Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51401 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 3; Bloody Rooms
« Reply #480 on: January 01, 2016, 08:05:24 pm »

What does everyone else think of OSG's stance?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 01, 2016, 10:06:35 pm »

Okay, just looked through flabort's posts, didn't notice any questions for OSG. Considering that he claimed to have a null read on him, the only player that's the case for, why are you not pressuring him?
Ah. Sorry, I didn't mean to miss this; it just didn't look like a question directed at me.

Yeah, there's something I've been forgetting to do. I've just been so busy between my Christmas gifts and convincing the players that you are not to be trusted any further than you trust me, that I really haven't had the time to come up with a decent case against OSG or Fallacy.

I do have to say, Fallacy does feel a little suspicious; unless you've been bussing him, though, I doubt his appeals to experience are going to be much of an issue (Re: "That's why I've been town reading you, Hector", "Now THAT'S how you do an attack! I wish I could do an attack like that"). It's more of a novice town thing than the things you've been reading Saber as novice town for.

So... case against OSG... their ability claimed, allows them to see the Clone Lord, and any other alignments that might not have started out as town. Seems legit enough, nobody counter-claiming, and just powerful enough, when combined with Chromatic Wasp, to equal one cop. Except split between two people, to increase it's power over the increased power of a cult. Balance wise, it's perfect; a genius move by Deus Asmoth. Almost too perfect... basically, to determine whether or not OSG should be a suspect, specifically a suspect over my current top suspect Saber or even over FoU, we need to determine whether or not it's a fake claim. Which... is nearly impossible, if it is a fake claim they did a bang-up job of picking who they allegedly targeted.

So.... on to this.
What does everyone else think of OSG's stance?
The fact that it comes down to opinion? Well... yes. At this point, we are all disregarding whatever we don't agree with, whatever is irrelevant to our own opinions. Something new is required to breath any sort of new life into the conversation, or else we're all going to sit here in a stalemate. Which means either Saber needs to come back and comment on everything he can, or we'll need to pick someone to lynch right now and then shorten.

And I promise, I'm not putting it off any more. If we don't lynch Saber, I will kill him tonight.
If we do lynch Saber, then who I go after depends on his flip. If it's town, probably Fallacy. If it's clone-lord, Hector. If it's converted-clone, then I guess I should kill either Hector or Fallacy. If he's a third party... well, that depends on which third party, but I'd probably go after OSG because in all other scenarios I'm killing Hector or Fallacy.

On the other hand, if we lynch OSG and he flips clone lord or clone, I'm killing Hector instead of Saber.

So... we have three more days to decide, should we lynch Saber, OSG, or Fallacy. I'm leaning... Saber, but on the chance that he's cult, I really want to find out what happens if we lynch OSG now. Call it... scientific curiosity. I'm keeping my vote on Saber for now, though.

OSG Which would you rather, for town's best chance at winning. We lynch you and I go after Saber or Hector depending on your flip, or we lynch Saber and I go after Hector or FoU depending on his flip? Or, third option, we lynch FoU and I kill Saber no matter what. What, in your opinion, would lead to the best outcome for town? Consider all these possibilities as to whether I am fake-claiming my role or telling the truth, and make your choice.

Fallacy Same question. Considering what I have said who I will kill in each case, who do you think I should kill.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 01, 2016, 10:07:21 pm »

EBWOP: Last line in the post: I should Kill we should lynch.
The Cyan Menace

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 01, 2016, 10:34:17 pm »

I think that the best option is to lynch FoU and then if he's not the clone lord, you kill Saber tooth. If he is the clone lord, then I guess it would be up to you to decide whether to kill Hector or Saber tooth.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 01, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »

I think, at least before a shorten decision is made, we should allow Saber to weigh in on proceedings so far. Can't let the n00bs think we care not what they think :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 01, 2016, 10:44:21 pm »

continually calling him a n00b is not going to encourage him to post.
also, it is kind of freaky being called a veteran player all of a sudden. I haven't even been here a whole year yet.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 01, 2016, 10:52:34 pm »

continually calling him a n00b is not going to encourage him to post.
also, it is kind of freaky being called a veteran player all of a sudden. I haven't even been here a whole year yet.
I still feel that way about being called a vet.
The Cyan Menace

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 01, 2016, 11:01:31 pm »

As you argue, the sky is filled with light. It seems that the defence turrets are firing at something again, but a fuel drone wouldn't be able to survive such a sustained barrage- it must be one of the Guardians trying to get aboard. For a while it seems like they're making progress towards the airlock before a blast strikes them square in the chest and they fall out of sight.

Votecount:
SaberToothTiger (2): flabort, FallacyOfUrist
FallacyofUrist (2): SaberToothTiger, origamiscienceguy
origamiscienceguy (1): hector13

Day has been extended. It ends Monday 4th of January at 1800 GMT.
[/quote]
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 02, 2016, 03:52:11 pm »

OSG Which would you rather, for town's best chance at winning. We lynch you and I go after Saber or Hector depending on your flip, or we lynch Saber and I go after Hector or FoU depending on his flip? Or, third option, we lynch FoU and I kill Saber no matter what. What, in your opinion, would lead to the best outcome for town? Consider all these possibilities as to whether I am fake-claiming my role or telling the truth, and make your choice.

Fallacy Same question. Considering what I have said who I will kill in each case, who do you think we should lynch.
I have some trouble understanding this question.
Also, for some reason you didn't consider Hector a valid lynch target?
Could you please restate the question for my improved comprehension?

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 02, 2016, 08:52:52 pm »

Unvote

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 02, 2016, 11:27:25 pm »

Fallacy Same question. Considering what I have said who I will kill in each case, who do you think we should lynch.
I have some trouble understanding this question.
Also, for some reason you didn't consider Hector a valid lynch target?
Could you please restate the question for my improved comprehension?
Which would be better for the town:
[]We lynch OSG and I kill Saber or Hector based on OSG's flip
[]We lynch Saber, and I kill Hector or FoU based on Saber's flip
[]We lynch FoU and I kill Saber no matter what
Both from the perspective of me being motivated by being town and motivated by being a SK.

Hector is definitely the convert, so while it would be advantageous to get rid of him, we need to kill the Clone Lord, and that's why Hector's not an option.
The Cyan Menace

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 02, 2016, 11:30:19 pm »

What makes you so sure I'm the convert?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 02, 2016, 11:44:18 pm »

Which would be better for the town:
[]We lynch OSG and I kill Saber or Hector based on OSG's flip
[]We lynch Saber, and I kill Hector or FoU based on Saber's flip
[]We lynch FoU and I kill Saber no matter what
Both from the perspective of me being motivated by being town and motivated by being a SK.

Hector is definitely the convert, so while it would be advantageous to get rid of him, we need to kill the Clone Lord, and that's why Hector's not an option.
Okay. Thank you.
"Both from the perspective of me being motivated by town and motivated by being an SK."
I don't quite understand this bit either, though I'm still going to try to answer your question...

Forgive me if I don't consider 3 to be a valid option.
So lynch OSG or Saber, then follow up on that by killing someone else based on the flip. OSG(absent for most of the early-to-mid game, claims hector was originally town and thus cannot be the Clone Lord) or TigerDude(absent for the later game more, possibly explained by Christmas, but has been rather scummy, defended by Hector when I attacked him, and vice versa?).

Now although I'm pretty sure there are more options available to us rather than just those three(for instance, lynch Saber, shoot OSG, or perhaps, lynch OSG, then shoot me(don't)), you asked me to say which I think would be better for town.
To answer- despite the risk to me(I don't particularly(or at all) want to be shot), I would go with number 2("We lynch Saber, and I kill Hector or FoU based on Saber's flip").
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 02, 2016, 11:46:02 pm »

What were you hoping to get from asking those two that question, flabort?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 02, 2016, 11:46:52 pm »

Also, FoU, why do you think that's the better option for town?

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38