Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284248 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2015, 05:23:17 am »

Never played ER, but seeing as it's an RTD, if there is not already too many peeplez, I shall make a sheet shortly
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2015, 05:54:34 am »

Well, this gave me an excuse to use a random name generator I made.

Spoiler: Character! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats after level-up (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:19:49 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2015, 06:05:12 am »

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:25:22 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2015, 07:48:46 am »

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday, I went to see the new star wars movie. It was pretty good. Anyway, how's this for my character?

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:45:03 am by Pancaek »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2015, 10:42:54 am »

@TBF, "sapient".  Unless you mean your character is incapable of abstract thought, in which case, good luck!
Yes, sapient.  Ish.  Y.  Perhaps.  Who knows how good the AI is.

Is there a separate IC?

Because if not then there should be.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2015, 11:03:50 am »

Is there a separate IC?

Because if not then there should be.

The OOC chatter will dry up when the game begins. No need for a separate thread until the game grows sufficiently to invite speculation the way ER does.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2015, 11:19:24 am »

((Still think there should be an IC, every game with this many players that I've been in has one.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2015, 11:32:22 am »

((Still think there should be an IC, every game with this many players that I've been in has one.))

"The cool kids are doing it" is not a very compelling argument. Function over form, good sir, function over form. Besides, Perplexicon didn't have one, and ER only obtained one when the on-ship thread started buckling under the mountains of OOC.

Not to get on your case, of course. It's just that most OOC threads I've observed have been entirely useless and only complicated oversight of a particular game, and have been put up by GMs who vastly overestimate a game's longevity and amount of chatter. So I have a vested interest in reducing the proliferation of such threads - add them as needed, not for their own sake.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2015, 11:33:50 am »

Ah . ahem .-cough-. Eleven character sheets, and we're still missing a couple of the reserved players. (Lenglon and twinwolf, specifically, with NAV and Xan bot hexpressing interest in teh ER ooc and building characters there)

Okay, so here's where we stand with everyone's sheets:

Template: needs three specializations and a race
U_P: Good
Egan: Good. Fantastic. perfect. you are now recruited to spot check sheets for errors.
tryrar: needs stats and skills adjusted and needs skill specializations
TheBiggerFish: Good
syvarris: you can change your specializations. as for magic, might I recommend druidic? nature magic. a perk is that high skill gives you transformations. Since, you know, Kitty's master was a druid and all. otherwise, good.
Harry: Good as usual always a pleasure watching your character creation and development
Dutrius: Beautiful. Bayut12ul
Maegil: you need three specializations and you are good. Drinking, dimensional step, and acrobatics might fit your character theme, based on what you put in the ER OOC
Pancaek: you're selling yourself short, Bruh. you need 2 negative levels for your positive stats, and 4 negative for your positive skills. also, "Specialization"  is treated as a skill, so you currently have a 0 in specialization. Otherwise looks good.

-2 spec gives 0 slots
-1 gives 2 slots
0 gives 3 slots                   <- you have three specializations listed
+1 gives 4 slots
+2 gives 5
+3 gives 6
+4 gives 7

Moonlit: you also have too many negatives. You only need 4 negative for each stats and skills with the positives you have.
Unfortunately, sorcery is off limits for a construct, as sorcery relies on certain organic ...stuff.  I'll think of a better way to describe that later maybe. Think about what the creators put in her, and go from there. Maybe something like Mechanical Magic: Improved Function, since her creators wanted a metal creature to fly and move fast and all. Essentially that would give her the ability to increase a stat or skill roll for a price, and maybe influence other machinery or constructs.

All clear on how stats skills and races work? No? Good.

I'm leaning toward Harry's recommendation. I haven't managed a game large enough to need one yet, so maybe we wait a bit and see where it goes. I'm open to the idea though.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2015, 11:44:36 am »

Look, this thread is already accumulating pages of stuff we don't want nor need in an IC thread.

And we have like 15 people.
Sigtext

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2015, 11:46:06 am »

argh, I forgot about the special rule concerning the second +1. I redid it, it should be alright now. I think.

Look, this thread is already accumulating pages of stuff we don't want nor need in an IC thread.

And we have like 15 people.
Yes, but the game hasn't started yet. Once everyone has got their characters in order most of this OOC stuff will die down.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2015, 11:48:04 am »

Maegil: you need three specializations and you are good. Drinking, dimensional step, and acrobatics might fit your character theme, based on what you put in the ER OOC

Nae, sonny, ye're wrong. What we're good at is
drinkin', fightin' an' stealin', and donna be mistakenin' it for some woossie acrobatics caperin' or Imma gonna kick yer nog off.
As fer Dimmen... dimet... tha' step thing, well, imma nae so verra good at it, ye ken...

((What does acrobatics do? Depending, I could choose it instead of stealing, or on a level up.))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:08:09 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2015, 12:02:29 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:33:54 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nunzillor

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2015, 12:07:41 pm »

PTW

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2015, 01:21:28 pm »

Maegil, I'm listing your fighting skill as unarmed: brawling, unlessyou'd like to edit that. Acrobatics would help with the falls from heights and leaeping about and stuff, but stealing seems more in line with your character so it's up to you.

Twinwolf: looks good. except the rifles skill. No rifles exist in this realm. Also ... that pic plus a -2 charisma ... She must be a total #$@!* or something. Ah well, most of the characters in the game so far wouldn't likely look twice at her anyway, so there's that.

Pan, looks good.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 194