Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108521 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 2: Under Siege
« Reply #720 on: March 09, 2016, 03:48:59 am »

Jehane settles her crossbow securely against her shoulder, sighting down the bolt as she aims at the wererat.

To the others, she replies "Sorry, I don't have any fire magic or flasks of oil. I can summon monsters to help slow them down while we deal with the swarms. As for taking the bastard alive, we'll see about that. Everyone back inside, he's not going to like this!"

Jehane raises her voice in a shout "Congratulations, you can count beyond your own fingers! Too bad your mother knew too many men to tell you which one was your father!"

Jehane fires her crossbow at the wererat.

((I'm jumping the gun, I know, but honestly this wererat was getting on her nerves, and this way she can be appropriately snarky.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if I crit on the crossbow bolt, but I expect I won't hit.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:51:14 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 09, 2016, 03:55:12 am »

((We can hit the wererat from here? In that case...))

Arioch keeps the remarks along after Jehane's.

"You know, mate, magic isn't my only weapon. And you're mistaken if you think we don't have expendable people who can survive the disease. Do you honestly think we don't have the means to combat it after all this time that has passed?"

Shoot the wererat as well.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:57:12 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 09, 2016, 05:23:21 am »

Move back so I'm not in immediate danger, then throw a dagger at 'im!
((I take it my intimidate didn't work?))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:04:11 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 09, 2016, 01:30:06 pm »

Jehane settles her crossbow securely against her shoulder, sighting down the bolt as she aims at the wererat.

To the others, she replies "Sorry, I don't have any fire magic or flasks of oil. I can summon monsters to help slow them down while we deal with the swarms. As for taking the bastard alive, we'll see about that. Everyone back inside, he's not going to like this!"

Jehane raises her voice in a shout "Congratulations, you can count beyond your own fingers! Too bad your mother knew too many men to tell you which one was your father!"

Jehane fires her crossbow at the wererat.

((I'm jumping the gun, I know, but honestly this wererat was getting on her nerves, and this way she can be appropriately snarky.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if I crit on the crossbow bolt, but I expect I won't hit.))
((We can hit the wererat from here? In that case...))

Arioch keeps the remarks along after Jehane's.

"You know, mate, magic isn't my only weapon. And you're mistaken if you think we don't have expendable people who can survive the disease. Do you honestly think we don't have the means to combat it after all this time that has passed?"

Shoot the wererat as well.
Martijn sees him get really upset over Jehane's comment.

You'd have to shove Martijn out of the way or knock down the rocks blocking the entrance to do so. Varg decides to do decide for you as he goes hybrid and attempts to hurl the boulder like a Saxorn man would heft logs for sport ((aka how scotsmen pick up logs and throw them)). (CRIT) He roars as loud as possible and hefts the boulder, hurling it towards the sound of the voice. The wererat stands in shock as a boulder about his height flies towards him. You hear a crunching noise as it drops, making a loud crunching and cracking noise as it shatters on impact, not getting far enough to hit the wererat but harming the swarm enough that it scatters and regroups to a 10ft swarm.

You and Arioch fire your crossbows and Martijn throws a dagger as you have a clear shot now. (Jehane) (CRIT) (Arioch) (10+1) (Martijn) (14+4) Arioch watches the wererat move out of the way from the dust and sand that flew up, but Jehane fires her bolt and lodges itself in his chest, piercing a vital organ as he immediatley coughs up blood, dealing (7*2) damage. Martijn, noticing an opening from the rock surprising him, throw his dagger and strikes him in the shoulder, burning his shoulder from the silver dagger, dealing ((good god, martijn continues to do max damage)) (4+2+6) damage. The silver changes him back to human form and the wounds kill him. The swarms start to move in as you hear loud squeaking, dropping in from the ceiling and landing on Varg and Martijn. They both take (2) damage (Fortitude) (7-1) Martijn feels sick as the rats bite him, and he takes (2) con and dex damage. Martijn looks awful, as he has only 4hp left. Varg (?) also looks sick as well, taking (2) con and dex damage as well.

"Martijn, get out of here!"

Kylie begins her turn on the new initiative order and casts entangle again, this time, there seems to be a mixture of moss and small bushes that are on the beach, clinging onto the dire rats. (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) All of them, except D3, D6, and D9 are entangled!

D3 moves up slowly from the bramble and the plants try to grab him again. It fails and is grabbed again.

Swarm 3 moves in, attacking at Varg and Martijn. They deal (1) damage to the two of you.

D7 is stuck and tries to break free, and fails.

D9 moves up and is wrapped up by the bramble.

Varg pushes Martijn away. (CRIT vs Martijn's CMD doesn't matter) He deftly launches you back 10ft and in front of Arioch.

Martijn begins his turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 09, 2016, 01:38:38 pm »

Martijn goes back as far as possible, staggering on his way. Eventually, he can't go any further and stands leaning against the cave wall for support, panting.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 09, 2016, 01:43:09 pm »

"Well done, brother!

Varg, get out of the way!"

((Jehane did crit  :P))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 09, 2016, 01:59:40 pm »

Martijn goes back as far as possible, staggering on his way. Eventually, he can't go any further and stands leaning against the cave wall for support, panting.
You fall back. Guards seem to be putting rags in flasks of lantern oil that they were carrying.

Swarms 1 and 2 move up.

Mauricio begins his turn and moves back and heals Martijn for (7+1) hp, healing him to his full value of 6hp ((con damage sucks...))

Swarm 5 moves in, continuing to rip apart Varg! He's looking hury but keeps fighting, slashing at them with an opportunity attack, striking them and dealing (7) damage

D4 and D5 try to break free, and D5 succeeds, moving up as if unimpeded as he CRITS his check.

Ritiki begins his turn!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 09, 2016, 02:02:16 pm »

((I think we need to help Varg....))

As he straightens, breathing deeply, Martijn nods gratefully at the husk of Mauricio. As he turns, though, he sees Varg's situation and pales, shouting Get back Varg! You can't take them all!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 02:05:16 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 09, 2016, 02:35:21 pm »

Play the song of my people!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 09, 2016, 03:00:03 pm »

Play the song of my people!
You do so. It is a nice tune.

D1 struggles to break free and fails!

Swarm 4 moves in.

Dire rat 8 struggles as well! It also fails!

James Jehane begins his her turn!

EDIT:
((I can't believe I'm still not used to putting Jehane and "her"...))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 09, 2016, 03:28:12 pm »

((Can I take a five foot step, grab Varg and pull him out of the swarms? Also.... Bwahahaha!

Jehane will have something snarky to say when I post her actions.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 09, 2016, 03:32:25 pm »

((Can I take a five foot step, grab Varg and pull him out of the swarms? Also.... Bwahahaha!

Jehane will have something snarky to say when I post her actions.))
((You can do it))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 09, 2016, 03:46:16 pm »

Jehane lets out a wild laugh as first she punches one of the wererat's lungs out, and then Martijn finishes him with a well thrown dagger.

"Sorry, we won't get much useful information out of him, but we did confirm that wererats need their organs to stay internal!"

She steps forward and grabs Varg to drag him bodily out of the rat swarms, yelling "More fire would be good now!"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 09, 2016, 03:58:27 pm »

Once they move out of the way Arioch immediately casts grease on the swarms at the entrance.

"So about that fire..."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 09, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »

Jehane lets out a wild laugh as first she punches one of the wererat's lungs out, and then Martijn finishes him with a well thrown dagger.

"Sorry, we won't get much useful information out of him, but we did confirm that wererats need their organs to stay internal!"

She steps forward and grabs Varg to drag him bodily out of the rat swarms, yelling "More fire would be good now!"
Varg lets you pull him back. However, you're in the swarm now, and you take (1) damage (Fortitude) (19+2) but you don't feel sick.

D6 moves up slowly and tries to avoid being entangled but fails to do so.

D2 tries to break free but fails.

Ewan takes a fighting pose and begins punching the swarm before him. He shouts as he strikes three times at them, with all three punches landing, dealing (19) damage total. The rats disperse, and Jehane is finally out of the swarm.

Arioch begins his turn!

EDIT:
((Ninja'd))

Once they move out of the way Arioch immediately casts grease on the swarms at the entrance.

"So about that fire..."
((Perfect timing))
You cast grease again.

Kylie snatches a torch out of the hands of the woodcutter and hurls it at the grease. Her target hits its mark, igniting the grease in a large inferno. The rats swarms take (10) fire damage, severely burning the swarms, but they still stand save for D5, who burns up.

D3 tries to break out and fails

Swarm 3 moves in to swallow Jehane. She takes (1) damage and (FUMBLE) gets very very sick as she takes (3) con and dex damage.

D7 tries ti break free and fails.

D9 tries to break free and succeeds, scurrying away from the fire!

Varg swings his axe at the swarm, cutting them and dealing (11) damage, causing the swarm to disperse.

Martijn begins his turn.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 86