Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this thread become the new European Politics thread?

Yes, we need one anyway.
- 17 (21.8%)
No, we should take that elsewhere and keep this thread as-is.
- 27 (34.6%)
I don't care, let's see what happens.
- 34 (43.6%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49

Author Topic: The Paris Attacks  (Read 58187 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: The Paris Attacks
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2015, 12:04:59 am »

People told me this Friday the Thirteenth was going to be bad, but I don't think they expected this precise brand of bad.
NYTimes seems decent. Le Monde, if you speak French. For German speakers, Die Zeit has a live blog.

E: NYTimes overview. They also have a live blog of some kind.
Related: The NY Times is providing free coverage of the attacks, so don't worry (if you are the type to) that you will face a paywall.

I'm desperately curious to find out more about the attackers. I heard that no slogans were shouted, so clearly there's something interesting going on. The level of organization is also unsettling. However it's a late hour in France, and I hear news reports in France have started cycling interviews, so I don't expect too much news at this hour.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 12:09:34 am »

Besides, Friday the 13th is seen by superstitious people to be unlucky, so, of course those that believe in the susperstition say that it'll be bad.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 12:18:19 am »

I'm desperately curious to find out more about the attackers. I heard that no slogans were shouted, so clearly there's something interesting going on. The level of organization is also unsettling. However it's a late hour in France, and I hear news reports in France have started cycling interviews, so I don't expect too much news at this hour.
Yeah it's 5am, as for slogans

“This is because of all the harm done by Hollande to Muslims all over the world,” one of the gunmen yelled in French. He was referring to François Hollande, the president of France.
http://www.nytimes.com/live/paris-attacks-live-updates/this-is-because-of-all-the-harm-done-by-hollande-to-muslims/
"This is for Syria," one of the Paris attackers reportedly said.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11995227/Paris-shooting-Many-feared-dead-live.html
Also Allahu Akbars

Also guys have something new
President Xi Jinping says he's willing to join France in combating terrorism. China is willing.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 12:57:11 am »

Man send the entire Chinese army to deal with Syria. I mean deal with all factions at once. Shit gets fixed in like one day.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 01:55:06 am »

Goddamn this shit's insane. It's like a French 9/11.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 03:02:14 am »

I'm gonna pin ISIL for this one as well, they've got the kind of coordination necessary to do this. Al-Queda's modern operations are more lone wolves who were trained in Al-Queda camps doing their own thing and they mainly focus on Afghanistan. The only other group that could really pull this off is Al-Nusra, and they've got their hands tied not being fucked by ISIL, Assad and the rest of the rebels (FAKEEDIT: also their hateboner is more concerning Russia than anyone else rn).

I have a feeling that if ISIL did this we'll see a social media post soon claiming responsibility for the attacks.

Praying for those people who died. Praying also for those refugees who might be harmed or killed because of french retaliation. IIRC the French never held Muslim people in high regard, and this incident isn't going to help anything.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 03:16:24 am »

Euronews is also good source for the news (mostly for EU people).
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 03:35:33 am »

Praying for those people who died. Praying also for those refugees who might be harmed or killed because of french retaliation.

Don't forget to pray for the eternal damnation of the attackers.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 03:39:49 am »

Man send the entire Chinese army to deal with Syria. I mean deal with all factions at once. Shit gets fixed in like one day.
Well the PLA has done counterterrorism training with India recently. I doubt it though. And tasking the PLA with "dealing" with Syria would be great for removing all of Syria's problems if it did not simultaneously remove Syria from the map

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2015, 04:13:01 am »

Now I'm happy for the first time that I live in shit country where no economic immigrants want to go.

I'm very skeptical about the Paris attacks affecting the prevalent mood about immigrants. At most it will make the politicians tattle about how we need to be more tolerant and accepting and nothing will change. The cat is already out of the bag, the Islam is already here to stay, this kind of thing will be happening more often and this is the destiny that your politicians have chosen for you with their uncontrolled immigration.

There is nothing you can do in western Europe to stop the march of Islam, but to be more and more tolerant and hope that you will be unnoticed. If you are white or christian, you will be slowly assimilated and bred out of your country. This is natural progress, the conqueror destroys the conquered.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 04:30:34 am »

On BBC one of the French police were talking about how they expected these attacks to become more common and there wasn't much else they could do that they weren't already doing, which is still at least something running smoothish. Europe is in for some joyous times ahead, people will lose their heads...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 04:55:29 am »

There is nothing you can do in western Europe to stop the march of Islam, but to be more and more tolerant and hope that you will be unnoticed. If you are white or christian, you will be slowly assimilated and bred out of your country. This is natural progress, the conqueror destroys the conquered.

From what I've gathered a large factor as to why Islam is "The fastest growing religion" has more to do with population growth then conversion. It isn't even by assimilation but rather because they have larger families in their home countries.

By the by the Conquered often destroys the conqueror.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 04:57:38 am »

Now I'm happy for the first time that I live in shit country where no economic immigrants want to go.

I'm very skeptical about the Paris attacks affecting the prevalent mood about immigrants. At most it will make the politicians tattle about how we need to be more tolerant and accepting and nothing will change. The cat is already out of the bag, the Islam is already here to stay, this kind of thing will be happening more often and this is the destiny that your politicians have chosen for you with their uncontrolled immigration.

They can be converted. Not to christianity, christianity is dead. To secularism. We need to increase the availability of booze, and strippers
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 05:00:30 am »

They can be converted. Not to christianity, christianity is dead. To secularism. We need to increase the availability of booze, and strippers

Secularism isn't a religion.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 05:02:58 am »

Secularism isn't a religion.

I think I'd have got complaints if I said "deprogrammed" instead of "converted"
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49