Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72999 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 1: Red Robes Reddened [16/16]
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2016, 04:15:18 pm »

For instance this one.

IF YOU DON'T ANSWER QUESTIONS, YOU GET LYNCHED. GOT IT?
...Took the words right out of my mouth.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2016, 04:16:05 pm »

TBF is rather frustrated with roo, apparently. Why are you so worried that he's voting you without a reason? Do you think we're all stupid?

Of course I am. Clearly I am the towniest person here. Also saying you have no reads is not game progessing. In fact it is an impasse. Infact it just leads to a pointless conversation of why you have no reads.

First you say you can see what I'm doing now I'm a whiner. The 180 is quite quick.

It's RVS. I don't think it's possible to get strong and accurate reads on people in RVS, which is the same as having no read at all.

I may see where you're coming from with the whole "accuse someone of being absolutely scum without any reasoning", but that doesn't mean you can't be whiney when you point out that people are, understandably, wanting more from you. I am a dynamic and complicated human been. I can take two stances - understandable behaviour, yet whiney - simultaneously regarding the same thing - you. There's no 180.

If I decided to vote for you, that'd be a 180. You're being profoundly anti-town, not necessarily scummy.

It's almost as though you're trying to prevent your lynch by calling it a policy lynch.
And if there was someone who was more scummy than you, I'd be voting him/her. You are currently the most scummy person around in my eyes.
Reasons: if you were town, you'd change your play style to better serve the town instead of getting you lynched. And you're not answering questions and stuff. See other posts made against you.
Then again, you might be a jester. But I'm willing to risk it.
~~~

Voting someone to get lynched because you don't agree with their playstyle is a policy lynch, just like lynching liars or lurkers. You're not lynching them because they're scum, you're lynching them because you disagree with their behaviour.

PPE: *sigh* the scum must be chuckling away to themselves behind their keyboard.

PPE2: bit of an unnecessary quote there, TBF.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2016, 04:17:53 pm »

@fallacy saying I am scum because I am not doing what you expect town!roo to implies meta. However you said a generic statement that can be applied to anybody. Every town could benefit if some "changed" their olaystyle to benefit town.

How do you know what I would do as town fallacy? Or for that matter the argument that I would do anything as town is fairly weak.

I'm scum because if I am town I'm not doing what you want is essentially what it boils down to. That is a lack of reason. Furthermore it lends credence to the fact thet you are trying to disguise a policy lynch. Which is scummotivated.

@deus tbf just blew up do you think he would do this as town or as scum? I ask you specifically because Something similar happened in vengeful mafia.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2016, 04:22:12 pm »

@hector:If he's somehow Townie, I'd rather not lynch him.
And no.  I think he might be acting that way though.

@roo:Except the exact same things you've tried to call me out on, deflection and evasion, are the very same things you're doing more of.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2016, 04:25:21 pm »

@hector:If he's somehow Townie, I'd rather not lynch him.
And no.  I think he might be acting that way though.

@roo:Except the exact same things you've tried to call me out on, deflection and evasion, are the very same things you're doing more of.

Let me ask you and FoU another question then: do you think this (meaning roo's behaviour) would be a good way for scum to act on D1? Give reasons for your answer.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2016, 04:25:52 pm »

@hector now is a great chance stuff is happening and you are saying you have no opinion on it. I want you to take a stance and see what you do with it instead of staying on the sidelines. I can see what you're saying even if you don't say it hector. For example you just called this situation tvt as implied by the off hand scum are chuckling to themselves. However you have not said anyone is town and stated you have no opinions on people. The stance is for posteritys sake. When I am lynched people can see clearly your thought process.

Why do you think thisnis tvt hector?
Or not it's cool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2016, 04:26:02 pm »

EBWOP: Also, what do you think would happen during the night phase if roo wasn't lynched?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2016, 04:26:25 pm »

I'm famished
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2016, 04:29:02 pm »

@hector:... Huh.
You have a very good point.
It doesn't make sense for him to draw five tons of attention to himself.
Unvote for now.

PPE:Roo, I highly suggest you just stop.  Hector has their opinion.  They do not need to start pushing it.
Though...
@hector:What DO you think so far?
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2016, 04:30:24 pm »

Did hector really win you over with his soaring rhetoric? He basically asked you to consider the obvious.

I asked because it is relevant to my interests if I am wrong.
Or not it's cool.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2016, 04:30:48 pm »

This answer is very, very late. I was looking through people's posts and lost track of time.

Better yet what do you think of these players voting me?
What do I think of them? I think FoU is might be town, but he could just e an experienced mafia. His vote of you seems like a pressure vote. OSG might have been trying to draw attention to himself with the first post, but each moment that passes without him following up on that to get even more attention makes me think he really just wanted to get conversation started. However, his vote makes me slightly suspicious, but I think the reason behind it is most likely true, no matter how much it goes against the spirit of the game. Lastly, TBF... I can't tell. Most of his posts are him wondering why you all of the sudden decided he was scum, along with him demanding you to answer. Although a person could say he's scum because he doesn't want to be lynched, frankly no one likes being accused of being scum without proof.

I see that there are 10+ replies. Perhaps they would alter the way I reply to this, but right now I don't have the time to read them all, since I have work to do.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2016, 04:36:49 pm »

@roo:He asked me to consider the obvious.  Amazingly enough, I was failing to do that while being otherwise preoccupied with you not providing any reasons for your actions.

What do you mean "your interests"?  Again you imply some hidden conditions that I really don't like.
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2016, 04:37:35 pm »

Tawarochir: How much weight do you give a Finger of Suspicion, early game, mid game, and late game?
Early game, FoSes mean nothing because nobody has any information. Midgame, they are somewhat important; I can't quite put my finger on why, but I know from experience. Late game, they mean nothing again because votes speak louder than words at that point.
Tawarochir What does it feel like, being singled out for a random vote and a solo question when I ask group questions to everyone else?
Kind of inconsequential. It is RVS, after all.
Everybody: What is your favorite song?
Don't have one.

roo as usual.
I don't have to explain to anyone why my reads are x or y. You can either trust me or don't as long as you're creating posts that elicit reaction I'm content.
Refusing to explain yourself doesn't reflect well on your Mafia skills, philosophy, or alignment. What if everybody played like you did? The whole game would practically be RVS based on hunches. The way you play, there's no evidence, no logic, no discussion, just random guesses. Your style of play is bad and you should feel bad about it.
Specific weird bit:
Oh right deus is town as well cool
Dafuq? Claiming miller is suddenly equal to town?
I'm famished
The hell?

origamiscienceguy: I don't think I've seen you too awful much around here. What kind of Mafia experience do you have?
hector13: A lot of people seem to think you're acting fishy, but I haven't seen a lot of you around. Thoughts?
Deus: You got me good last time, heh. So, anyway, you claim miller? I assume you're saying that now to make it seem less fishy if somebody investigates?
flabort: Do you think RVS pressure votes are actually useful in any way?
Tir: Do you think your internet will be OK this time? I know it seems to have a habit of suffering breakdowns at the worst of times. :v
TheBiggerFish: You're new at this, right?
Everybody else: What are your thoughts on massclaims?
You have a very good point.
It doesn't make sense for him to draw five tons of attention to himself.
Hold it.

Have you considered the possibility that he's pulling a gambit? What if he is scum, and is counting on people to think of this? That's Wine In Front Of Me, or WIFOM. Don't drop or make arguments based on it.

I got here after four pages of debate and there were 27 replies between starting this and posting this, so forgive me if I've underanalyzed the situation.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2016, 04:38:43 pm »

@hector now is a great chance stuff is happening and you are saying you have no opinion on it. I want you to take a stance and see what you do with it instead of staying on the sidelines. I can see what you're saying even if you don't say it hector. For example you just called this situation tvt as implied by the off hand scum are chuckling to themselves. However you have not said anyone is town and stated you have no opinions on people. The stance is for posteritys sake. When I am lynched people can see clearly your thought process.

Why do you think thisnis tvt hector?

I didn't say it was town v town, but it probably is, at least partly; I'm inclined to think you're town because it would be ridiculous (though not impossible) for scum to act like this on D1.

I'm inclined to see TBF as scummy because he's ultra-defensive and is demanding you say why he's scum without evidence, endlessly... he's worried about people following you, which I don't think is town motivated. PPE: unvoted... not sure what to think about this yet. Could be scum not wanting to push the easy lynch, while it could be town seeing sense... see later for what I lean toward.

FoU... his reasons for voting you are better, town lean. He does appear to be confusing anti-town actions with scummy actions. I'm more familiar with FoU in this instance though, that might be clouding my judgement here (I think it's his 5th game)

Anyway, considering that, Unvote.

Vote TBF.

Answer Tawarochir next post, because ninjas everywhere.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2016, 04:44:01 pm »

Oi, really hector?
Roo's whole shtick is based on not answering any questions.  I figured repeating myself over and over would eventually annoy him into explaining, at which point I might actually be able to get some sort of actual opinion other than "Seriously, this is so stupid."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65