Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201617 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #555 on: February 22, 2016, 09:48:51 pm »

Hey,
Is there a token to target items with a wear level in reactions? I tried to make a reaction that uses clothing and produces slurry or sheets but I haven´t found a good way to target them. The items don´t take a REACTION_CLASS and the only other way I see is to make a seperate reaction for every piece of clothing (robe,toga,...). That would result in a lot of micromanaging.
There isn't. Stockpile acrobatics are the best tools we have.
Remember, though: we now can do categories for the interactions. I can't remember if nestled categories are possible or not, but if so you can have a category that holds a bunch of other categories, one for each slot, each with the reactions. If we can't nestle categories, just ignore the first bit. There aren't many types items in the RAWs anyway.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 22, 2016, 09:52:33 pm »

You can have categories within categories. Just remember to mark which category goes in which with [CATEGORY_PARENT:X]

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 22, 2016, 11:53:43 pm »

can values be changed with interactions? or just personality

Also, how would I use interactions to change the speed of a creature? does the creature speed one still work?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:21:14 am by Starmantis »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 23, 2016, 01:24:32 am »

can values be changed with interactions? or just personality

Also, how would I use interactions to change the speed of a creature? does the creature speed one still work?

1. TBH, I've never tried. It may actually be possible.

2. CE_SPEED_CHANGE still works.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 23, 2016, 09:18:00 am »

Just to confirm, if an armor has the [SOFT] token, the only way to avoid that armor generating in both plant fiber and animal fiber, is to remove [USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS] from the entity file, yes?

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 23, 2016, 10:43:10 am »

When I use a BODY_TRANSFORMATION Syndrom to change the caste of a creature and the new caste has different attributes, do they get rerolled based on the new range?
I have a dwarf-caste with STRENGTH
Code: [Select]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]  ++.
But after changing from standard dwarf to the new caste, dwarf therapist shows attributes as low as 268. Could it be a error in DT or is there another way to check the values of the attributes in the savefile?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 23, 2016, 12:02:40 pm »

Back in .34.11, I made a creature that could set itself on fire harmlessly.  I did it by accident without really knowing what I was doing, and I've been trying to recreate the effect in the current version with little success.  My idea was to give a creature a coating of slime with a low ignition point and no heatdam_point, so it would ignite and then burn for an arbitrarily long time.  An innate reaction would release a separate material that should ignite this coating, since this material's temperature would be above the ignition temperature of the coating.

I once managed to get the creature to the point where going into magma would ignite the coating (or the tissue underneath), but the creature would then be unable to move without using "move carefully", it would fall over every step, and its teeth would become "mangled beyond recognition".  The teeth thing I understand, but why did its movement change?

Is there something that would prevent a liquid coating from catching fire?  Changing the flammable coating to a powder seemed to allow it to burn, but only by taking a dip in magma.

I seem to recall the Arena being colder than normal game temperatures, which may be preventing the ignition reaction from working properly.  Even so, shouldn't a TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW of a material with MELTING_POINT:14000 and BOILING_POINT:15000 be hot enough to ignite a powder coating with an IGNITE_POINT:10200?

The original creature from .34.11 had its entire body made of a feather material with MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10067, which secreted the above powder.  The same powder, released as a TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW, would ignite its entire body but do no damage.  Am I completely missing the mark, and the powder coating actually has nothing to do with it?  It would make sense that it was actually only the feathers that were catching fire.  Does the fixed temp have anything to do with it?

The original creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't have the new creature's raws available, but I can post them when I get home.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 23, 2016, 01:58:20 pm »

Could someone do some science on how personality change interactions work? Im wondering if it continuously drains personality or would change personality then go back to normal after the syndrome ends, im not the best at science and not sure how I would actually test this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 23, 2016, 02:14:48 pm »

it's definitely 100% the latter

you may notice that alcohol already changes personality and sober dwarves do not have the personality changes intact

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 23, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »

How do you prevent certain trap comps from showing up on the embark screen in wood materials? None of the components in question have wood tags (they only have tags for metal), but they are still available in wood.

Example (Rubble template code):
Code: [Select]
{!SHARED_ITEM;TRAPCOMP;ITEM_TRAPCOMP_MECHANICAL_ARM;
[NAME:arm:arms]
[ADJECTIVE:mechanical]
[SIZE:500]
[HITS:1]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
[METAL]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20:200:punch:punches:NO_SUB:1000]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
}{!ITEM_CLASS;ADDON_HOOK_PLAYABLE}
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #565 on: February 24, 2016, 10:18:20 am »

Can't think of anything else really, apart from the fact that your numbness and dizziness both have RESISTABLE. This means that a unit with high Disease Resistance can just shrug off your effects, so maybe you'd want to try removing that and bumping up the SEV to see whether that's a reason the syndrome effect doesn't register.

That actually worked - thanks!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 24, 2016, 12:38:01 pm »

Where can i find a list of the facial and physical description combinations?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 24, 2016, 08:00:04 pm »

Where can i find a list of the facial and physical description combinations?

The string dump is your best bet. The one on the wiki is a little old, but the structures you're after are even older.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 26, 2016, 08:51:42 am »

Has anything changed in custom workshops entries compared with .34 ? Can those be just copied to .42 ?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 26, 2016, 09:13:40 am »

building_custom.txt hasn't changed at all, if that's what you mean. Go hog wild.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 137