Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201754 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1290 on: August 01, 2016, 03:57:51 pm »

So I added [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP] to the dwarf in the entity file with the other weapons but I still can't make whips

Please explain. Whips can only be made out of metal (without modding), and if they are not in the metalsmith forge then i suggest implementing your own reaction to create a whip.

Just for convenience sake it might be worth double checking you put it in the right place also.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 01, 2016, 05:20:07 pm »

So I added [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP] to the dwarf in the entity file with the other weapons but I still can't make whips
Did you generate a new world?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 01, 2016, 05:37:47 pm »

Did you generate a new world?

^^^

That too, highest importance.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 01, 2016, 06:07:22 pm »

So can someone make me a reaction for making whips as I can't make heads or tails of the reaction thing

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 01, 2016, 06:08:00 pm »

be more specific as to what you can't make heads or tails of

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 01, 2016, 09:41:38 pm »

1. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction#Reagents

2. I mean, I don't think you want a reaction for this? What do you want a whip reaction for?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 02, 2016, 10:32:03 am »

1. I've been reading that and still don't know what to put where and how to get it to accept the normal variety of metal types
2.Because I can't make whips even after adding whips to the entity file as an allowed weapon

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 02, 2016, 10:41:26 am »

Ok just to re-iterate some key details of the help being given so far.

> New raw entries (for reactions, entity changes, creature changes, all types) don't take effect in already existing worlds. A entirely new world has to be created and would read off the lists of raws to use, the worlds you are already playing in don't have those changes. The changes are not carried through upon starting a new fortress or changing mode (in case the understanding of 'new world' was lost) you need a entirely new game world.

> Metal whips are made in the metal-smith forge (a workshop that requires a anvil), they should be there if its a allowed entity weapon (check whether you have whips at all for your civ by checking embark weapons, as enabling them on the dwarf entity should make them common and in use) and if not can be made via a reaction but this shouldn't be the case.

Before you make a reaction to make a whip, please check the above two points as you may be doing unnecessary work as per a mis-understanding. Some more detailed information about the processes you are doing would be helpful (such as a copy and paste of what you have been doing/changes you made so far for us to scrutinise and look at to help correct/fix any problems)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 02, 2016, 11:45:02 am »

turns out the world I thought I generated after adding the line was generated before I added the line...

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 02, 2016, 12:10:13 pm »

turns out the world I thought I generated after adding the line was generated before I added the line...

No problem. Its a very common mistake to players new to raw editing, a little embarrassing perhaps but it should all work out as i described on the new world version.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 03, 2016, 10:02:55 am »

What happens if I use a resurrecting interaction on multiple bodyparts of the same creature?
What if I use it on multiple upper bodies of the same creature?
And can a curse cause regional interaction-like freakish weather, like for instance making it rain blood?
the wiki lists multiple IS_SECRET_GOALs, do all of them work and on what conditions?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:08:47 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 03, 2016, 12:29:05 pm »

Anyone knows, in fort mode time, how long it takes between each full moon and the duration of one?

EDIT: Wiki has the transformation dates, so I know the interval, but is the duration noted anywhere? It only says "a few days".
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:31:01 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 03, 2016, 03:15:55 pm »

What happens if I use a resurrecting interaction on multiple bodyparts of the same creature?
What if I use it on multiple upper bodies of the same creature?
It only works on one body part, even if you don't need to use a body part fit for resurrection. In previous versions it would just crash the game. Be thankful.

And can a curse cause regional interaction-like freakish weather, like for instance making it rain blood?
I'm not sure what you mean, but interactions coming from creatures can't cause weather. It says so on the wiki.

the wiki lists multiple IS_SECRET_GOALs, do all of them work and on what conditions?
Only IMMORTALITY works, as far as I know. Sometimes creatures with MAXAGE will seek out gods to get the interaction.

Anyone knows, in fort mode time, how long it takes between each full moon and the duration of one?

EDIT: Wiki has the transformation dates, so I know the interval, but is the duration noted anywhere? It only says "a few days".
Are you talking about how long the creature stays transformed? Only the day of the full moon.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 03, 2016, 04:27:45 pm »

Two Questions:
1. Would making a creature with gas blood work?

2.so would making cats be made of adamantine, giving them a blade attack with their tail, giving them molten metal blood and adding war training to them be possible or effective?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 137