Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Index: Interaction Repository  (Read 10239 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: The Index: Interaction Repository
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2015, 04:29:40 am »

This is a curse that turns people to stone over time, ultimately leaving them as a statue.

Spoiler: Stone Curse (click to show/hide)

Not included is a change to the title (because my understanding is that it affects the title of the creature throughout legends mode), or a change in skin color (because I don't know if that's possible or how to do it).
Anything that needs to breathe is more likely to die at the stonifying stage because their lungs will paralyze.
Edit: Okay, I went and generated a world with it, and it seems it is still suffering the problem of being survivable in world-gen. This can lead to people ambushing you only to immediately collapse and die. Any suggestions?
My suggestion is give up on the interesting syndrome effects affecting world gen. If the effect isn't on the vanilla interactions from the interaction update (secrets&curses) it probably isn't enabled for world gen.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2015, 12:24:28 am »

Couldnt you just have the syndrome give them the itemcorpse tag and then kill them slowly?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2015, 12:33:07 am »

Can't add that tag through a syndrome/interaction, but you could just transform them into a statue-like creature that does have that tag.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2015, 03:56:08 am »

Can't add that tag through a syndrome/interaction, but you could just transform them into a statue-like creature that does have that tag.
That works, but if done to a civ member, that statue will still count as corpse and will be buried.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2015, 07:25:21 am »

I've been screwing around with syndromes a bit here, and I just want to share what I've figured out. I imagine a lot of it is common knowledge.

* If a syndrome is applied that shares the same SYN_IDENTIFIER token as a syndrome that already exists, the prior syndrome is applied again, ignoring, as far as I can tell, everything else about the new syndrome.

* If you have a syndrome with a start time after its end time, it won't have any effect, unless you reapply the syndrome, in which case the start time will not change, but the end time will change to (<end time> + <current phase>).

* If a syndrome has multiple effects, and one of the effects passes its start and end time while the syndrome itself is still active, reapplying the syndrome will NOT cause the end time to change. That component of the syndrome is effectively disabled. This can allow a form of "acquired immunity" to syndromes if the syndrome has a benign effect that never ends.

* Multiple effects of a syndrome are tracked separately, even if they have the same effect. This means you can't "cancel out" a syndrome; having a CE_ADD_TAG:CAN_SPEAK with one syndrome and CE_REMOVE_TAG:CAN_SPEAK just results no speaky.

I've been trying to figure out a means to remove a syndrome from an afflicted creature, but no dice.  You can push forward the END timer, but you can't push it back, even though throwing negative numbers at the START and END times don't cause any errors, due to the fact that the components are independent.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2016, 05:19:46 pm »

Here's a fun ability that took a while to get right.  Apparently syndrome timers don't always work exactly as they're supposed to; some effects (specifically attribute changes) seem to always be added immediately regardless of their START timer, so to make them increase later you need to make a short-term effect that counteracts the increase.

Anyway, this ability is like one of those 'wait one turn, then unleash a super attack' techniques.  It freezes you for a short period, then supercharges you for a short period.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:HYPER_CHARGE]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:creature]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:HYPER_CHARGE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:HYPER_CHARGED]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:charging...]
[SYN_CLASS:HYPER_CHARGE]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:15:6:0:1:FREQUENCY:120:60:START:0:END:1:ABRUPT_START:ABRUPT_END:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:1:START:0:END:1:ABRUPT_START:ABRUPT_END:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:10:0:START:0:END:1:ABRUPT_START:ABRUPT_END:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Hyper Charge]
[SYN_CLASS:HYPER_CHARGED]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:24:6:0:1:FREQUENCY:120:60:START:0:END:2:ABRUPT_START:ABRUPT_END:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:1000:0:START:0:END:2:ABRUPT_START:ABRUPT_END:DWF_STRETCH:72]

Oh, and one of my old favorites, the Smite Evil spell that targets all bogeymen, night creatures, and demons, but nothing else in the vanilla game.  (Actually it might target angels as well now, so maybe the name should be changed... then again, maybe not so much.)  If you add a creature that has night-creature-like qualities but you don't want it to be targetable, you just give it the NOT_DEMON creature class.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SMITE_EVIL]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:spawn of darkness]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:NOT_DEMON]
[IT_REQUIRES:NO_DRINK:NO_EAT:NO_SLEEP:NOPAIN:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NOFEAR:NOEXERT:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOBREATHE:CAN_LEARN:CAN_SPEAK]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:blinded by the light]
[SYN_CLASS:SMITE_EVIL][CE_REMOVE_TAG:NO_DRINK:NO_EAT:NO_SLEEP:NOPAIN:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NOFEAR:NOEXERT:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOBREATHE:START:0:END:10:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:50:PERC_ON:100:START:0:END:10:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:200:PROB:100:START:0:END:10:ABRUPT_START:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:END:10:ABRUPT_START:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:BP:BY_TYPE:SIGHT:ALL:SEV:200:PROB:100:START:0:END:10:ABRUPT_START:DWF_STRETCH:72]

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2016, 12:30:52 am »

* Multiple effects of a syndrome are tracked separately, even if they have the same effect. This means you can't "cancel out" a syndrome; having a CE_ADD_TAG:CAN_SPEAK with one syndrome and CE_REMOVE_TAG:CAN_SPEAK just results no speaky.
Wouldn't adding and then removing CAN_SPEAK end in removed speech anyway? Or were you surprised that the first(and now useless) syndrome was still active?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2016, 02:58:47 am »

Yeah, I messed up describing that. I was doing it the other way; a creature with CAN_SPEAK was given a syndrome with CE_REMOVE_TAG:CAN_SPEAK, and then given a syndrome with CE_ADD_TAG:CAN_SPEAK. Both syndromes were remained active, despite one being "useless", and the REMOVE_TAG would always override ADD_TAG. I was hoping to use some of the ADD_TAGs as pseudo-booleans for interaction logic but that plan got pretty shot through.

You can de facto cancel out some syndromes, such as ones that do some percentage change of attributes (like by doubling an attribute, then halving it, resulting in normal), but that's not very useful in what I was hoping to achieve, and still results in the syndromes still persisting and interfering with any new application of the same syndrome.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:00:32 am by Tiler »

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2016, 09:30:17 am »

EDIT: It seems that any material defined as an INORGANIC will be red when liquid.  In order to make spells show up properly, create a fake creature with the spell materials and reference that creature's materials in the interaction.

What about water? Is it considered organic?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2016, 12:54:25 am »

No, but its a hardcoded material.

I haven't had trouble with inorganics always being red, so long as I've defined what color they should be both as a raw value (3:0:1) and by color name (TEAL)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AverageBandit

• Bay Watcher
  • "A nuuuuu"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2016, 05:46:36 pm »

NECROTIME

Is it possible to add in a natural ability that stuns the target? Or even better,disarms them completely without harming the target physically?

How about a "spell" like that one in Harry Potter that slashes the target with an invisible sword?

Or one that makes the target behave as if they have been hit with a gust of wind,falling backwards to the ground?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2016, 11:03:56 am »

You can stun a target with a syndrome liquid resulting in dizziness, fever maybe. The actual stunned state comes up when a target is effectively battered and tossed or just waking up. Unconsciousness can be used for that, as can a dust material emission.
You can disarm them by impairing the function of their hands, perhaps. Or causing temporary muscular damage.

Any material emmision that uses a solid glob or series thereof will cause some physical damage, but technically there's no invisible sword or the like.

A dust material emission can knock people over. Be careful though because dust emissions fling the user around as well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 05:27:49 pm »

Yes it's a double post, but with good reason!

Noticed nobody has posted regarding vampires. Here's a copy of the vanilla vampirism interaction Meph extracted and published:

So here's a little more about that SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS string:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I suspect CAN_BE_HIDDEN and an associated COUNTER_TRIGGER might be able to be used to label a creature as "drunk" if it's drunk alcohol recently.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]