Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108497 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2016, 04:09:02 pm »

By Desna's will it will be so.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 21, 2016, 01:55:11 pm »

Back at the caves...
James enjoys the sensation of waking up on solid land, enjoying a leisurely stretch before getting cleaned up for the day. After putting away his grooming kit, he finishes getting his armor on and straps on his weapons. Stepping outside with the others, he makes a face at the clouds rolling in from the ocean. "I think we're in for some rain. Ah well, nothing to do for it."

Looking to those traveling, James raises a hand in farewell "Safe trip, Varg, and good luck with the negotiations."

Back inside the caves, James deputizes a few of the refugees to consolidate the water supplies. If there's enough for everyone and the animals for the day, he considers it good enough. If it's short, he spends some time casting Create Water on the empty barrels.

((He can create 2 gallons per 6 seconds, so 20 per minute. The pathfinder SRD says that 1 gallon per person per day is enough, so it shouldn't take that long to create enough water.))

Once done with his chore, he goes and finds Mauricio and Kylie "I'd like to see if we can find an easy path to the top of those cliffs so we can set some people to watch for things coming our direction. Kylie, is this something your Roc can help us with?"
Kylie shakes her head.

"Vethr isn't strong enough to carry me. He only helps me go farther distances. If Ritiki didn't wander off, we could have Vethr carry him up there. He'd be alone, however...

If you think you can climb up, I'll be glad to give you a hand."

"I see. I am glad to know that you will at least give it thought. As for the precious metals, that would mean a trade agreement. Unfortunately until we settle down that will not be possible. Thanks to the map of the land it should happen faster. Once we settle down I am sure that Ritiki here can settle the details on the trading. If you wish you can lay down the foundations for it with him now.

As for weapons that hurt them... I apologize Ulf, however we know what might hurt them, as you might imagine that is why your people fled in the first place. I am hoping that it will not come to it though, as right now survival of all of us is the utmost priority. We will listen to your advice and will avoid fighting them as much as we can, though I personally will see to it that we try to reason it out first."

Arioch stands up and offers his hand for a handshake.

"A gesture of agreement and cooperation from our lands. Until a written form is viable to be made this will have to suffice. We are not affiliated with any country or group and as such act independently. Others who are supported will come though. By Tyr's hand let's hope we have enough time."
"Then I wish you luck on your endeavor. I will show you the way."

He firmly takes your hand and shakes it. He has a strong grip despite being old.

He leads you outside and towards the woods on the opposite end of the village. There are a lot of broken and torn apart logs and branches as you go there.

"Follow the trail. They are bulky and create trails as they go. You will find them swiftly enough.

Do you have any questions before you leave?"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 21, 2016, 03:16:03 pm »

James eyes the cliff critically for the best location to climb, and to guess how high the cliff is.

"I have a good fifty feet of silk rope, if there's a point low enough that that's useful after a loop is tied in it, and... Vethr, is it? Can drop the loop securely around something firm, I can give it a try."

((Perception check for the easiest place to climb and how high we're talking about here))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 21, 2016, 07:23:49 pm »

Mauricio presumably assists James in creating enough water for the group. It is one of the many abilities they can do after all. Afterwards they follow everyone the cliff and ponder how to scale it.

"That could work. I do have a grappling hook in my pack if it could be of some use. Perhaps it would be easier for the Roc to use it instead of a loop of rope? It would give the bird a broader range of targets, or the rope could be looped around a tree and secured with the hook."

Mauricio assists James in this task. Together they should have an easier time searching for the best places to climb.

"The alternative is, of course, to circle around the cliffs to find some other point to scale it. Who knows how long that might take?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 22, 2016, 03:13:09 am »

"I have no questions remaining. Be safe, Ulf, Varg. I have a bad feeling ahead."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 22, 2016, 02:38:34 pm »

Ritiki bowed again.

"With luck, Master Varg, we will return with good news."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 22, 2016, 02:47:43 pm »

Martijn nods in agreement with Ritki.

((Shall we go?))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 22, 2016, 02:48:35 pm »

((Onward towards werecritters!
Also, if we have to run someone will have to carry me :P ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2016, 03:34:23 pm »

((Maybe we should go back first and take the others since there's no reason for them to scout if we get the map from Ulf? I was hoping this would be a peaceful delegation, however one does wonder whether it will be.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2016, 03:40:30 pm »

((Probably not the best idea.
For one thing, Ulf brought us to the opposite end of the village. We'd have to cut back through in order to go back, which won't make a good impression. We could try to sneak around the village, but if we're caught we look like we're running away and that's even worse.
Secondly, these dudes are werecritters and we don't have many (any?) weapons to effectively fight them with. Even bringing the entire party along might not make a difference if things turn violent.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2016, 04:06:17 pm »

((Honestly, if it does get to a fight, the best tactics are probably to get behind a friendly werecritter and buff or support him in whatever ways are possible.

*edit* did some reading, and damage reduction in pathfinder doesn't block energy damage, so things like burning hands or regular fire (torches) will still deal energy damage.

Now granted, I don't want to try to beat a werewolf to death with a torch, but its theoretically possible.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:11:56 pm by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2016, 05:05:43 pm »

((So our lives are likely hanging by the word of my tongue? Lovely.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to bring Martijn.  :P))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 1: Diplomacy and Survival
« Reply #342 on: January 25, 2016, 10:34:30 pm »

CHAPTER 1: DIPLOMACY & SURVIVAL

"And whoever reigns these cliffs, did not defeat the wind"

-Tyr

James eyes the cliff critically for the best location to climb, and to guess how high the cliff is.

"I have a good fifty feet of silk rope, if there's a point low enough that that's useful after a loop is tied in it, and... Vethr, is it? Can drop the loop securely around something firm, I can give it a try."

((Perception check for the easiest place to climb and how high we're talking about here))

Mauricio presumably assists James in creating enough water for the group. It is one of the many abilities they can do after all. Afterwards they follow everyone the cliff and ponder how to scale it.

"That could work. I do have a grappling hook in my pack if it could be of some use. Perhaps it would be easier for the Roc to use it instead of a loop of rope? It would give the bird a broader range of targets, or the rope could be looped around a tree and secured with the hook."

Mauricio assists James in this task. Together they should have an easier time searching for the best places to climb.

"The alternative is, of course, to circle around the cliffs to find some other point to scale it. Who knows how long that might take?"
The two of you see there is a few trees close to the top. Kylie nods, whispers something to Vethr, and gives Vethr the rope and he flies up and after a minute, flies down.

Giving it a tug, its quite secure. (18+0) (15-1) (?) The three of you start to climb with James going first, Mauricio second, and Kylie third. Mauricio stumbles a bit but makes it up, and the other two make it up with little to no hassle. At the top, you can see quite far off into the distance and see the trees up here are more sparse here. You get a good look off into the distance and can now get a good look towards the cliffside that was impassable.

Looking around, Kylie (?) mentions there doesn't seem to be much in terms of tracks up here. Looking off the cliffsides (14+4) (19+6) (?) Mauricio spots what looks like a familiar ship very far out at sea. However, the sails look damaged, but it is still heading towards the coastline. However, looking at it, it seems that if they don't use their oars and continue, they will crash into the cliff.

There are three ways to go from up here: following the coast towards the impassable cliff face, following back down the way towards where the others went, or heading deeper inland.

"I have no questions remaining. Be safe, Ulf, Varg. I have a bad feeling ahead."
Ritiki bowed again.

"With luck, Master Varg, we will return with good news."
He nods and then pauses for a moment before handing you what looks like poorly made stone knives.

"It may not be as reliable as your weapons, but these could help if things go bad. We don't have many of these, and they break after a while.

I pray to the gods that you never have use for them."

The party receives 5 shoddily made stone(?) daggers ((Divide them as you will))

Heading down the trail, you can tell these Earth-Shakers must really have earned their name. You progress along and see the path grow wider in the very thick brush, revealing that you are now heading along the main trail of theirs now. After an hour or so, you hear trees crashing and the roar of a bear. Taking a few steps farther down the road, you see a hulking man clad in pelts walk down the path dragging a huge log that looks torn apart by claw marks. This man stands an easy 6' tall, just a bit taller than Martijn, and has a more bulky build than the Red-Moon men, but his face seems flatter. He sniffs the air and snorts as he notices you and drops the huge log, making a crashing noise against the ground.

He snorts and takes a step towards you.

"You don't look like Red-Moons, but I faintly smell them on you. Identify yourself! Why do you step in Earth-Shaker territory!?"

((Sorry its been so long for me to post. I haven't stopped working, things are stressing out, and class has been taking a lot of time out of my schedule to post here. Today is my first day off in almost a week. I'm hoping to post more often now that some stressful shit has finally passed, but now its just having the time to deal with this))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:56:07 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 25, 2016, 10:46:21 pm »

"We are the messengers of a new clan visiting these lands. We enter these lands in search for the Earth-Shakers in order to give vital information for the future of these lands and if possible, discuss them."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 25, 2016, 10:59:52 pm »

((Hey, no worries highmax. Hope things start working out better for you!))

((This is before meeting the Earth-Shaker))
Detect Magic on the daggers. Attempt any relevant Knowledge checks as well.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 86