Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 60012 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2015, 09:20:46 pm »

When clowns get a slab, they make one, then build a dark fortress over them. So basically, penetrate a goblin uberstronghold and you should find one in the deepest part of the dungeons.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2015, 09:23:41 pm »

Oh right. Does it go all the way down, or will I have to engineer a way to breach deeper? >w>

This actually falls right in line with my hearing about an abduction from the resident law-giver. If I can milk some directions out of him...

EDIT: No dice. But I DID get him to immediately agree when I said that law was worthless.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:26:30 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 03, 2015, 09:44:58 pm »

They're supposed to go all the way down, but this is from quite old versions, so I'unno.

Law-Giver seems to be more along the lines of Dictator than Law-Obsessed Guy.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2015, 09:48:25 pm »

It still feels like the sort of primal title that befits a goblin entity more than humans. o3o

Or a civilized goblin entity.

EDIT: I'm finding it very WEIRD that telling people about my dancing is the only way I can find to get THEM to espouse their values, instead of having to be the first to do the espousing.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:39:35 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 04, 2015, 01:01:22 am »

"Join me on my adventures!"
"No"
*Does Truffle Shuffle*
"hey, that sounds like a great idea!!!"
Guess a fat dwarf who can truffle shuffle is all that matters for recruiting others, huh?
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 04, 2015, 01:03:33 am »

Started my first adventure as a puffin man from an elven forest retreat.

♫ Do you know the puffin man, the puffin man, the puffin man...♫

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2015, 01:04:56 am »

Yep. I can't convince them to follow as adventurers, but they're happy to fuck shit up as performers.

I sicced my 14 solders on about 5 goblins that were harassing a town. Got one guy injured during the fight, then someone vanished or died in the process of hunting down the one axegoblin that fled.

I think I should make a tour out of my "pick up solders from mead halls" plan. Visit a mead hall, do the war dance, then recruit all the solders. Rinse and repeat, then go attack a dark fortress. Maybe dance for them if they play nice.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 04, 2015, 03:51:02 am »

You don't even need to do the dance part just mention to them that you perform a REALLY good show and they will agree to join.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 04, 2015, 03:58:50 am »

On the one hand, being able to amass an army without needing to go kill monsters might be seen as overpowered, but on the other hand, it's awesome and, well,
Quote from: Tarn Adams
"We don't do balancing."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

thehman03

• Bay Watcher
  • Some cats just wanna watch the world lag.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 04, 2015, 04:02:34 am »

I've been puttering about for days and i can't seem to find a store or market that sells quires or scrolls, anyone got an idea of where i can find them? thanks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2015, 05:07:52 am »

can you even start with one?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2015, 05:31:26 am »

Only found them randomly in tombs and mead hall junkpiles so far.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 04, 2015, 09:36:22 am »

I remember making a dance duo with a guy who wa really impressed by my skills, and we did some dancing shows. He was really shit, so I punched him, and he kicked the shit out of me, and I ran off and retired the guy, and looked at legends.

It said
"In the spring of 92, Player started a troop with Guy"
"In the spring of 92, Player disbanded the troop with Guy over a violent dispute"

I chuckled
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

ItsJustSam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2015, 10:21:55 am »

Made a new Raven Man adventurer.

Walked into god-knows-where, performed my own poorly written poetry titled "Stumps" gloriously, got my spine broken by some random pikeman (Everyone's a critic.) and argued about the importance of Law as I was bleeding to death.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:23:38 am by ItsJustSam »
Hello!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2015, 11:12:42 am »

You don't even need to do the dance part just mention to them that you perform a REALLY good show and they will agree to join.

In my kobold's case, it seems that mentioning that I danced the funny little kobold dance is the one rumor that most reliably gets them to join me. I can say I did the singing part of it, or mention a few other performances, but those are rarely enough to convince strangers. But say I can dance? Instant followers. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31