Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284528 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #600 on: March 04, 2016, 02:00:53 pm »

((Ozarck obliquely asked me to explain stat optimization a bit, so GreenNope, read the below spoiler if you want to know more.  If you just want to play, and don't care about optimizing for maximum power, just ignore me and fix your sheet using what Ozarck said.

Except for one thing: Ozarck forgot to mention specializations.  Since you have +0 specialization skill, you get three specializations, each being some particular thing your char is really good at.  You could choose "specialization: fistfighting", which lets you fistfight better, or "specialization: ritual magic", which would let you cast ritual magic.  You could even go with something like "specialization: excessively tough", so that you'd be near impossible to kill, due to that +2 constitution.  You get three specializations, so you could get all three of those if you wanted.  Just make sure to choose at least one type of magic, or else you won't be able to cast any sort of magic at all.  Your options are in the "magics" spoiler in the OP.))

Spoiler: Optimizations (click to show/hide)

Dar'yajira idly sits in front of Fiddler, listening to his music and politely waiting for him to finish.  If Fiddler does finish, Dar will ask, somewhat desperately: "Has the blue twoleg heard of Durnvale yet?  Dar'yajira must know."

Dar'yajira then anxiously hangs around Fiddler while he asks about Durnvale.

GreenNope

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 04, 2016, 02:11:30 pm »

Thank you.
I will redo my character sheet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Specializations:
Fistfighting
Excessively Tough
Innate Magic (Underground [Being made of iron.])
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:22:05 pm by GreenNope »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 04, 2016, 02:15:12 pm »

You have one too many negatives in Skills.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 04, 2016, 02:39:02 pm »

((BiggerFish is correct.  You can remove one of those skill penalties.  I'd recommend either ranged weapons or healing, because both of those skills have synergy with magic; healing yourself with magic requires healing skill, and attacking at a range with magic likely requires ranged skill.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 04, 2016, 03:03:55 pm »

Dar'yajira idly sits in front of Fiddler, listening to his music and politely waiting for him to finish.  If Fiddler does finish, Dar will ask, somewhat desperately: "Has the blue twoleg heard of Durnvale yet?  Dar'yajira must know."

He doesn't, but he does take a break. During this, he seems almost approachable, as if his charm had taken a sudden upward swing as a direct result of his fine festival running experience.

"Oh, right, that thing. Haven't heard anything! Haven't asked anyone, actually. You could probably ask someone, come to think of it. Anybody who isn't a weirdo around here is a malcontent of some description, you'll find. Surely they'll understand."

"But fair enough! I'll finish up a set and maybe ask my bandmates if they know anything."

During another break in the playing, ask the drummer person if he's heard of something called a Durnvale. Ask the troll also. Seems like they'd know.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 04, 2016, 03:17:03 pm »

Dar'yajira responds anxiously when Fiddler suggests he do his own questioning. "This one does not trust the other twolegs.  They are dangerous and unpredictable when it speaks.  The blue one does not seem to have this issue--the twolegs love it."

After Fiddler accepts, the cat continues "This one is sincerely grateful.  If the blue one ever has need of Dar'yajira, it will joyfully assist."

GreenNope

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 04, 2016, 08:51:48 pm »

((BiggerFish is correct.  You can remove one of those skill penalties.  I'd recommend either ranged weapons or healing, because both of those skills have synergy with magic; healing yourself with magic requires healing skill, and attacking at a range with magic likely requires ranged skill.))
Ok, I guess I will remove healing's Penalty.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 05, 2016, 04:04:49 pm »

Kindly do me a favor, and check the first page - the list of characters, active, inactive and disabled. If I am missing someone let me know. No need to scroll through the whole thread looking for people though, just if you know of someone. (I know Yoink's character isn't on there, he never quite finished it).

onward to the search for spikey metal object!
You find an entire squad of spiky metal objects, being weilded by an equally impressive squad of spiky metal suited humans.

Play with the ants for a while.

Try ensorceling them with minor buffs to speed and strength.

They move noticeably faster, and suddenly the hive boils with activity. the anthill starts getting higher, and instead of a simple sand pile of underground debris, is shaping into a hardened shell.

"Heh. Howdy."
Jack squirms a bit as the toad's direct attention forces her to weaken his disguise, making his skin imperceptibly redder.
"Name's Jack."

Stand well away from the much more corporeal being. Watch for opportunities to induce suffering, large or small.
"Sure it is. Howdy, Jack." And before you can so much as cause the toad to urinate on ti's own foot, the door opens and one of the officers of Omega comes in, carrying something in his hand. he gestures to the toad. "Gellelle will see you. through the second door on the left. Don't wander. the others don't take kindly to surprises." She says, then turns to you as the Toad starts to hop toward the door. The officer turns back toward the toad suddenly "Just to be clear. go directly to your destination. You are being watched. if you devate, you will be torn to shreds and your parts will be boiled in blessed water." She turns back to you. "Gotta be direct. They don't always take the hint. Now, I have here a soul gem. that's not the technical term, but I am sure you have heard of them. You can see the Omega Mark within the gem. This will bind you to the service. It is the same oath that everyone who volunteers takes, but tailored to your kind. I need you to inhabit this gem, and repeat these words: 'I hereby offer my allegiance to Queen and Country, in the Service of the Omega Legion, acting in good faith to carry out the will of the Queen as imparted by the Officers of the Service, as long as both shall accept me. this oath is binding unto death and after, to be unbound only by a formal act of termination of Service, duly offered in the presence of an officer of the Legion, or by the release offered by the Legion at will."

((Ozarck obliquely asked me to explain stat optimization a bit, so GreenNope, read the below spoiler if you want to know more.  If you just want to play, and don't care about optimizing for maximum power, just ignore me and fix your sheet using what Ozarck said.
-snip-

Dar'yajira then anxiously hangs around Fiddler while he asks about Durnvale.
Okay, you hang around the party.

He doesn't, but he does take a break. During this, he seems almost approachable, as if his charm had taken a sudden upward swing as a direct result of his fine festival running experience.

"Oh, right, that thing. Haven't heard anything! Haven't asked anyone, actually. You could probably ask someone, come to think of it. Anybody who isn't a weirdo around here is a malcontent of some description, you'll find. Surely they'll understand."

"But fair enough! I'll finish up a set and maybe ask my bandmates if they know anything."

During another break in the playing, ask the drummer person if he's heard of something called a Durnvale. Ask the troll also. Seems like they'd know.
the troll blinks and frowns. You can almost see the little rocks banging together in it's head as it puzzles out the question. The Dwarf shrugs and says "Sounds like a human town name to me. Lotta 'vales' out west, in the hills." A few minutes later, in the middle of another set, the Troll turns to you and says "It is made of fish! Tasty."

Ok, I guess I will remove healing's Penalty.
all set and added to the OP and my spreadsheet.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 05, 2016, 04:13:34 pm »

Approach them.
Heyyy guys, what are you bunch up to?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 05, 2016, 04:41:30 pm »

Relay these two facts (Durnvale is likely out west and may in fact be made out of fish - the second one in particular should be interesting to a feline) to the talking cat.

Then resume playing! Ask the praying mantis and the flutist guy if they know about a Durnvale (the place or the culinary item, both interest me in equal measure) during another break.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 05, 2016, 06:38:31 pm »

"'Deal with the Devil', huh?"
Do as they say.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 06, 2016, 10:26:54 am »

Keep watching, see how large they can make their hive before the buff wears off.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 07, 2016, 03:13:19 pm »

Approach them.
Heyyy guys, what are you bunch up to?
You step right into the path they were marching along, and one of them punches you hard in the face, kicking you out of the path. They march on. You hold your bloody nose and whimper. God, what a bunch of assholes.

Relay these two facts (Durnvale is likely out west and may in fact be made out of fish - the second one in particular should be interesting to a feline) to the talking cat.

Then resume playing! Ask the praying mantis and the flutist guy if they know about a Durnvale (the place or the culinary item, both interest me in equal measure) during another break.

Consider Dar notified. Neither the flutist nor the mantis can tell you about any town, but the mantis does have some interesting recipes for fish. You guys get into a discussion of cooking techniques and favorite foods.

Curl up somewhere nearby, close enough to hear any further questions Fiddler may ask.  Enjoy the music.
He tells you what he knows and then talks about fish with the "band" between sets. their music takes on a food oriented tone. and people start migrating toward the cafeteria for dinner.

"'Deal with the Devil', huh?"
Do as they say.
Okay, you feel your soul bind to the gem, or the gem bind to your .. .well what passes for a soul in demon kind anyway. Magical contracts man. It's like this every time you visit this plane. You are left to wander, with a stern injunction not to cause death or widespread fighting amongst the Legion. the phrase "repercussions will be dire" is used more than once.

Keep watching, see how large they can make their hive before the buff wears off.
They keep at it for hours, ants dropping to the ground around it in exhaustion as they reach their limits. The hive grows five feet as you watch, a ring of tiny black corpses surrounding it by the time the hive goes still.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 07, 2016, 03:15:00 pm »

Practice lifting weights with magic!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:56:29 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 194