Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 60025 times)

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2015, 03:52:11 pm »

Some needs can't be fulfilled it seems?

I can't fulfill be with friends and family, romance, and be extravagant and cause trouble even though I kicked a bard's teeth in for doing a shitty performance.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2015, 04:02:49 pm »

Some needs can't be fulfilled it seems?

I can't fulfill be with friends and family, romance, and be extravagant and cause trouble even though I kicked a bard's teeth in for doing a shitty performance.

I argued and cause trouble went green so that works, attacking people had the same effect for me.
Extravegent likely means to put on accesries like rings and amulets.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2015, 04:06:20 pm »

I'm gonna need to add quires to Adventurecraft, clearly. I need to find a blank to see how writing works. ;w;

EDIT: Despite being both a novice dancer and a novice singer, my singing is much worse. Is it because I have utterances?

EDIT 2: Next hamlet. Bandits have taken over it, this time they're human, so I can get a bit of recon without them dogpiling me. Whee.

EDIT 3: Disarmed both of them by trading them sling stones in exchange for their weapons.

EDIT 4: Killed them, told a local lady of it. It was inevitable. Told it in story format, my storytelling is ALSO way worse than my dancing. So instead, I say...fuck it. Everybody limbo!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT 5: Hmm. So I can recruit more allies as performers? Let's see how big my dancing militia can get. Soon, we will be a flash mob.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:11:18 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »

Where I can get some instruments for my band?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2015, 05:47:48 pm »

Where I can get some instruments for my band?
I've been looting them off of the many dead goblin bards I've come across, or you can take them from taverns. No one seems to mind.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2015, 05:57:07 pm »

Sadly I don't think you can substitute similar instruments.

And my groupies have pushed a dozen. I wonder how absurd it'll be if I arrange a dance with all of them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2015, 06:22:44 pm »

Something I just discovered.

Tavern barrels can't be refilled if you put your laced vomit drinks into the barrel.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2015, 06:41:37 pm »

So my swordsmaster scholar is now too wounded to hold any weapons. He was already crippled and needed a crutch, but now his hand is damaged too. I finished off the bandits that did it flopping around with my sword, but I think it's time to retire on the massive sum of money I got off those bandits.

But fuck retiring, this is Dwarf Fortress. How should my grizzled old warrior continue his adventures? Storytelling? Book collecting?

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:50 pm »

So my swordsmaster scholar is now too wounded to hold any weapons. He was already crippled and needed a crutch, but now his hand is damaged too. I finished off the bandits that did it flopping around with my sword, but I think it's time to retire on the massive sum of money I got off those bandits.

But fuck retiring, this is Dwarf Fortress. How should my grizzled old warrior continue his adventures? Storytelling? Book collecting?

Write many books about your adventures and litter them throughout the world so nobody can ever forget your adventurer's greatness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2015, 07:36:37 pm »

Something I just discovered.

Tavern barrels can't be refilled if you put your laced vomit drinks into the barrel.

Why... why would you do that?

So among the worlds I got generated, I have 0 libraries. I have gotten a world to year 1680 something because it was entirely evil and only a couple hundred goblins survived. I've had a dragon vampire posing as a deity and entering footraces, despite early losses to a necromancer they had a pretty good record afterwards... being able to fly and burn your opponents is a hell of an advantage, one supposes.

I have no idea how to learn new dances other than randomly inventing new forms.

Mummies are really really prevalent, be careful as fuck any time you go through a tomb, if you see one of the single coffin/slab/bunch of human skeleton rooms... send a companion in first. Got cursed with a semi-buffed goblin dancer so I just led the horde upstairs to fuck everyone else over since my dancing was shit now.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

so uhh Tipi poofed like literally after taking two steps away from the keep and now after a full day has past I found Tipi's husband.
his wife got lost in the crack of space and time. 
oh and here's what I think my dwarf looks like

so far she steps out of a tavern that no where near the area
doesn't react to performances or speeches
warps around the place.
seems chill as hell.

found her husband so now I'm just reminded more of how much I lost her through a time warp. the game saids she still in Town.
this silent place in MauveRoot
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2015, 07:48:17 pm »

Hmm. What should I do with my big old band of groupies? If there was a tower I'd vamp up by toppling a statue, then go raid it and watch the carnage.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2015, 08:09:42 pm »

Go try to breach an HFS Spire.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2015, 08:19:31 pm »

I would pay good money to see that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2015, 08:41:53 pm »

Go try to breach an HFS Spire.

If only I knew how. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31