Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108466 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Prologue: Arrival
« Reply #315 on: January 16, 2016, 11:07:31 am »

((Get on with it!))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2016, 11:32:38 am »

((James does use his last Cure Light Wounds to finish healing up before sleep, if we go to the next day/night encounter))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 16, 2016, 12:19:12 pm »

((It will go to the next day))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 16, 2016, 01:11:11 pm »

((Nothing for Ritiki to do except spend some time with the family before turning in for the night.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2016, 07:39:20 pm »

((Given the silence, I assume that no one else has any more business...))

James finishes up his cleaning, with the odd chicken walking in and startling him (animals have no respect for privacy...). After the dissection and the mushroom studies, the meat is butchered up, though it seems difficult to store so much food in a cave...

After a few hours (specifically, an hour after James finishes his business and the dissection is completed), Ewan pokes his head out to find Kylie and Martijn cuddling under the moonlight, not saying much. He calls to you two to return as it is getting late. You both get up and head inside.

Since the place is safe and well hidden, there isn't much need for a watch over the night. Ewan keeps to the entrance regardless.

The party awakens as you hear the sound of low thunder echo through the cave. Martijn awakes to Kylie snuggling up to him.

Ewan gathers Arioch, Martijn, Ritiki and Varg, leaving James, Mauricio and Kylie to do as they wish. The weather is very cloudy with the odd sound of thunder every now and then.

Varg seems to be looking in much better shape now, having regained some of the blood he lost the day before. He leads you down towards the marshes again, but there seems to be a lack of the blood suckers. Varg starts to walk into the waters but then realizes that the rest of you probably wouldn't want to do so and gets out, leading you the long way around. On the other side, you walk into the woods, which aren't as thick as the woods with the badgers.

Rain starts to fall lightly with the odd clap of thunder echoing in the distance. You press on, and as the rain starts to get heavier, you finally make it to a clearing of sorts. The small village is VERY primitive, with most of the houses being a bunch of sticks with furs and hides covering it. Varg walks in, a big grin on his face as he has made it back home to live another day. One man waves to him and shouts to the others, and he runs up and gives them a hug, and given the appearance, you guess this one to be his brother. More people show up and are joyous, and then they see the party. Then an older man carrying a staff approaches you with Varg close by. Despite his signs of age, he looks physically fit.

"I can guess fully enough that you are responsible for Varg's safe return. When he did not return home yesterday, everyone thought he had passed. His brother was the most shaken up of us all.

I am Ulf, the Elder of the Red-Moon clan."

He bows similarly to how Varg did when he introduced himself to Martijn.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2016, 08:00:15 pm »

Ritiki removed his hat in order to bow, before placing it back on his head. It was needed to keep the rain off.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2016, 01:59:13 am »

Arioch returns the bow with as much respect he can. He respected age outside of the cunning nobility as well.

"Greetings, Ulf, Elder of the Red-Blood moon. My name is Arioch. We come as a delegation to discuss certain matters that will very soon concern these lands and very likely your clan. However I understand the need to consult with your clansman Varg before such proceedings continue and would ask for permission to stay until you are ready, old one."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2016, 03:29:34 am »

Back at the caves...
James enjoys the sensation of waking up on solid land, enjoying a leisurely stretch before getting cleaned up for the day. After putting away his grooming kit, he finishes getting his armor on and straps on his weapons. Stepping outside with the others, he makes a face at the clouds rolling in from the ocean. "I think we're in for some rain. Ah well, nothing to do for it."

Looking to those traveling, James raises a hand in farewell "Safe trip, Varg, and good luck with the negotiations."

Back inside the caves, James deputizes a few of the refugees to consolidate the water supplies. If there's enough for everyone and the animals for the day, he considers it good enough. If it's short, he spends some time casting Create Water on the empty barrels.

((He can create 2 gallons per 6 seconds, so 20 per minute. The pathfinder SRD says that 1 gallon per person per day is enough, so it shouldn't take that long to create enough water.))

Once done with his chore, he goes and finds Mauricio and Kylie "I'd like to see if we can find an easy path to the top of those cliffs so we can set some people to watch for things coming our direction. Kylie, is this something your Roc can help us with?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2016, 10:40:10 am »

Arioch returns the bow with as much respect he can. He respected age outside of the cunning nobility as well.

"Greetings, Ulf, Elder of the Red-Blood moon. My name is Arioch. We come as a delegation to discuss certain matters that will very soon concern these lands and very likely your clan. However I understand the need to consult with your clansman Varg before such proceedings continue and would ask for permission to stay until you are ready, old one."
Ewan bows with Ritiki. He takes a backseat for this and lets Arioch do the talking.

"Ewan O'Reiley at your service"

"I understand. Come, we will sit and talk."

He leads your group to the biggest shelter and you enter. The flap that opens it up seems a lot heavier than it looks. Varg and Ulf sit down on the ground, which appears to be a fur bottom, and the party does so in kind. Its dark in here, but there is enough light in here to see enough.

"So. What clan do you belong to?"

Ewan shakes his head.

"We don't have a name for our group as of yet. We hail from many different places, and come from many different families. We came to escape wars that were taking place in our homelands."

"This one here saved my life." Varg says as he points to Martijn. "And their people are... Different... They have come across the ocean as our ancestors did. They are true to their word, and they are honorable."

"Is that so, Varg? Well, as a thank you, I will be sure you receive the same hospitality you have shown Varg.

Now, what are these matters you wish to discuss?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 19, 2016, 10:44:17 am »

When Martijn is pointed at, he inclines his head to the elder and flashes a companionable grin at Varg. Other than that, he looks around the tent as he waits for his brother to speak.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2016, 10:52:11 am »

Arioch takes a deep breath before continuing.

"We are exiles, just as your people once were. We are inclined to cooperate with the natives of these lands for survival, however more of us will come and most will not be as we are. There will come thousands of people who might want to exterminate your kind at any cost. From what I understand, you do not posses ample enough defense and knowledge. Martijn, would you please show him one of your daggers?"

Once Martijn shows him his dagger, Arioch continues.

"We are not threatening you, Ulf. If you send us away we will go and seek other alliances if any can be found. I do hope that we can come to a mutual agreement of cooperation and help in sight of the coming future events. I believe that Varg will provide information as to our nature as we seem to be different."

Arioch looks Ulf in the eye and after a moment continues speaking.

"I will not lie, old one. I hope that eventually our clans can merge to be able to better withstand the new invaders that will surely come. The likelihood of them not coming is zero. But for now I believe that an alliance and trade agreement would benefit us both until we are settled."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2016, 10:56:07 am »

Martijn starts, then reluctantly hands over his blade, muttering about killing a huge badger for it.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2016, 12:31:09 pm »

Martijn starts, then reluctantly hands over his blade, muttering about killing a huge badger for it.
You pull out the dagger. You realize you forgot to clean it off, but Ulf laughs.

"I see you haven't cleaned your dagger after slaying two of the giant creatures."

"I see... I have never seen this type of stone before. It shines like water when the sun hits it... If this is what you offer in trade are those metals, we will offer you the two things we can: service, and information.

However, the Red-Moon clan as a whole is in peril. We have very little people left of our clan. I will discuss with the others on your offer to merge, but I do not think it will be possible until you have settled somewhere. I would suggest your clan stays with us, but our enemies know where we are. I do not wish to put your clan into danger for our faults.

I would prefer to make peace with them, but they will not reason with us. If what you say is true, then it may be best to unify the clans before they are wiped out. I ask that you go and speak to them, and see if they will listen to reason. The Earth-Shaker clan is the one who attacks us often. They normally left us alone for generations, but not they are hostile. I don't know why they turned against us, but I ask that since you do not look like our kind, that you do this for us. If you do, I can offer you this: it is a map of some of the surrounding areas, some of which your clan will find suitable places to settle."

He pulls out a piece of thick bark with etchings on it from behind him. He also sniffs the air

"I also cannot tell what form you take. With you coming where are ancestors came, I can see that you are not like us. Take caution if you are forced into fighting them. Your weapons will not hurt them. If things turn sour, I suggest you flee; leave fighting them to us."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2016, 01:40:12 pm »

"I see. I am glad to know that you will at least give it thought. As for the precious metals, that would mean a trade agreement. Unfortunately until we settle down that will not be possible. Thanks to the map of the land it should happen faster. Once we settle down I am sure that Ritiki here can settle the details on the trading. If you wish you can lay down the foundations for it with him now.

As for weapons that hurt them... I apologize Ulf, however we know what might hurt them, as you might imagine that is why your people fled in the first place. I am hoping that it will not come to it though, as right now survival of all of us is the utmost priority. We will listen to your advice and will avoid fighting them as much as we can, though I personally will see to it that we try to reason it out first."

Arioch stands up and offers his hand for a handshake.

"A gesture of agreement and cooperation from our lands. Until a written form is viable to be made this will have to suffice. We are not affiliated with any country or group and as such act independently. Others who are supported will come though. By Tyr's hand let's hope we have enough time."
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86