Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201766 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1305 on: August 03, 2016, 04:31:34 pm »

Yes, in fact I once added a creature with lightning for blood. It was just renamed fire, basically.

Yes, but the blade attack in the tail sounds like the hardest part.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 03, 2016, 04:37:58 pm »

Two Questions:
1. Would making a creature with gas blood work?

2.so would making cats be made of adamantine, giving them a blade attack with their tail, giving them molten metal blood and adding war training to them be possible or effective?

1 - Sort of yes. that is the template for Iron elementals (deep underground) who have gas for their internal structure so that they are literally just gas underneath. Making it into blood is a little harder because it requires circulation organs with the material properties, and if they get cut they will probably bleed out everywhere faster.

2. Yes, most effective indeed, until the part where they sever your dwarves kneecaps with their cute adamantine ears in friendly head-bumps to your dwarves. Molten blood would likely require them being fire immune to their internal heat, however adamantium should keep them alive since it can withstand lava.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 03, 2016, 05:04:50 pm »

Making it into blood is a little harder because it requires circulation organs with the material properties, and if they get cut they will probably bleed out everywhere faster.
It's not even hard. Just change the state of the blood from liquid to gas. Also, it won't make them bleed out any faster.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 03, 2016, 05:25:09 pm »

Making it into blood is a little harder because it requires circulation organs with the material properties, and if they get cut they will probably bleed out everywhere faster.
It's not even hard. Just change the state of the blood from liquid to gas. Also, it won't make them bleed out any faster.

I assumed it was to being gaseous that it'd all erupt from you at once but then again its not a type of creature i really dabble with.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 03, 2016, 06:38:36 pm »

Okay, now to open several wiki tabs and start screwing with the cat raws.....

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 05, 2016, 01:29:05 am »

Does anyone have the raws for an armor/weapon decoration reaction?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 05, 2016, 06:42:46 am »

Does anyone have the raws for an armor/weapon decoration reaction?

Very basic, but I think this should work once you fill in the blanks.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:<identifier>]
     [NAME:<name>]
     [BUILDING:<BUILDING NAME>:<BUILDING KEY>]
     [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT] <-- (can be adjusted for a more specific target) (for the different armor types you'll need to replace WEAPON with ARMOR, HELM, SHOES, PANTS, or GLOVES)
     [REAGENT:B:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:NONE:NONE] <-- (change to whatever you want to decorate with)
     [IMPROVEMENT:100:1:SPIKES:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE] <-- (the wiki should have info on other decorations)
     [SKILL:<SKILL TOKEN>]
     [CATEGORY:<CATEGORY NAME>] (optional)

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 06, 2016, 08:01:40 am »

I want to add a heart as a reagent of a reaction. Will this work? If not, how to make it work?

[REAGENT:B:1:MEAT:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:HEART]
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 06, 2016, 05:16:13 pm »

I think it would be [REAGENT:B:1:MEAT:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:<creature ID>:HEART]

I don't know if you can generically ask for any heart from any creature, but you can try setting creature ID to NONE. Game might think you're looking for a creature called a NONE, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 06, 2016, 05:24:44 pm »

Also make sure the creature you want the heart from isn't intelligent. Currently, a bug prevents the use of anything originating from intelligent creatures regardless of ethics.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 06, 2016, 07:18:03 pm »

I've noticed if I make a creature have CAN_LEARN it doesn't appear in the screen I usually use for designating I want to train an animal. Is there a way to train intelligent creatures for war and hunting?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 06, 2016, 07:36:41 pm »

I've noticed if I make a creature have CAN_LEARN it doesn't appear in the screen I usually use for designating I want to train an animal. Is there a way to train intelligent creatures for war and hunting?
Intelligent creatures are sort of semi-citizens now. They may eventually apply for citizenship and you can put them into squads and such.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 07, 2016, 02:31:41 am »

If you already own the animal as livestock (such as trolls) they can with [TRAINABLE] be trained in either hunting or war.

Though generally trolls work better (personal backpacks and flasks with no totally necessary requirement for booze is a huge plus, ontop of generally stronger weapon usage for more impractical weapons like morningstars and great axes) in supervised military squads as Teneb points out.

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 10, 2016, 12:29:00 pm »

Is LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES valid on creatures that don't have CAN_LEARN or INTELLIGENT?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 10, 2016, 12:50:23 pm »

Is LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES valid on creatures that don't have CAN_LEARN or INTELLIGENT?

There's nothing saying it isn't. Try it and see if you get any.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 137