Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition  (Read 15768 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2015, 08:22:12 pm »

the question is, are there enough female bay12ers to maintain something of a stable population? or at least a population that has a chance of surviving?
probably not
Also, get my dog, and my cat, some food, my phone, then learn how to drive. After that, drive to baltimore.
Yup. And raid the city of its zero riches!
savage
literally
You gonna come up to baltimore nomad?

Spoiler: Request for the DM (click to show/hide)
What we could do is settle in the DC area. Its mostly central, and is much richer (and cooler) than Baltimore. We would have basic buildings to set up a government, apartments, and the Potomac river to trade with bay12ers not in DC.
Does it go to baltimore?
The river flows into the Chesapeake Bay, which Baltimore is on
Yeah sure.

Go to D.C. instead of baltimore. Look for dogs. Try to find a generator and a laptop.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2015, 08:26:12 pm »

DC is a swamp by trade. Probably not the best climate to try to settle in.
It is in the Mid-Atlantic area, with a 4 season climate. With it being the US capital, it is very developed and it won`t be swampy with all the development. And if we need to, we can ship through the national harbor at the Gaylord. We can also ship on the Anacostia river, which is connected to the Potomac. We can then ship along the Chesapeake Bay, possibly creating a DC-Baltimore society/Trade network. (If you could not tell, I live with in 10-20 minutes from DC) 
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2015, 08:28:03 pm »

It is in the Mid-Atlantic area, with a 4 season climate. With it being the US capital, it is very developed and it won`t be swampy with all the development. And if we need to, we can ship through the national harbor at the Gaylord. We can also ship on the Anacostia river, which is connected to the Potomac. We can then ship along the Chesapeake Bay, possibly creating a DC-Baltimore society/Trade network. (If you could not tell, I live with in 10-20 minutes from DC)

We would need a ton of people to create a baltimore D.C. trade though.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2015, 08:28:30 pm »

the question is, are there enough female bay12ers to maintain something of a stable population? or at least a population that has a chance of surviving?
probably not
Also, get my dog, and my cat, some food, my phone, then learn how to drive. After that, drive to baltimore.
Yup. And raid the city of its zero riches!
savage
literally
You gonna come up to baltimore nomad?

Spoiler: Request for the DM (click to show/hide)
What we could do is settle in the DC area. Its mostly central, and is much richer (and cooler) than Baltimore. We would have basic buildings to set up a government, apartments, and the Potomac river to trade with bay12ers not in DC.
Does it go to baltimore?
The river flows into the Chesapeake Bay, which Baltimore is on
Yeah sure.

Go to D.C. instead of Baltimore. Look for dogs. Try to find a generator and a laptop.
Yes, go to DC. Plenty of supplys, plus being across from Mega-Rich Northern Virginia.(2 Richest countys in the US are across the Potomac. Loudon and Fairfax. Fairfax is closer to DC, as it is right across.)
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2015, 08:29:16 pm »

We would need a ton of people to create a baltimore D.C. trade though.
That would be later. DC first.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2015, 08:38:14 pm »

Quote from: Maryland Thread
Quote from: TheBiggerFish
All right, I thought Baltimore because it was a place I had a key for.  But yes, to DC.
Let me just pack up all the stuff.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2015, 08:45:02 pm »

Quote from: Maryland Thread
Quote from: TheBiggerFish
All right, I thought Baltimore because it was a place I had a key for.  But yes, to DC.
Let me just pack up all the stuff.
Great, we can set up a government in a DC building. Due to the size of the population however, we would have to set up the government in a small building, then move it as the population increases. A good place could be the archives, or the Smithsonian. Before I go to DC however, I need to pick up my brother, cat, phone, dog, supplys, raid the local superstore, and learn how to drive. Then we can set up a government...

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2015, 08:48:28 pm »

Quote from: The Maryland Thread
How many bay12ers are coming to D.C.?

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2015, 08:54:27 pm »

Quote from: The Maryland Thread
How many bay12ers are coming to D.C.?
We need support. Thats why we need to rally support for people to come.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2015, 08:56:30 pm »

Can you guys come vote at this poll?
http://strawpoll.me/6199468

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2015, 09:12:50 pm »

DC's not actually part of North America, of course. Taxation without representation and all that :p

I'll probably spend the first day figuring out what's going on locally, one day getting my super trailer together, one day heading to South Padre Island, then drink myself into a week long stupor to get the required emotional breakdown out of the way quickly. Have to reconcile myself with the fourth wall and all that.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2015, 09:43:25 pm »

Well, I learned how to drive and picked up stuff. I am in at the Smithsonian Building. Just waiting for people now.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2015, 09:45:34 pm »

Depends on whether we want the stable population to be half-spambot or not.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2015, 09:51:34 pm »

I know of at least a few forumites within, say, a hundred miles of me. Problem is, we're all on the complete opposite side of the country from DC.

What we'd probably do is set up a Western Bay12 Enclave to make use of the resources found out here. No reason to leave everything west of Virginia unused.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2015, 10:12:40 pm »

All right, B12 Silicon Valley is go.
Also Operation Get Toady.

I think there are enough female B12ers, yes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18