Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201619 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #540 on: February 20, 2016, 11:08:34 am »

Does anyone know what the PROFESSION_NAME argument for blowgunners is? It's not BLOWGUNNER nor BLOWGUN

EDIT: Nevermind, I was just looking at the wrong pages at the wiki. For the record, it is BLOWGUNMAN

EDIT 2: I might as well post this here since I have been at this bug for a while without any idea as to what is the problem.

*** Error(s) finalizing the creature FLAYERKIN
FLAYERKIN:DEFAULT:right weapon: No tissue thickness
FLAYERKIN:DEFAULT:left weapon: No tissue thickness

Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Body (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Body Detail Plan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tissue Template (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:48:14 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 20, 2016, 01:45:50 pm »

You didn't actually tell the game to apply the weapon tissue. Try adding this under your tissue definition:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:WEAPON:WEAPON]

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 20, 2016, 01:58:37 pm »

You'll have to forgive me, because I know it must have been asked before, but the wiki didn't make this clear to me: If I create a new kind of armor piece, do I have to do anything with the entity file to make sure that it's available to dwarven civilizations?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 20, 2016, 02:01:17 pm »

You didn't actually tell the game to apply the weapon tissue. Try adding this under your tissue definition:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:WEAPON:WEAPON]
You have my greatest thanks. I would've never thought of it.

You'll have to forgive me, because I know it must have been asked before, but the wiki didn't make this clear to me: If I create a new kind of armor piece, do I have to do anything with the entity file to make sure that it's available to dwarven civilizations?
Yes. Go to the entity file. You'll see a few tokens like [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:COMMON]. You want to add yours in this style. ARMOR tells the game you are adding an armour to the entity. The first argument is the item itself, and the second is how common it is. COMMON should ensure it always appears.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 20, 2016, 02:03:53 pm »

Yes. Go to the entity file. You'll see a few tokens like [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:COMMON]. You want to add yours in this style. ARMOR tells the game you are adding an armour to the entity. The first argument is the item itself, and the second is how common it is. COMMON should ensure it always appears.
Thank you. Time to give everyone mail coifs...

Related questions: I've modded mittens and chausses to be made from mail instead of leather or fabric. Will the game know to make them in pairs?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:18:12 pm by cochramd »

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 20, 2016, 09:58:55 pm »

Does anyone knows if Dark Fortresses can be placed in worlds without the bottom layer (and with 0 demons)?

Related questions: I've modded mittens and chausses to be made from mail instead of leather or fabric. Will the game know to make them in pairs?
There is, I think, a token in the item itself that allows for that behaviour, so yes.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 20, 2016, 10:20:42 pm »

Does anyone knows if Dark Fortresses can be placed in worlds without the bottom layer (and with 0 demons)?
I have no idea what determines that, but I once made them the default site of the elves, and as far as I could tell, there were neither any spires nor any "unique" demons.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 20, 2016, 11:42:16 pm »

^ Mind you, it should be two lines above the [OBJECT:INTERACTION], and the header must be the same name as the file. Any different and it won't register.

the first clause there is untrue

also, make sure it's on raw/objects, not raw/interaction examples, that's an example folder, not the raw folder
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It works now! Thanks!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 21, 2016, 07:46:38 am »

Why is it that the HUMANOID_JOINTS body part isn't enough to allow for wrestlers to break arms through holds and the like? What changes would need to be made for that to take effect?

Also -- how does one figure out what tissue is being called by ARG# in body detail plans?

Can ignore this. I need to learn to read Toady's comments before asking questions.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:39:58 am by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 21, 2016, 08:40:29 am »

That's decided on a per-creature basis. The line that's like [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE] first calls the plan and then plonks out in order what the ARG1-5 are going to stand for.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 21, 2016, 11:00:40 am »

There is, I think, a token in the item itself that allows for that behaviour, so yes.
That's the thing, I can't find any such token in the item files. The token has to be somewhere (if I had to guess it's tied to the fact that these items are of the glove and shoe types), but I don't know where so I guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed that it's someplace where the game will pick it up now that they're made of mail.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 21, 2016, 11:47:56 am »

That's the thing, I can't find any such token in the item files. The token has to be somewhere (if I had to guess it's tied to the fact that these items are of the glove and shoe types), but I don't know where so I guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed that it's someplace where the game will pick it up now that they're made of mail.
Pretty sure gloves and shoes are just automatically made in pairs, there's no special token needed.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 21, 2016, 11:58:53 am »

Hey,
Is there a token to target items with a wear level in reactions? I tried to make a reaction that uses clothing and produces slurry or sheets but I haven´t found a good way to target them. The items don´t take a REACTION_CLASS and the only other way I see is to make a seperate reaction for every piece of clothing (robe,toga,...). That would result in a lot of micromanaging.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 21, 2016, 12:11:13 pm »

Pretty sure gloves and shoes are just automatically made in pairs, there's no special token needed.
My bad then. I forgot defining them as gloves/shoes automatically make them be made in pairs.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 21, 2016, 06:42:44 pm »

Hey,
Is there a token to target items with a wear level in reactions? I tried to make a reaction that uses clothing and produces slurry or sheets but I haven´t found a good way to target them. The items don´t take a REACTION_CLASS and the only other way I see is to make a seperate reaction for every piece of clothing (robe,toga,...). That would result in a lot of micromanaging.

There isn't. Stockpile acrobatics are the best tools we have.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 137