Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201605 times)

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #525 on: February 17, 2016, 08:48:02 pm »

Is it possible to make a healing spell interaction for a creature without it being a form of polymorph healing?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 17, 2016, 09:24:42 pm »

No. Transformation is the only way to fully heal or to regrow limbs.

The closest you could get would be an interaction that greatly increases recuperation rate.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #527 on: February 18, 2016, 08:26:15 am »

Alright, I have some interactions carried over from 40.xx but they no longer seem to work properly, can anyone tell me what I should change so they work again?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, the mind blast spell is supposed to cause immediate unconsciousness out of pain, followed by dizziness, but that no longer does anything, it neither causes pain nor dizziness. The "bind limbs" spell is supposed to cause numbness and a decrease in agility and speed - the stat decreases work as they should, but not the numbness. I'm not sure how to go about fixing either.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 19, 2016, 07:38:14 am »

Can you actually chain types like that? I would try defining the BP targets individually, one for each type. Otherwise, you could always just use BP:BY_TYPE:ALL:ALL.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2016, 10:18:45 am »

Can you actually chain types like that? I would try defining the BP targets individually, one for each type. Otherwise, you could always just use BP:BY_TYPE:ALL:ALL.

It worked fine in 40.xx regarding the type chains - don't know if it's the same in this version. Regardless I changed it to what you typed in and it still doesn't work, unfortunately.

EDIT: I defined the BP targets individually, and while mind blast now causes pain as it should, it still doesn't cause dizziness, and bind limbs still doesn't cause numbness.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:35:08 am by ZM5 »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 19, 2016, 02:12:53 pm »

um... I was trying to make armok and instead of taking over dwarven civs like I hoped, armok made his own civilization. and the civilization was in dark fortresses. and the armokian civ was ruled by a demon. does anyone know what I could have done wrong?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 19, 2016, 03:04:21 pm »

Could you show us the modded raws?

Did you make an Armok entity by accident?

You said that you created Armok by copying the dwarf raws, did you change the creature ID? If you did not, it may cause duplicated raws, which can make the game behave quite oddly.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #532 on: February 19, 2016, 05:52:40 pm »

I'm wondering right now - would the [IE_IMMEDIATE] be partially responsible for the interactions not working as they should and omitting certain symptoms?

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 19, 2016, 09:05:11 pm »

My interaction for my Seraphim race isn't working, even though it should, for all intents and purposes, function as intended. Really confused right about now. I even tried copying and editing the Werebeast interaction to see if that'd work when I replaced the creature body transformation and added in the ability to target someone with it, but...

Interaction:

Can do interaction:

In Arena Mode it shows up as 'unknown interaction' and does nothing, and in the error log it also says it's an unrecognized interaction.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 19, 2016, 09:12:28 pm »

Is the interaction in the quote the entire file? If so, you are missing the header, which goes above [OBJECT:INTERACTION], like in every other file. This is typically the file's name.

It also needs the correct file name structure, which for interactions would be "interaction_X" where X is whatever you want to call the file. All files must follow this naming structure for the game to recognize them properly.

Also, last I checked, and it may have changed since then, creatures typically won't use targeted interactions on others while fleeing. Though they may still target themselves, if the interaction's permitted target type allows it.

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 19, 2016, 09:18:02 pm »

Is the interaction in the quote the entire file? If so, you are missing the header, which goes above [OBJECT:INTERACTION], like in every other file. This is typically the file's name.

It also needs the correct file name structure, which for interactions would be "interaction_X" where X is whatever you want to call the file. All files must follow this naming structure for the game to recognize them properly.

Also, last I checked, and it may have changed since then, creatures typically won't use targeted interactions on others while fleeing. Though they may still target themselves, if the interaction's permitted target type allows it.
I added in interaction_heal above [OBJECT:INTERACTION], but it's still listed as unknown.

This is what the error log says:
Interaction Token not recognized : SERAPHHEAL
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:24:37 pm by SwedishLemon »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 19, 2016, 09:28:35 pm »

^ Mind you, it should be two lines above the [OBJECT:INTERACTION], and the header must be the same name as the file. Any different and it won't register.

Code: [Select]
interaction_heal

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

Also, as long as your CDI goes into the creature, you don't need to define the line [CDI:INTERACTION:SERAPHHEAL], which is only required when working with CDI syndromes.
If it does not go into your creature and is a result of the CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION syndrome instead, then it should use the relevant syndrome token in the place of [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:SERAPHHEAL].

ZM5 - Can't think of anything else really, apart from the fact that your numbness and dizziness both have RESISTABLE. This means that a unit with high Disease Resistance can just shrug off your effects, so maybe you'd want to try removing that and bumping up the SEV to see whether that's a reason the syndrome effect doesn't register.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:32:13 pm by Bearskie »

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 19, 2016, 09:43:02 pm »

^ Mind you, it should be two lines above the [OBJECT:INTERACTION], and the header must be the same name as the file. Any different and it won't register.

Code: [Select]
interaction_heal

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

Also, as long as your CDI goes into the creature, you don't need to define the line [CDI:INTERACTION:SERAPHHEAL], which is only required when working with CDI syndromes.
If it does not go into your creature and is a result of the CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION syndrome instead, then it should use the relevant syndrome token in the place of [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:SERAPHHEAL].
Still unknown. i removed [CDI:INTERACTION:SERAPHHEAL], I added interaction_heal two lines above [OBJECT:INTERACTION] in the interaction_heal file, and I've tried changing it to an attack.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 20, 2016, 01:16:32 am »

the first clause there is untrue

also, make sure it's on raw/objects, not raw/interaction examples, that's an example folder, not the raw folder

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 20, 2016, 09:51:56 am »

Why is it that the HUMANOID_JOINTS body part isn't enough to allow for wrestlers to break arms through holds and the like? What changes would need to be made for that to take effect?

Also -- how does one figure out what tissue is being called by ARG# in body detail plans?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:54:33 am by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 137