Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285000 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1155 on: July 25, 2016, 04:31:19 pm »

Ebony puts "Identify Magic" and "Lightning Arc" in her spellbook.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 25, 2016, 05:11:49 pm »

Action:get pay for spider venom. See who will take my unbug bits for weapons armor and such,
Check over my loot
 go check out the doc and see if he can do anything with them
Mildly probe his mind and inevitably recoil in terror.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:03:56 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 25, 2016, 07:23:49 pm »

Exit portal, promptly ignore debriefing and take to the skies.
Dibs his pay
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 25, 2016, 07:27:15 pm »

((Guys, we aren't getting paid. Other than the bottles of venom and whatever else you scrounged up, that is.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 25, 2016, 07:33:39 pm »

((well crap))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 25, 2016, 07:54:21 pm »

((Not like they were going to pay a crow anyway.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 25, 2016, 08:04:58 pm »

((hopefully I can get a cool enchant for my sword from the spider venom. Something to make it drip blood constantly or make it help varion's powers. I'll call it the blood of sin))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 25, 2016, 08:27:29 pm »

New missions will not be posted before this weekend, and may not be posted until some point next week. This is so I can create something decent, and so you guys cna faff about and get your down time between missions. Sorry for those of you who have already been off mission for a week or two. If you are really in a hurry to get back in, I can send some of the Merc team with Pancaek to do a very short little run. Very short, no faffing or dawdling. As in - done by next wednesday at the abolute latest, and preferably by Sunday. Also, it won't be a level up mission, but there could be some small rewards.

"Good!  This one was uncertain, after seeing its damage."  The cat pauses, before continuing.  "Eye is meant to watch, yes?  Dar'yajira requests that it watch for these locations called 'Durnvale'.  Cat believes its Master was taken to one of them.  It watches itself, of course, but this one fears it may miss something, and Eye is very good at watching..." he trails off momentarily.

"Oh!  Dar'yajira was given map, of Durnvales, see? he fiddles with his collar, and moments later a holographic map pops up, highlighting five locations labeled 'Durnvale'.  He looks hopefully at the eye.  "So, will Eye assist?"
"Yes."

Hmmm.  A mission for Dar and the Eye, to the Durnvales?

Perhaps. I will be setting up missions up through the weekend. But a mission to that area is in the works.

Character sheet updated
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After getting back from the mission, collect my pay/equivelent, help/accompany Mongo to a doctor then head to the bar I need a drink

Come on Mongo lets see about getting your wounds treated
Someone tosses yo  a few rats, which you swallow whole. No self-respecting lizard man chews, after all. You get Mongo to the doc and ask about a bar. The doc just chuckles and shakes his head. "The moonshine around here is strong, but pricey. Be careful who you purchase it from, and who you drink it with."

Find a doctor and see about getting patched up. Afterwards, join Korvash in the bar.
You head to the doc, with Korvash' aid, upon discovering that there is no official Omega Bar, Korvash tilts his head back and wails in agony. Hmm. Moonshine is expensive? this could be an opportunity.

Well the guy sounds h-I-I mean, I'll pick the girl. She'll help push me to become better, and her style of combat and general attitude is kinda similar to my own.

During a break:

Edit for Oz: Date of my afkness has shifted and shrunk, it's currently supposed to be approximately Aug 18-30, possibly extending to Oct 2 or starting Aug 15 or both.

"U-um, I have some forms other than a horse's that might interest you. Um, I recently got the ability to become a big ice cat. I... don't know if it would work, but if you wana try it..."

If she's up for it, I am.
"Sure, let's try it out. I'm up for a new experience." She loosens the saddle, and you shift into Big cat form. though you are larger than a tiger, You are noticeably shorter than your horse form like this. Must not have gotten the larger size this time. "hmm. A little small for a normal mount, but could be useful, especially for hunting or stealth operations." She saddles you up, but the saddle fits poorly, being designed for a horse. "Don't worry, we'll get your measurements and have a more suitable harness put together. For now, let's walk you a bit, and see how you hold up." She climbs on, and shifts around until her weight is spread across your back. You walk, but it is somewhat ungainly, and this form is not used to the weight at all. Looks like you'll need some strength training or a more consistent ability to get the larger Giant Cat form before this can be a normal mount form.

((okay. We've done two mission sets in eight months, so it's still gonna be somewhat awkward. I think you can be put into the mission I have planned for Dar and the Eye, though - there will be plenty of opportunity to disappear from the party for a time without causing problems.))

Try to find a swamp being here at omega and ask if I could possibly get some swamp water from it.

If there are no swamp beings, reluctantly go find a mage and ask it for swamp water.

To swamp thing: "Query: Hello, dearest swamp organism. This one was wondering if it could acquire some samp water from you?"

To mage: "Weary Query: Greetings, mage. This one is looking for a significant amount of swamp water. This one wonders if you have the ability to acquire such a thing."
You're in luck. You head down to the Canyon floor, take one of the Canyons radiating out  from the main canyon, and come to a hollow. It is dim, and relatively cool here, with teh cliffs almost overhanging the bare, flat space. The space is broken into two by a ledge that runs diagonally across the hollow. The area above the ledge is about three feet higher than the other side. There is a small, mudy pool at hte back of the higher portion, in the deepest shade, and a small opening through which you would only fit by laying down and crawling. You call out, and after a time a long snout appears in the hole. A leg of the Omega Brand is visible on the snout. "What do yo uneed with swamp water? If you are thirssssty, the canteen keeps enough to drink for all Omegasss."

((I rolled for this. I want you to know that.)) You fly through the portal and head for relative freedom, but are snatched out of the air before you make it three feet. "Not so fast, you little shit." And you are stuffed into a cage. A small white band is placed around your ankle as well. You are taken to one of the arenas in the central area of omega and let loose. Try as you might, though, you can't fly back out. Some kind of invisible force field keeps you in. There are dead, or nearly dead trees, some small vegetation, and several other forms of wildlife in here as well. You fly up to the highest perch you can find, but it is occupied, and the occupant chases you off, so you settle on a jagged outcrop near the wall, and sulk.

I'm looking for books about the history of necromancy, or books on necromantic theory.
Oh right. Okay.The archivist takes one look at you and rushes over. he begins asking you about everything: how you died, when and where. How you were raised, you r history as undead, and more. When he finds that you want ot learn about necromantic theory, he drags you, quite literally, through the library to a wide, cheery, and brightly lit room with a single large, round stone table in the center. he places a sign on a stand a the entrance. The sign simply says "occupied." He places you at a low bench that encircles the table and brings over a large, thick book, which he places before you. "There is more information than you can probably process about necromancy around here. this book will talk about zombies, and i will guide you. Don't try to turn me though. that would be silly, of course. But some have tried. Now, what would you like to know?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Say the above to the officer.

Segments of the officer's torso rotate, stopping in different configurations for each sentence, and then rotating again to another configuration before it speaks again. A child. A fool. A runaway. A Darkling breed. Naive. Kind. Arrogant. Impulsive. Ignorant. A Threat. Troublesome. A volunteer. An Omega. it pausesa momen. then its segments whir for a moment and are still again. What is your purpose. What do you desire? How will you serve the Queen?

Oh, and does the Eye get debriefed?
Yes, go ahead and give a report. ask any questions you have, or the others would have you ask.

Locate sauna.
This place isn't known for luxury, but yo uhear whispers about what can be gotten. You track down an elfling who squints and looks you over pretty thoroughly. A kindred spirit. "I can get you what you seek for a price." Exchange one favor for access to a sauna?

Ebony puts "Identify Magic" and "Lightning Arc" in her spellbook.
Done. Good choice. :D

Action:get pay for spider venom. See who will take my unbug bits for weapons armor and such,
Check over my loot
 go check out the doc and see if he can do anything with them
Mildly probe his mind and inevitably recoil in terror.

The spider venom gets some interest from the poisoners. The unbug bits don't generate much enthusiasm anywhere you have your spider fang and a short swod and pike. not a bad haul for a single mission. You wanna trade the fang ot the poisoners? What are y u asking for in exchange?

Dibs his pay
Someone chucks you another rat. Well, they're tasty enough.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 25, 2016, 08:30:02 pm »

((I am *not* going to have a spell turn out really useful and then wish I'd transcribed it earlier again if I can help it :P ))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 25, 2016, 08:34:45 pm »

Hump. That dude will regret being born. Can I still blink? If so, think of the band as not part of my body, and blink. If that doesn't work, get a rock to bash it off.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 25, 2016, 08:35:46 pm »

try to get my short sword enchanted in return for the poisons to drip blood constantly o- preferable and help my mind powers, a focus I guess,
 or failing that get some good armor and a backpack or hobo pack for loot storage.
Try to fashion the fang into a dagger or carambit by sharpening the sides if I can.
Mou t the unbug bits on the wall near where I sleep and try and carve "VARION's FIRST IN OMEGA" on the wall next to it.
See if anyone needs a hug via
Check on rhe doc and see what he's up to.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:15:18 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 25, 2016, 08:36:16 pm »

Some questions.
"Query:Is there a method to induce a field disciplinary action.

Further query:Is there a way to communicate through the Omega sigils."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 25, 2016, 08:44:05 pm »

Get healed.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 25, 2016, 08:56:04 pm »

Noir listens flinching  a bit at what she hears and at the threat part she seems to focus a bit more a more serious demeanor filling her faces expression.
"...my purpose...my dad wanted me to destroy the world but I don't want that...I have abandoned my purpose becuase it does not suit who I am any longer and it hasent for quite a while.
Noir's face takes on  one of deep confusion as if they had looked inside their own head and discovered something has changed and then pausing looking at them they speak slightly hesitant but conviction growing with each word spoken.
"I...I desire...to be happy and have friends to have people who look up to me and can trust me.To become so strong and powerfull to be swift to be smart to be someone who my father can look at and... feel genuine pride to be worthy of being a Demi god and to be someone who will be looked up to by the whole world.I suppose I wish...I desire that and I'll succeed.

Noir seems to be beaming with pride and after a few moments of silence seemingly having forgotten that she had one more question to answer she blushes and trying  to recompose herself.
"I actually... I'd like to know more about the queen...I dident even know of her existence until today."
Say the above
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 25, 2016, 09:01:43 pm »

So, what a fine bit of a quest. Time to go explore this place and set up. Shout if you guys need anything.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:51:01 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 194