Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201959 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #975 on: May 08, 2016, 11:18:18 pm »

I can't imagine how much devastation that would incur upon your fps or how hot your processor will get trying to handle up to 500 new critters appearing at once. Even if there isn't a real limit to it, I would suggest dialing it back just a little. :P

In what way exactly is it failing to work? Are they not producing any offspring whatsoever?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #976 on: May 09, 2016, 02:45:23 pm »

I can't imagine how much devastation that would incur upon your fps or how hot your processor will get trying to handle up to 500 new critters appearing at once. Even if there isn't a real limit to it, I would suggest dialing it back just a little. :P

In what way exactly is it failing to work? Are they not producing any offspring whatsoever?

They spawn in world creation, but the queens do not produce any offspring after that. Laying eggs and live birth don't work at all.

Here are the raws broken down:

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #977 on: May 10, 2016, 12:53:43 pm »

Since the changes between .42 and .43 are, when it comes to the raws, minimal, I decided to repurpose the thread. The changes, courtesy of Meph.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 10, 2016, 06:30:44 pm »

Going over it by hand, the only thing I see that might cause problems is that the brood mother is intelligent; civilized intelligent females will only breed with their spouse, last time I tried something crazy like this. Males will impregnate any unintelligent female, regardless of relationship. Adding can_speak doesn't prevent mating, but adding can_learn or intelligent will. If you don't get them to marry, they won't reproduce.

This is assuming they're citizens as part of a civilization. As pets I'm not sure.

Might also want to make sure all brood mother's and breeders are strictly heterosexual, 100% interested in committed relationships and not just a dead romance.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 10, 2016, 07:40:34 pm »

Going over it by hand, the only thing I see that might cause problems is that the brood mother is intelligent; civilized intelligent females will only breed with their spouse, last time I tried something crazy like this. Males will impregnate any unintelligent female, regardless of relationship. Adding can_speak doesn't prevent mating, but adding can_learn or intelligent will. If you don't get them to marry, they won't reproduce.

This is assuming they're citizens as part of a civilization. As pets I'm not sure.

Might also want to make sure all brood mother's and breeders are strictly heterosexual, 100% interested in committed relationships and not just a dead romance.

Unfortunately no dice. The breeder is intelligent, and I tried setting commitment chance to 100% but it didn't do anything. I tried removing the mount caste to see if the MOUNT_EXOTIC tag was doing anything, but that had no effect. Changing the amount of babies that the broodmother gives birth to at a time doesn't do anything either.
I don't get why this is happening.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 10, 2016, 08:05:41 pm »

Kobolds are egg-layers that work in worldgen, so start by looking at important differences from kobolds.  Carnivore used to cause serious issues with civilized creatures, but I'm not sure if that is still the case.  There are a couple tags disabled by opening them with parentheses, but those shouldn't be causing breeding issues.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 10, 2016, 09:24:13 pm »

Kobolds are egg-layers that work in worldgen, so start by looking at important differences from kobolds.  Carnivore used to cause serious issues with civilized creatures, but I'm not sure if that is still the case.  There are a couple tags disabled by opening them with parentheses, but those shouldn't be causing breeding issues.

I'm checking in Legends Viewer to see if the broodmother is getting married at all, and it hasn't happened at all with the 20+ saves I've tested. There was one instance where a broodmother actually married with a breeder, but there was no child that she birthed. Orientation is set so that a broodmother and mate always marry. I also tested out the broodmother without her hardened versions, but that had no effect either. Also, another egg-laying entity that I created works perfectly fine and has the population numbers I'm looking for. I don't think that egg-laying has anything to do with my problems atm.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:57:44 pm by thedonkified »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 10, 2016, 10:57:11 pm »

Okay, so what the hell is up with the [APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE] token?

I tried figuring out if I could use it to alter the order of stuff in the description, but it just seems to indicate a cutoff point where it doesn't get mentioned anymore. What's really throwing me off here is how the lower the integer is, the more extreme the property has to be to get displayed. This here:
Code: [Select]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:NOSE]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:25:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:30:60:90:110:150:190]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:muzzle:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:25]

...doesn't display anything between snoot lengths of 29 and 189. What's the pattern here?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:38:51 pm by scamtank »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 11, 2016, 11:49:16 am »

Okay, so what the hell is up with the [APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE] token?

I tried figuring out if I could use it to alter the order of stuff in the description, but it just seems to indicate a cutoff point where it doesn't get mentioned anymore. What's really throwing me off here is how the lower the integer is, the more extreme the property has to be to get displayed. This here:
Code: [Select]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:NOSE]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:25:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:30:60:90:110:150:190]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:muzzle:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:25]

...doesn't display anything between snoot lengths of 29 and 189. What's the pattern here?
The less "important" a trait is, the more extreme it needs to be to be mentioned, which seems intuitive enough.  The actual numbers probably revolve around internal calculations.

Note sure what controls the order, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the order of the bodypart and tissue layer modifiers in the raws.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 11, 2016, 05:26:04 pm »

So, is the CARPENTER the only building available to be built in adventure mode at the moment and there's no way to modify it via raws?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 11, 2016, 06:22:11 pm »

looks like it. though it's possible to give adventurers custom non carpenter workshop reactions but that means building a player fort near an adventurer and walking them to the custom workshop.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 11, 2016, 08:25:16 pm »

So, how the heck do I get my character's abilities up to 5000 and all skills up to legendary 25? without DFhack?

If no help comes with this then I will go back to my plan A, *looks at his shiny vermilion-colored ischronite Drolth sword* I think there are some poor npcs in need of some cleaving in my modded DF 0.42.06. And some music go along for the massacre preparations in DF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB6uzBsg05w
And the ingame tool I'll be using:

Just wasted my time this and my fuse about this short:'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes I'm that desperate and that much annoyed over this that right now I have to stop what I'm doing before blowing that fuse. *does the hulk roar from the final scene in 'The Incredible Hulk 2008'*
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 11, 2016, 08:54:44 pm »

Are there circumstances that would cause two creatures to marry but not bear children?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 11, 2016, 09:12:28 pm »

So, how the heck do I get my character's abilities up to 5000 and all skills up to legendary 25? without DFhack?

Adventurer-only reactions for each skill that produces a ton of stacked junk that you can instantly just toss, I guess.

Skill gain from a reaction is based on the amount produced, if I remember correctly.

Are there circumstances that would cause two creatures to marry but not bear children?

Both creatures are the same gender, or one has been affected by an interaction/syndrome that renders one of them sterile.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 11, 2016, 11:29:05 pm »

Posting to Fob-watch.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 137