Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this thread become the new European Politics thread?

Yes, we need one anyway.
- 17 (21.8%)
No, we should take that elsewhere and keep this thread as-is.
- 27 (34.6%)
I don't care, let's see what happens.
- 34 (43.6%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49

Author Topic: The Paris Attacks  (Read 58201 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Paris Attacks
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 05:13:54 am »

They can be converted. Not to christianity, christianity is dead. To secularism. We need to increase the availability of booze, and strippers
Saudi Arabia has both and it's the birthplace of wahhabism. Europe has both too in more abundance, isn't doing much there either.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 05:29:55 am »

Seriously the Islamic religion itself isn't the problem here.

It would be like blaming an entire countries economic problem on a Abrahamic religion

The Terrorist cells preach a 100% bastardized version of Islam... It would be like saying that the KKK are the proto-typical catholics.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 05:36:32 am »

Seriously the Islamic religion itself isn't the problem here.

It would be like blaming an entire countries economic problem on a Abrahamic religion

The Terrorist cells preach a 100% bastardized version of Islam... It would be like saying that the KKK are the proto-typical catholics.

The KKK are protestant, you're thinking of the IRA.

EDIT:
And all of them preach a less bastardized version of Abrahamic religion than most. Have you ever read the old testament? Flip to any page and you'll find tyranny and/or atrocities.

EDIT:
There may be redeeming qualities in the Koran or the New Testament or the Talmud or the personal beliefs of the faiths' followers or the religions as they are generally practiced in modern times, but the Old Testament is the pillar upon which all the Abrahamic religions are founded, and - with the exception of parts of Ecclesiastes - it is rotten to its core
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:48:46 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 05:46:26 am »

-snip-
Read the OP or stay out of here. Go look at the EU thread to see why I'm thin-skinned about this.

Same goes for you, Bohandas. Take your antitheism boner elsewhere - this is neither the time nor the place for that shit.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 06:02:59 am »

They can be converted. Not to christianity, christianity is dead. To secularism. We need to increase the availability of booze, and strippers
Saudi Arabia has both and it's the birthplace of wahhabism. Europe has both too in more abundance, isn't doing much there either.

Wahhabism borned in times, when there was lack of booze and strippers.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2015, 06:14:01 am »

In some areas that comparison falls short

Wahhabism borned in times, when there was lack of booze and strippers.
There's never been a time in the world without booze and strippers. Except maybe in the Faroe Islands and Antarctica.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2015, 06:20:06 am »

Before clothing was invented stripping was impossible

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2015, 06:29:52 am »

I wonder what new legislation in the name of security will be introduced after this? Not just in France, across Europe. Well, the snooper's charter is doubtless going to go through now.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 06:46:53 am »

I wonder what new legislation in the name of security will be introduced after this? Not just in France, across Europe. Well, the snooper's charter is doubtless going to go through now.
France has done some stuff in regards to searching homes and weapon confiscation amongst other things. I guess it'll end when the state of emergency is over, though it could form a model for future expansions to security legal power.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2015, 06:47:04 am »

Goddamn this shit's insane. It's like a French 9/11.
One order of magnitude less people killed than 9/11.

I mean, we in Russia have had terrorists kill similar numbers of people multiple times, including twice as many people in a single teract and nobody cries 9/11 at them.

In fact, there were people (like Owlbread) claiming that Russian FSB has organized some of these terror acts themselves! Isn't that just beautiful?
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2015, 07:04:52 am »

Goddamn this shit's insane. It's like a French 9/11.
One order of magnitude less people killed than 9/11.
I mean, we in Russia have had terrorists kill similar numbers of people multiple times, including twice as many people in a single teract and nobody cries 9/11 at them.
In fact, there were people (like Owlbread) claiming that Russian FSB has organized some of these terror acts themselves! Isn't that just beautiful?
Fixed broken link
Also what Joshua means it is a big kick to the bum that the French are not used to even in lieu of the last attacks - the severity was of an order of magnitude higher. As for sympathies, well, it's for geopolitical reasons that when a plane full of Russians is blown up it's Russia's fault for intervening
Don't take it personally when people accuse the FSB of false flagging, it's justified paranoia since the West and East alike have had a tendency to use terrorist attacks to expand state power

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2015, 07:11:14 am »

I predict that America will probably use it as a platform to allow Mickey Mouse to take control of the internet... and mass spying on American Citizens.

One of which is already being put through legislation... and the other they already attempted, were found out, and to my knowledge they are doing it anyway.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2015, 07:20:22 am »

Well the links between the FSB and the Russian bombings have been widely reported by the mainstream press. I myself saw them on mainstream TV news reports in Australia.

What's without a doubt is that FSB agents were caught planting a bomb in the bottom of an apartment building, then the government claimed it was merely a training exercise. The bombings were Putins cassus belli to invade Chechnya. And that was the launchpad for Putin to become the president. (Putin himself was the head of the FSB before becoming prime minister). There was an investigation into exactly why the FSB would be planting the same bombs they're supposed to be preventing, but it was blocked by the duma and several of the people assigned to the investigation were apparently assassinated.

I mean, this is THE FUCKING KGB we are talking about. Don't give me that "but they wouldn't do something so horrible to fellow Russians" bullshit. It's the KGB no matter what you change their name to !!! They do bad shit to their fellow Russians, that's what the KGB does, it's pretty much their entire reason for existence.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:23:10 am by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 07:26:48 am »

And here we see the hypocrisy of Euro-Americans. Terrorism in Russia = it's all their own damn fault. Terrorism in first-world country = "I am Charlie" etc.

See this is why I can't actually display any pity for the victims of Paris terror attack. I would if I could, but I simply can't, because I know that if the same thing happened in Russia, the reactions would be so, so much different, you would have thought that Russians were not actually humans if you only read the English media.

This is why I support Putin in his militarization against the West (yes, wrong term, sue me).

This is why there will never be honest peace between Russia and Europe/USA.
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 07:29:08 am »

You sound like an Iraqi Saddam supporter. Putin is basically on Saddam's level.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49