wash it out as best as I can. Then, use one of my arms to extract from another: a few precious mil's of my noble, terrapi blood. Squeeze two drops onto both the key and its lock.

Terrance grumbles mildly at the stark contrast between the weak red symbols, and his own deep, blue blood.*

Set the key aside, and take a look at the combination lock. Take note of which combination is currently lined up, and generally speaking what symbols are on the lock. Try to figure out, using farseeing as well as my obviously superior terrapi brain, if there's any way to set a new combination.

Then, after ensuring that the combination lock is set squarly on its open combination, attempt to squish my invertebrate body down into the locker. Just for the sake of it.

*((Come to think of it, I think Octopi may be colorblind.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 25, 2016, 10:45:29 pm »

shifting back to my normal form.
"I... I can sometimes get a much bigger version, but not reliably. Um, let me try again, maybe a couple times if I have to, see if I can get the big version and we can test that one."
try for the big one several times, taking a brief break between attempts to rest and keep the conditions optimal of course, see if that would be viable once I manage to get it.

during a break, I'd like to just spend some time getting to know her. I mean, you haven't even told me her name and species, though I'm guessing she's human. I'd also guess that she outranks me? I mean, I'm pretty new... but that's not really for sure, I mean, I am in a NCO position... what's her hair color? eyes? other physical descriptors? etc.
"Um, why did you join Omega?"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:59:30 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 26, 2016, 05:01:58 am »

Get healed, get any other rewards if they are avaible an look for Mongo.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 26, 2016, 05:22:19 am »

"Like that's even a question. Listen, I know of this one guy in the fey woods by the name of [whisper], you tell him I sent you, that your buddy Fiddler sent you to cash in a favor, and you give him this handshake," Fiddler demonstrates. "And then he'll be all like... [whispering]... so then you must give him the pass phrase, which is... [whisper]... he'll ask you if you're a cop, and then the important thing is that you say yes, and he'll probably get handsy then (man made his way with his two hands and lips if you know what I mean), but don't let yourself be distracted, that's exactly what he wants... [quite a lot more whispering, ending with a slight chuckle]... and then you can ask what you need, but make sure not to use the letter 'e' at any point in your request, it's an obscure sub-clause, you see."

Place a favor into the care of the elfington, get sauna access!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:30:37 am by Harry Baldman »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 26, 2016, 09:14:21 am »

Hump. That dude will regret being born. Can I still blink? If so, think of the band as not part of my body, and blink. If that doesn't work, get a rock to bash it off.
You can blink, within the confines of the arena. You blink yourself free of the band and caw triumphantly, until you look at your leg. irritated, you blin kagain. and it is still ther. again. again. angry now, you blink again. You pick a fight with a pigeon. You win, but not without a few feathers lost on your end. you pick up a pebble and begin poking it morosely at the white band of shame. You consider picking another fight.

try to get my short sword enchanted in return for the poisons to drip blood constantly o- preferable and help my mind powers, a focus I guess,
 or failing that get some good armor and a backpack or hobo pack for loot storage.
Try to fashion the fang into a dagger or carambit by sharpening the sides if I can.
Mou t the unbug bits on the wall near where I sleep and try and carve "VARION's FIRST IN OMEGA" on the wall next to it.
See if anyone needs a hug via
Check on rhe doc and see what he's up to.

you ... you might want to slow down juuuust a touch and consider your wording and grammar. I am having just a little trouble following some of this. Anyway, sorry about forgetting your visit to the doc last turn. the poison was in the fang was it not? it's not really the kind of fang that would sharpen along the edges well. it's more of a piercing tool than a slicing one. that said, you could get a handle mounted on it as is. You get a hobo sack with a leather strap to toss over your shoulder in exchange for the poisons. Yo uclean the nastier bits out of the unbug shells and pile them up on a ledge near your bed, and begin scratching int the wall. IYou get a very rudimentary beginning before you get bored and head to the doctor. He's fixing up your companions. You can't peek into his mind (I remember this fro myour last turn?) - that would be mind reading. So, at most, yo uget a ague uneasiness around him. Could be the smell of formaldehyde, though.

Some questions.
"Query:Is there a method to induce a field disciplinary action.

Further query:Is there a way to communicate through the Omega sigils."

"There are numbers of ways field discipline is handled. But usually, we leave that to those on the scene. Why? I don't recall you being designed for disciplinary action.

You do not have clearance for answers to your second question."

Get healed.
Ding! Patched, healed, and with a nice set of light scars, and one medium scar on your stomach.

Noir listens flinching  a bit at what she hears and at the threat part she seems to focus a bit more a more serious demeanor filling her faces expression.
"...my purpose...my dad wanted me to destroy the world but I don't want that...I have abandoned my purpose becuase it does not suit who I am any longer and it hasent for quite a while.
Noir's face takes on  one of deep confusion as if they had looked inside their own head and discovered something has changed and then pausing looking at them they speak slightly hesitant but conviction growing with each word spoken.
"I...I desire...to be happy and have friends to have people who look up to me and can trust me.To become so strong and powerfull to be swift to be smart to be someone who my father can look at and... feel genuine pride to be worthy of being a Demi god and to be someone who will be looked up to by the whole world.I suppose I wish...I desire that and I'll succeed.

Noir seems to be beaming with pride and after a few moments of silence seemingly having forgotten that she had one more question to answer she blushes and trying  to recompose herself.
"I actually... I'd like to know more about the queen...I dident even know of her existence until today."
Say the above
Pride. Companionship. Destruction. Defense. Parental Approval [approval from Destroyer: dangerous, in deed]. Fame. Recognition. The Queen is in your oath. You have known of her since you became an Omega.

You will be watched. Carefully. Welcome to Omega.

Return to my room. You mentioned that there was a ledge with a small pool of water in it. Examine it more carefully. Is there any obvious way to drain and re-fill the water? And speaking of the water... how clean is it? And is it fresh, or salty? Taste a little.

Next, open up my footlocker. Verify that it is firmly attached to the ground (I'm assuming it is, as you said it was twice deeper than it is tall). Then, check to see if the locks are built into the case, or if they're simply wrapped around handles. Then, retrieve the key. See if the red blooddrop symbols on it and the lock react to touch. Then begin testing their reaction to various bodily fluids (sweat, ink if I can manage it, etc, but not blood), wiping them off between each test.

If nothing else try works: Withdraw a single syringe from my hardbound case, and, unless I found something obviously wrong with the water, use the basin to wash it out as best as I can. Then, use one of my arms to extract from another: a few precious mil's of my noble, terrapi blood. Squeeze two drops onto both the key and its lock.

Terrance grumbles mildly at the stark contrast between the weak red symbols, and his own deep, blue blood.*

Set the key aside, and take a look at the combination lock. Take note of which combination is currently lined up, and generally speaking what symbols are on the lock. Try to figure out, using farseeing as well as my obviously superior terrapi brain, if there's any way to set a new combination.

Then, after ensuring that the combination lock is set squarly on its open combination, attempt to squish my invertebrate body down into the locker. Just for the sake of it.

*((Come to think of it, I think Octopi may be colorblind.))
I believe the footlocker is under your sleeping bench, and is as long as the bench, but goes back toward the wall twice as far as it is tall. as for the water in the basin- water is a rather carefully dished out resource here in Omega. there is a pitcher with which to fill the basin, which is currently dry. the water was clean before. You'll have to go to the kitchen for a pitcher of water to fill it. As for the key and lock, you fail to make it react to anything but your blue blood.  All the needles have been verified to be clean and unused bt hte gnomes who inspected it or you before. Lock and key both change blue when you add your blood. there is a dial along the side of the combination lock which , when twisted, changes the set of symbols on the lock - geometric, alphabetic, heiroglyphic. there are a number of possible sets of symbols. You settle on geometric and line art for the moment. there is a lever beside the combination lock that says "set combination" below it, and "lock/unlock" above it. perhaps if you flip the lever to the down position you can set your combination?

I looked online: cuttlefish may be colorblind, but can camouflage with colorful backgrounds just fine. Somehow they discern what information they need for colors, though unnatural patterns tend to elude them. So try not to stand in front of a checkered background or anything.

the door of the footlocker is the front side, rather than the top. You slide your limber body quite easily into it, with room to spare.

shifting back to my normal form.
"I... I can sometimes get a much bigger version, but not reliably. Um, let me try again, maybe a couple times if I have to, see if I can get the big version and we can test that one."
try for the big one several times, taking a brief break between attempts to rest and keep the conditions optimal of course, see if that would be viable once I manage to get it.

during a break, I'd like to just spend some time getting to know her. I mean, you haven't even told me her name and species, though I'm guessing she's human. I'd also guess that she outranks me? I mean, I'm pretty new... but that's not really for sure, I mean, I am in a NCO position... what's her hair color? eyes? other physical descriptors? etc.
"Um, why did you join Omega?"
You eventually get the larger version, and find that in this form you can easily carry her. She has you climb some steep rocky slopes, and directs you to one of the taller trees in teh base to climb it. She hangs on pretty well, even going vertical on the tree. the climb down is awkward , slower, and more challenging.

I believe i did tell you that she was human. if not: she's human. ((gimme a break, she's like one day old here :P)) Athletic build, with a bit of curve. She moves like adancer, all flowing motions and smooth, though occasionally she'll make a sudden, lightning fast motion that hints at her deadliness. She wears clothing that is sturdy but comfortable, leather boots that look well kept but hard used. "My name is Senna" Senna tells you at some point, though everyone has been calling her Sticks, for some reason. When asked, she waves it away and says "boys will be boys," rolling her deep brown eyes a little. "I and Nikao" she waves at the man who was the other potential partner "are Rangers, so yes, we outrank you. Rangers are elite members of Omega, who can operate over long distances with little supervision. We tend to act in small units, but we must act together as a closeknit team, due to the nature of most of our assignments. it's a good gig, if a bit challenging. We take our members from both the rare volunteers such as yourself, and the branded, such as myself. But, once a Ranger, always a Ranger. And always an Omega." She says this part seriously, looking at you for a long moment. She ends the moment by running her long, thin fingers through her wavy, light brown hair. "-cough cough- I might be coming down with a terminal cold, what with all this drafty, humid weatherwe've been having. Go on without me. Nikao will train you up just fine." She lays back dramatically, one arm across her forehead, the other hand flopped into the brown grass. "no no, i'll recover, eventually. I must. I must be there for you ... for your -cough cough- for your wedding ...."

Get healed, get any other rewards if they are avaible an look for Mongo.
You got a whole new magical specialization, for free, from a tempdeath, you greedy greedy undead. Anyway, You are dunked in a stone tank of water in the morgue and left overnight. You actually fade into unconsciousness at this, but when you awaken, you are healed up and good as newly drowned. You then go to find Mongo. I will assume you do find him.

"Like that's even a question. Listen, I know of this one guy in the fey woods by the name of [whisper], you tell him I sent you, that your buddy Fiddler sent you to cash in a favor, and you give him this handshake," Fiddler demonstrates. "And then he'll be all like... [whispering]... so then you must give him the pass phrase, which is... [whisper]... he'll ask you if you're a cop, and then the important thing is that you say yes, and he'll probably get handsy then (man made his way with his two hands and lips if you know what I mean), but don't let yourself be distracted, that's exactly what he wants... [quite a lot more whispering, ending with a slight chuckle]... and then you can ask what you need, but make sure not to use the letter 'e' at any point in your request, it's an obscure sub-clause, you see."

Place a favor into the care of the elfington, get sauna access!
"yes yes, I know the routine. Well, this will prove to be quite useful. Here you go." He directs yo uaround a boulder, up a flight of stairs, and into a suite of rooms all carved from the bedrock. You strip, grab a towel, and head into the sauna, where something like a small hippo, and a tall, blue thing with a dozen eyes and an obvious set of mammaries sit, chilling in the heat. "... right out the blowhole." the blue lady finishes, before both turn theirheads your way, the hippo's eartwitching. "Please, close the door, Fiddler. yes, we know who you are. make yourself at home."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 26, 2016, 09:17:37 am »

((sorry about grammer, been verry sick and trying to just get these out here while I can))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 26, 2016, 09:41:12 am »

Go get debriefed if necessary. Otherwise, find someone to buy the pike. Afterwards, look for work.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 26, 2016, 09:46:13 am »

See if the doctor needs anything.
Hug my comrads.
Ask if he has any services I can partake in later...
 Then search for what he, the doc, needs
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:53:21 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 26, 2016, 10:47:07 am »

((Well, I could try.))
To Mongo
"Hey, my furry friend. Remember when ya killed me most violently. I do. Anyway, I don't hold a crudge.
But I am here to get something, ya know for compensation. What do ya have to offer. Coins or something."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 26, 2016, 10:47:50 am »

Say following, try to convince it to give me swamp water.

If I manage it, go and transport it to the cell and moisten the dirt or what have you that I needed to do. Make trip as many times as needed if I can't carry enough at once.

"Reply: I realize this, dearest swamp creature. However, this one's alchemical formulae require genuine swamp water. No other substance will do, lest this one's concoction go terribly awry.
Pleading query: Could you please give this one some of your swamp water? This one is loathe to ask the Omega mages to magick some up for this one."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 26, 2016, 11:00:57 am »

Do I look wealthy to you, my twice-dead brother-in-arms? Be patient, you shall receive your compensation, but I cannot give what I do not have.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 26, 2016, 11:21:08 am »

Very carefully telefrag the band into a jagged rock.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 26, 2016, 12:33:03 pm »

"Ah, good to be recognized. Afraid I'm not familiar with you two, though. A bit new, you understand."

Deploy sweat collection supplies as I speak and probably sit down.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 194