Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284411 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2016, 09:31:45 am »

Attempt to leave using one of the two paths.  Walk slowly, being wary of pain/sensation from the mark.  If I can actually leave the canyon, examine the surroundings of this canyon--are we in the middle of a desert?  Is there forest neaby?  A city?
You are watched, first by one bird, then by several. they do not presently interfere in your exploration. You climb to the surface and look out through slitted eyes at a harsh, featureless desert, extending as far as you can see. looks just like the day you arrived oh so many ... four? Four days ago.

What's this minor enchantment on the wizard hat, then? Cosmetic or actually a thing that does something?

Oh, and how much is a solid set of brass knuckles?

It is enchanted to keep it on your head and to deflect cantrips from silly magical students just learning how to troll with the aether. it also provides study music for those all nighters before a big exam on fungal aspirations and radiant immersion tactics in thaumaturgy. whatever that means. "I'll give ya a set o' brass knuckles for two silver."

((You're maintaining the sheets, right?))
Yes, I have a spreadsheet n my computer that I am maintaining with all the relevant info on your characters.

what stats affect sorcery and innate magic?
It depends on how you use that magic. Control of something outside yourself will require will. Self buffs or damage to others will typically require constitution. Attenpts to gain understanding will require intelligence.
thats about all I remember you saying on the matter.
yes, essentially, if you are trying to directly cast magical energy to harm another, your constitution will affect the outcome. You've been making pretty good use of inate magic to get around this by using venom, which is typical of insects and others. but if you were all "Septum Sepmra!", you could get some backslashes going on, and end up in sore need of some bandages., for example.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 02, 2016, 09:42:15 am »

So, uh...hey, can I go now? Not a werewolf! Nope! Just your regular man who drank a strange potion and was then told to bite...never mind.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 02, 2016, 10:24:07 am »

So, uh...hey, can I go now? Not a werewolf! Nope! Just your regular man who drank a strange potion and was then told to bite...never mind.
"If I get a report f you biting another Omega, so help me, I will personally feed you to the ants." the other guy seems to have calmed after a day or so, and you are unlocked from your bed, and the two of you are let loose.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 02, 2016, 10:44:06 am »

Attempt to wander back to the doctor guy who gave em the potion to drink
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 02, 2016, 11:15:59 am »

Brass knuckles it is! And keep the hat I currently have. That ought to leave me with 40 coppers.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 02, 2016, 11:59:31 am »

Continue staring at the officers, slowly finish snacking on the foot.

Do not leave if there is still flesh on it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 02, 2016, 04:14:05 pm »

Wander.  Observe.  Avoid potentially damaging situations.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 03, 2016, 08:03:29 am »

Attempt to wander back to the doctor guy who gave em the potion to drink
Okay, you head out and off to the guy's lab. You take a few wrong turns along the way, but find him after a while.

Brass knuckles it is! And keep the hat I currently have. That ought to leave me with 40 coppers.
Okay, it's on the sheet.

Continue staring at the officers, slowly finish snacking on the foot.

Do not leave if there is still flesh on it.

They professionally ignore you. You finish your foot, crunching on the bones and staring at some mind-numbingly boring paperwork in process.

Approach the birds non-aggressively and openly.  Ask them questions.  "They are watching, why?  Because stupid birds watch, or because Masters see through their eyes?"
"Caw! Caw! Masters' eyes. Masters' eyes. Find your corpse. Find your corpse. 'ware the dunes!"

Wander.  Observe.  Avoid potentially damaging situations.
drifting sanguinely on the wind. Summer breeze makes me feel fine. Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 03, 2016, 10:13:10 am »

heyyy it worked, put the man into a madness lasting several days..made him tough too, he took several rocks to the head and kept going..
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 03, 2016, 10:16:47 am »

Stand in an inconspicuous location and begin to fiddle a gentle tune. Not really much else worth doing right now, it seems.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 03, 2016, 10:45:54 am »

"Dar'yajira understands.  This one supposes bird is not for food then, yes?"

Dar'yajira sighs, casting a final glance across the desert outside.  He then goes back into the canyon, hunting down a snack.  After eating, he'll hunt down the blue munchkin and observe it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 03, 2016, 01:59:34 pm »

Mision two is close to being wrapped up, and a new mission set will start up shortly thereafter. Meanwhile, feel free to suggest on base recreational activities that might keep players entertained while they wait. I could offer random effect potions or people to try out, for example. The ones that get tested could end up as mission equipment if their effect is useful. if their effect is immediate death, well, there is that, too.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 03, 2016, 03:42:00 pm »

Mision two is close to being wrapped up, and a new mission set will start up shortly thereafter. Meanwhile, feel free to suggest on base recreational activities that might keep players entertained while they wait. I could offer random effect potions or people to try out, for example. The ones that get tested could end up as mission equipment if their effect is useful. if their effect is immediate death, well, there is that, too.
Honestly I just like exploring the base and having a bit of fun while doing so.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 03, 2016, 05:12:51 pm »

((At some point I said that my char is going to sleep and left it at that, back when it was just me and Ozarck in here. But I would still like to go on a mission.))

Mordred wakes up in his room. He dropped right into the bed when he waddled in, tipsy and bruised. How much time has passed since then? No idea.

He had a dream. He had only one or two since they purged him, or at least one or two he could still recover from the consecutive blur of his morning sicknesses, bleak days and intoxicated evenings. A nightmare and another, omenous one.
This one was different. This was a happy dream. Sort of dream that sticks with you and lets you go through another day or two before it fades and becomes a bleak memory, not nearly as vivid and warming as it was.

Stroll out of my room, go find some water. Then get to the cafeteria and ask around when the meal is served, then inquire what's up in here lately: new faces, accidents, chit-chat of that sort.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:14:34 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 194