Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284244 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2015, 02:53:05 pm »

@Abstract, yes, it's mechanically fine, just slightly inefficient.  Don't mind me, I'm just a powergamer.
eh that never stops me I mean I'm the guy who makes it so one of my characters can't read/are children/naive/insane man.
 I love handicaps!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2015, 03:04:24 pm »

Both ATH and Moonlit's are now fine, though quad wielding is gonna still be difficult, especially with no specialization in the weapon of choice.

That just leaves tryrar to change some stats. Oh, and template. template, seriously, get a race and some specializations.

Syv, I can't think for the proper term for self enhancing magic, which seems a common route people are taking. sorcery is fine then. Anyway, your character is approved.
All healing will require a medical roll.

I hope intelligence becomes useful for at least some characters, like the spellcasters, who need it to learn spells, and the eye orb, who needs it for investigation, and others who might need it not to put burning coals in their mouths. If the current stat system turns out too unbalanced, we'll do one of those reality shifts like ER did, but that's down the line a bit.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:08:45 pm by Ozarck »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2015, 03:31:59 pm »

Acrobatics would help with the falls from heights and leaping about and stuff.

No problem then. I think feegles survive just by falling on their heads or something. ;)

@Maegli (+2,+1,+1)
  • five points to go from 0 to 1 (5 invested, total)
  • ten points to go from 1 to 2 (15 invested, total)
However, during chargen, (+1,+1,+1) costs the same number of negative levels as (+2,+1), which means the former character is hurting themselves slightly in the long term--It takes four missions for him to get to (+2,+2,+1), but the second guy only takes three.

Right, I'm reposting a minmaxed version with the specializations while keeping potential for comedic error:

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:44:41 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2015, 03:43:52 pm »

Sorry, just woke up :P. Fixed (I think)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2015, 03:50:47 pm »

Spoiler: Character App (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:12:19 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2015, 04:01:23 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:47:52 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2015, 04:01:28 pm »

tryrar, you need one more negative in skills for the positives. Or to remove the +1 otherwise, looks good. no worries about the timing. I've been working my butt off on this all afternoon. My brain hurts.

Doc, you have +2 +2 +1, which comes out to needing 11 negatives in skills. Dropping any one bonus by one would balance it, I think. if you drop the specialization bonus, make a note of which spec you drop. Otherwise, looks good.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2015, 04:15:20 pm »

((Alright, I lowered my unarmed stat to just+1.

Also, I intentionally left background empty. I'll elaborate on it in-character if anyone asks.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2015, 04:27:23 pm »

@Insanegame
Neat character, but I have the *distinct* impression it won't be allowed.  Essentially, you're unkillable, which is completely OP.  Maybe you could say that the puppet drones are each tightly bound to your character's vitality, and their premature death harms her to some extent?

Also, your stats and skills are incorrect.  For stats, you have +2/-2, when the proper penalty is -3; (+1,+1) costs -2, while (+2,+0) costs -3.  For skills, you have +4/-4, but +4 always costs -7.  The bonuses are gained on a (slightly convoluted) system of diminishing returns--use this tool to figure things out.  Also, you have no specializations listed, although you have four slots.

Lastly, unless you really can't wait a single mission to get your fourth specialization, I suggest you swap the +1 there to magic.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2015, 04:43:23 pm »

Edited sheet with the bare minimum to actually count as a character sheet and not just a bundle of stats.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »

Maegil, your changes have been noted.
Doc, looks good.

syv and Egan have been voluntarily drafted as assistants to the GM.

What do you mean you don't want to?

:P

And syv is correct regarding ISG27's character as it is written. we've been discussing it in pm, and trying to work out a suitable character that can still fit his character idea. as it stands though, the divide between the main character, which would stay at the base, and the offspring, which would go on missions, is too great. I am glad you posted it here for review though :D hopefully we can get it balanced.

Edited sheet with the bare minimum to actually count as a character sheet and not just a bundle of stats.
gave her a name, did you? God, before you know it, you'll grow attached, giving her a backstory, a personality, hopes and dreams, internal monologues, love interests,and other tools with which the GM can torment you.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2015, 05:55:43 pm »

Alright, I edited skills to bump unarmed to -2, which should cover it. I think that's everything.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2015, 06:14:22 pm »

yep. okay, there's thirteen of you ready. now I gotta decide if I want to start a single large mission or two more reasonably sized ones.
think I'll head out for a while and post a mission brief tonight.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2015, 06:26:24 pm »

With two missions, they should end at different times, so people can join in more often. It's more work, though.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2015, 06:30:08 pm »

Both ATH and Moonlit's are now fine, though quad wielding is gonna still be difficult, especially with no specialization in the weapon of choice.
yah
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 194