Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition  (Read 15761 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Only Forumites Survive - Bay12 Edition
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2015, 11:25:37 pm »

find out how to activate a cellphone and turn it into a wifi hotspot - since the government would be down, I guess it wouldn't be illegal. That way no matter where I went I'd have internet, at least.

If cell towers are still up, using your phone as a hotspot should be easy, and not at all illegal. I don't know about iphones, but androids actually come with a mobile hotspot app pre-installed.

I guess my first order of business would be to get a good supply of food. That probably means raiding the supermarket for all it's worth.

After that? Finding someone who knows actually knows how to survive would be a great idea. In terms of interests, I'd definitely want to secure the local library. A world without books would be a very sad place.

I honestly don't know what I would do from then on. Meeting up with a few American Bay12ers would probably be a good plan, but I want to stay with my dog, my food, and my books. Mort likely some variation of eat, write, read, sleep, and go on Bay2, not necessarily in that order. I wonder whether the FG&RP subforum would even exist after an apocalypse.

I would probably end up eating the last cheese sandwich in existence, which is weird and sort of poetic at the same time. We'd be back to all-natural foods before too long.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2015, 01:41:09 am »

find out how to activate a cellphone and turn it into a wifi hotspot - since the government would be down, I guess it wouldn't be illegal. That way no matter where I went I'd have internet, at least.

If cell towers are still up, using your phone as a hotspot should be easy, and not at all illegal. I don't know about iphones, but androids actually come with a mobile hotspot app pre-installed.

It's the activation of a stolen phone part that would maybe be illegal; one assumes using it for a hotspot afterwards is at least as leggal as that.

I guess I'd have to head south into the states to find a significant population of survivors, eh?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2015, 02:03:16 am »

For starters I'd loot the heck out of everything nearby and find a nice house to base myself in. Something old and quaint-looking. Probably smash a lot of stuff along the way, revelling in the glorious freedom (and mourning the few people I actually cared about).

If we still had internet I would most likely be here posting in the WTF thread, too, of course.

I'm not sure what a long-term plan would be... I wouldn't exactly have any ways of escaping this here island to link up with the rest of y'all, so I'm guessing I'd have to set myself up here in Australia. I could... probably manage to get some crops growing or something. Probably.

...More likely I'd just eat all my stockpile of looted food and entirely fail to plan for the future, knowing me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2015, 02:04:47 am »

I would......get absolutely screwed over because there's only about three or so Bay12ers in England, apparently.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2015, 02:09:55 am »

I would get Buckingham Palace and talk to The Queen, because that's what videogames think the British do in a panic scenario.
thincake

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2015, 02:16:04 am »

I would get Buckingham Palace and talk to The Queen, because that's what videogames think the British do in a panic scenario.
I would be so happy if the Queen was a DF player.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Nunzillor

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2015, 02:28:33 am »

Oh man... I dunno what I'd do.  The forums would go down pretty quickly, I have no idea how I'd find anyone.  Maybe find a ham radio, use that?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2015, 02:36:05 am »

Fly into full depressive rage over the loss of my wife and two sons, (perhaps foolishly) challenge MZ to a fight (as he is closest and most powerful), if victorious continue wanton destruction until defeated, if I fall to MZ (and still live), accept my new even more pathetic existence and lend aid where possible.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2015, 02:42:51 am »

It's probably you, isn't it? Queen Incognito.
thincake

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2015, 02:56:14 am »

It's probably you, isn't it? Queen Incognito.
Not really incognito, it says it right there under her avatar.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2015, 02:58:37 am »

Nah, nah, Queen of England's who we're looking for.
thincake

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2015, 03:16:58 am »

I'll probably stay at my house. As far as I know, there no nuclear power plant in my country, and it would be difficult to round up the animals if I wanted to leave. I could claim the wildlands around my house as farmland and grow food there. Sure, it's boring, but it works. There would be no issue from raiders because as far as I know there's barely any Thai people on Bay12, and KaelGotDwarves is unlikely to want to raid me. I'll work with other Bay12ers to set up a more stable communication network before the internet fails. Perhaps radio.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2015, 03:20:38 am »

as for the internet and stuff, it would probably fail quite quickly, due to lack of power. Somebody needs to do A) download all the files and host their own servers or B)find all the important servers and makesure the local powerplant is running.

Also, enjoy super fast internet speeds as almost no one uses it!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:23:04 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2015, 05:37:28 am »

Nah.  The Internet would live, it's the power lines we'd have to worry about.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2015, 05:42:07 am »

Cry.
Go insane from this and subsequently start believing that ToadyOne is the devil.
Go on a quest to find and assassinate him.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18