Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Index: Interaction Repository  (Read 10236 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Index: Interaction Repository
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 08:44:37 am »

Yeah, you'd just do something like have the syndrome part under a plant definition or whatnot.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2015, 01:37:07 pm »

Yeah, you'd just do something like have the syndrome part under a plant definition or whatnot.

So like this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 02:23:39 pm »

Oh, you can condense them, I put it in as four things because of the joke about that being how he trained.

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2015, 03:31:13 pm »

This is a curse that turns people to stone over time, ultimately leaving them as a statue.

Spoiler: Stone Curse (click to show/hide)

Not included is a change to the title (because my understanding is that it affects the title of the creature throughout legends mode), or a change in skin color (because I don't know if that's possible or how to do it).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:52:19 pm by Trainzack »

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 04:39:02 pm »

Got it down to this. Any 'rollover' that you can see?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2015, 06:45:58 pm »

The syndrome tags help but yeah, though that might be too much strength.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2015, 01:15:03 pm »

This is a curse that turns people to stone over time, ultimately leaving them as a statue.

Not included is a change to the title (because my understanding is that it affects the title of the creature throughout legends mode), or a change in skin color (because I don't know if that's possible or how to do it).

Its my understanding that 2000 phases isn't very long at all. I'd like to see a similar thing that happens over the course of a year.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2015, 02:37:41 pm »

Here's an example: A spell that causes mild dizziness and numbness at first, which will wear off after a short period if the attacks stop, but can fully paralyze the target after repeated strikes.

Spoiler: Brainshock (click to show/hide)

By the way, fun fact: If an interaction has the VERBAL tag, you can prevent it from being used by removing the CAN_SPEAK tag from the user.  This allows you to have a 'Mute' spell that prevents wizards from casting.

If anyone can figure out how to stop the spells from showing up red when they are flying through the air, I would like to know.

EDIT: It seems that any material defined as an INORGANIC will be red when liquid.  In order to make spells show up properly, create a fake creature with the spell materials and reference that creature's materials in the interaction.

Question on the stacking spell effects: Is it possible to have a transformation effect occur in this way? For example, one or two strikes won't do anything, but if you hit the target repeatedly they'll transform. I can't find anything for SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED or RESISTABLE on the wiki. So far the only thing I can think of to have a similar effect is using PROB:xx to make it rare, so that statistically it'll be unlikely to occur on a single strike.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2015, 03:02:01 pm »

Its my understanding that 2000 phases isn't very long at all. I'd like to see a similar thing that happens over the course of a year.

I can change the length very easily. An adventure mode year is 29030400 ticks, right?

This hasn't been tested at all, but:
Spoiler: Longer Curse (click to show/hide)

Edit: Okay, I went and generated a world with it, and it seems it is still suffering the problem of being survivable in world-gen. This can lead to people ambushing you only to immediately collapse and die. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:03:07 pm by Trainzack »

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2015, 03:27:12 pm »

Toady "fixed" being able to butcher and eat sapients and such, so rather than remove them broadly I put in an interaction to remove the [CAN_LEARN] tag so I can butcher specific targets like before.
Code: (Mark a target to allow adventures to butcher them) [Select]

Add this part to a usage_hint:self_only and usage_hint:attack interaction for your adventuring races
So npcs don't spam tard-ify each other.
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Mark target]
[CDI:INTERACTION:MARK]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:10]
[CDI:VERB:mark a target:marks a target:NA]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]

[INTERACTION:MARK]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:marked target]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:88:4:0:1:FREQUENCY:2000:500:START:0:END:250]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:CAN_LEARN:START:0:END:250]

Someone on /dfg/ asked about being able to punch people across the screen and stuff so I tossed up a first try which didn't work, so I figured stacking a few interactions would be easier than trying to figure out when the caps will get hit.

Then while I was doing it I decided to full on nerdify it and make it Saitama's ridiculously implausible training secret from Onepunch Man.

Code: (interaction_onepunch.txt) [Select]
every_single_day

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

[INTERACTION:ONEPUNCH_TRAINING]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
CE_BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:START:0:BP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0
--^-- halp please, can't figure this out --^--
[CDI:INTERACTION:100_PUSHUPS]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:100 push-ups]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:INTERACTION:100_SITUPS]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:100 sit-ups]
[CDI:INTERACTION:100_SQUATS]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:100 squats]
[CDI:INTERACTION:10KM_RUN]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:10 km run]

[INTERACTION:100_PUSHUPS]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_ADD_TAG:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:500:2500:AGILITY:250:2500:ENDURANCE:250:2500:TOUGHNESS:250:2500:START:0]
[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:125:PERC_ON:100:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:150:START:0]
[CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:2:3:START:0]

[INTERACTION:100_SITUPS]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:START:0
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:500:2500:AGILITY:250:2500:TOUGHNESS:250:2500:RECUPERATION:500:2000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:150:START:0]

[INTERACTION:100_SQUATS]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:250:2500:ENDURANCE:500:2500:RECUPERATION:500:2000:START:0]

[INTERACTION:10KM_RUN]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:250:2500:ENDURANCE:500:2500:TOUGHNESS:500:2500:START:0]
[CE_SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:START:0:CLASS:GENERAL_POISON:33:2:0:1]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:INTUITION:250:1000:FOCUS:250:1000:WILLPOWER:250:1000:SPATIAL_SENSE:250:1000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:5000:START:0]
You will be stupidly fast, ridiculously durable, strong enough to punch people across the screen (can't actually add more strength without hitting the problem Putnam found where your speed rolls over to 0.099), be able to sense where people are through walls (the green !'s), and generally a god of destruction.

I'm still illiterate when it comes to raws modifications, so could you show me where exactly to put these and how to make them work?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2015, 07:47:06 pm »

Make a new file in df/raw/objects and name it interaction_onepunch.txt, put the onepunch stuff in it and save it.

You can drop the other one where you want, I have it in interaction_standard.txt because I did it before the onepunch one.

You then need to add something to a creature or item so you can use it as an adventurer.
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:ONEPUNCH_TRAINING]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Onepunch Training]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2015, 10:16:36 pm »

Thanks, Max. You're alright.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2015, 05:04:19 am »

I'm not so sure, I read "you're right" and thought "well of course I am, that's why I'm called Max and not Maxine" and then I realized that was awful of me, and THEN I noticed you actually said "alright" apparently.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2015, 06:14:40 am »

Here's an example: A spell that causes mild dizziness and numbness at first, which will wear off after a short period if the attacks stop, but can fully paralyze the target after repeated strikes.

Spoiler: Brainshock (click to show/hide)

By the way, fun fact: If an interaction has the VERBAL tag, you can prevent it from being used by removing the CAN_SPEAK tag from the user.  This allows you to have a 'Mute' spell that prevents wizards from casting.

If anyone can figure out how to stop the spells from showing up red when they are flying through the air, I would like to know.

EDIT: It seems that any material defined as an INORGANIC will be red when liquid.  In order to make spells show up properly, create a fake creature with the spell materials and reference that creature's materials in the interaction.

Question on the stacking spell effects: Is it possible to have a transformation effect occur in this way? For example, one or two strikes won't do anything, but if you hit the target repeatedly they'll transform. I can't find anything for SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED or RESISTABLE on the wiki. So far the only thing I can think of to have a similar effect is using PROB:xx to make it rare, so that statistically it'll be unlikely to occur on a single strike.

No, unfortunately either/or effects like transformations and adding/removing tags completely ignore syndrome concentration.  So do attribute changes, although it would be nice if they didn't.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2015, 07:40:33 am »

I'm not so sure, I read "you're right" and thought "well of course I am, that's why I'm called Max and not Maxine" and then I realized that was awful of me, and THEN I noticed you actually said "alright" apparently.

Savage.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4