Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Tavern / Church / Library Design Discussions!  (Read 48114 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern / Church / Library Design Discussions!
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »

So fun fact...you need to be careful who you invite to stay at your fort...

I had a troupe of performers (about 6 of them) petition to join my fort which I thought was nifty...so i let them stay to entertain...

A month later one of the elves turned into a fucking werepanda!

This furthers the proof that elves are to be slaughtered on site.

Luckily only one of my people died (and about 4 visitors).

My doctor was among those with major injuries so I had to make a new doctor...he handled it well it seems.

EDIT:
SWEET BABY ARMOK SAVE US ALL! THE WHOLE TROUPE WAS MADE OF WEREPANDAS! I HAVE BEEN INFILTRATED BY THE FORCES OF EVIL!

Edit:
My fort has now turned into a remake of "It"...and every month a new cascade of dead bodies are torn apart by new werepandas

Congratulations on the FUN!!!

Anyone got performers to dance at temples or taverns?

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2015, 06:26:12 pm »

They are no longer robots it seems!

More like the union contracts expired and there's no longer unalterable, mandated break time. Labor shall provide all the happiness the proletariat needs! :P

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2015, 07:14:44 pm »

A wereelephant attack left my fort with fifteen corpses and a cursed blacksmith. I managed to wall the blacksmith into a containment area before he turned. Now I can't stop thinking about making his prison into a library, air dropping in some supplies, and seeing what interesting research he conducts/books he writes with the newfound time he has on his hands.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2015, 08:29:37 pm »

A wereelephant attack left my fort with fifteen corpses and a cursed blacksmith. I managed to wall the blacksmith into a containment area before he turned. Now I can't stop thinking about making his prison into a library, air dropping in some supplies, and seeing what interesting research he conducts/books he writes with the newfound time he has on his hands.

Omg new use for vampire time capsules

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2015, 09:08:50 pm »

If only there were some way of extracting the produced books without killing the vampire....
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2015, 09:54:53 pm »

If only there were some way of extracting the produced books without killing the vampire....
Two rooms + airlock + dummy lever? Also a decent way to resupply him. Minecart route for quantum stockpiling efficiency.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2015, 12:07:30 am »

So far the wereelephant is a dabbling logician. Library is stocked and there's plenty of pondering, but no writing has taken place... yet!

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2015, 07:32:32 am »

Two rooms + airlock + dummy lever? Also a decent way to resupply him. Minecart route for quantum stockpiling efficiency.
Are quantum stockpiles still a thing? The track stop interface has changed slightly (you now designate an output stockpile, rather than dumping in a particular direction), and as a result, the exploit seems to have been fixed.

(But I'm loving the idea of scholar vampires and weredwarves, instead of their only viable occupations being 'bookeeper' and 'manager'.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2015, 07:33:36 am »

(oops -- quote instead of edit)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:16:48 am by MobRules »
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2015, 08:55:18 am »

@MobRules: I haven't seen any change in the track stop construction interface? I've constructed my QS' the same way as previously, and checking to place a track stop gives the same dump direction toggling? And my QS' work...

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2015, 08:58:10 am »

If you give the vampire a farm, it is possible to let him make quires himself. With a tree farm, he can even make book bindings; a pig tail farm will give you cloth and slurry (-> paper), so he can make all the books he wants, even if the rest of the fortress has fallen enough that they cannot bring him empty quires.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Brody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2015, 09:34:01 am »

If you give the vampire a farm, it is possible to let him make quires himself. With a tree farm, he can even make book bindings; a pig tail farm will give you cloth and slurry (-> paper), so he can make all the books he wants, even if the rest of the fortress has fallen enough that they cannot bring him empty quires.

At first I was considering trying something like this for my scholars in general, but I scrapped it because dwarves whine when you lock them in rooms by themselves. But with were/vamps you could set up little convents(is that the right weird?) with their own farms, and a pick to dig straight down for stone to make the bindings.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2015, 10:19:21 am »

@MobRules: I haven't seen any change in the track stop construction interface? I've constructed my QS' the same way as previously, and checking to place a track stop gives the same dump direction toggling? And my QS' work...

Ah, I'd always set direction after it was created, using the 'Q' key. That option is now gone. Didn't realize that you could also set it while creating the stop (in fact, I had wondered why you couldn't; must have just overlooked it!). Thanks!

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2015, 10:53:36 am »

At first I was considering trying something like this for my scholars in general, but I scrapped it because dwarves whine when you lock them in rooms by themselves. But with were/vamps you could set up little convents(is that the right weird?) with their own farms, and a pick to dig straight down for stone to make the bindings.
Yeah, so far the only thing bothering my wereelephant is that she's lonely for friends and family; I had her craft a stone flute thing because a lack of creativity was bothering her, and I gave her a zone to worship her deity. I'm worried that eventually she'll be too stressed by the lack of booze to be a productive author, since she's rarely thirsty enough to drink.

She's also spent a lot less time pondering logic and more time praying to her deity since I gave her a temple, so I might have inadvertently made her less effective as a scholar.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2015, 11:08:52 am »

Yeah, so far the only thing bothering my wereelephant is that she's lonely for friends and family;
I wonder what would happen if you carved a fortification into her wall. Do dwarves communicate through fortifications?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16