Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51390 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 3; Bloody Rooms
« Reply #465 on: January 01, 2016, 01:10:37 pm »

Okay, just looked through flabort's posts, didn't notice any questions for OSG. Considering that he claimed to have a null read on him, the only player that's the case for, why are you not pressuring him?

OSG also vote me early D3, and then claimed I was town... Why vote for me knowing I'm not the CL?

PFP, hurried analysis is poor analysis, so more later. I want FoU and Saber to look at flabort's posts, if they have time,nspecifically regarding OSG.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2016, 01:20:33 pm »

I haven't pressured Flabort because I think that he is telling the truth about having a night kill. And even if he is a cereal killer, he is on our team, at least for this round.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2016, 04:51:49 pm »

I haven't pressured Flabort because I think that he is telling the truth about having a night kill. And even if he is a cereal killer, he is on our team, at least for this round.

There was another question directed at you, answer that one instead. Flabort looks more scummy from the lack of pressure on you than you do for the lack of pressure on him.

Lack of continued pressure on anyone, on the other hand... bothersome. 'specially considering the piggybacking on my case on FoU.

So let's Unvote

Until OSG satisfies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 01, 2016, 05:50:12 pm »

... perhaps, consider the possibility he's not noob town, he's noob CL?
But of course, you're not going to do that, because you're his minion(likely so, anyway).

Could also be I don't put much stock in activity as a reliable scum-read, too.
Who said lurkiness/activity was why we're scum reading him?
I for one am seeing that he's only reacting, and not doing any scum-hunting, as a veritable fountain of scum tells.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 01, 2016, 05:59:07 pm »

I was torn between voting for Sabertooth and FoU. Nobody else seems to be the clone lord to me. Sabertooth isn't active enough for me to get any questions out of him. It was Hector's points about FoU, specifically the one about him being jailed night 1 which convinced me that FoU was moe likely to be the Clone lord than Sabetooth.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 01, 2016, 06:07:19 pm »

... perhaps, consider the possibility he's not noob town, he's noob CL?
But of course, you're not going to do that, because you're his minion(likely so, anyway).

Could also be I don't put much stock in activity as a reliable scum-read, too.
Who said lurkiness/activity was why we're scum reading him?
I for one am seeing that he's only reacting, and not doing any scum-hunting, as a veritable fountain of scum tells.

Aye, it's his first game, allegedly.

Were you on the ball, asking absolutely insightful questions revealing scum everywhere you turned, or were you overwhelmed by the scale of the task ahead of you, didn't really know how to ask a good question and were paranoid that everyone that asked you a question was scum trying to lynch you? I know which one I was, hence the gut-read.

Well done on ignoring my question, though. Plus one in the scuminess column for you.

PPE: OSG, you know you need to pick between them during LYLO. You also know that someone being jailed also stops others acting acting upon them, though I missed that too. You haven't really done much questioning yourself, piggy-backing on FoU's logic while voting Saber, and my logic while voting FoU.

Still not saying why you voted me, knowing I wasn't the CL.

Why doesn't flabort seem like CL to you?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 01, 2016, 06:09:02 pm »

When did I vote you?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 01, 2016, 06:22:51 pm »

Aye, it's his first game, allegedly.

Were you on the ball, asking absolutely insightful questions revealing scum everywhere you turned, or were you overwhelmed by the scale of the task ahead of you, didn't really know how to ask a good question and were paranoid that everyone that asked you a question was scum trying to lynch you? I know which one I was, hence the gut-read.

Well done on ignoring my question, though. Plus one in the scuminess column for you.

Question? Lemme look... OK, in all your posts between my last two, I don't see a question directed at me. So... how is it ignoring a question when you haven't asked one?

In my first game on Bay12... hmm. No, I didn't ask insightful questions, I was used to a different mafia meta, so I was jumping on every bandwagon there was, making nonsensical accusations ("Tiruin for voting me!", "TDS for being an acronym!", "MyOwnWorstEnemy, that's my favorite karaoke song, so... town!"), I was roleplaying rather than asking questions, and taking the whole thing as rather a joke. I was quite shocked when someone stopped me in my tracks and explained the seriousness of the game, but never overwhelmed or paranoid... paranoia didn't kick in until game 3, by which point I had started to get an OK grasp of the whole thing, so there never was really a point where I would say I was overwhelmed. You might say my nooby experience was a bit nonstandard, which has lead to me slightly nonstandard style of play/meta.

When did I vote you?
here
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 01, 2016, 06:27:58 pm »

flabort: Reply #465, first paragraph.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 01, 2016, 07:17:08 pm »

I thought that there might have been a godfather CL to make the game more fair. After some thinking, though, I realized that that would make my role completely useless. So I decided that that wasn't the case.

Flabort doesn't seem like the CL because a Clone lord with a night kill would be too OP. And I don't think that he is claiming for his convert either since the oddly specific of having a 1 shot immunity. He couldn't have copied that from his convert because then he wouldn't have been able to convert them, and I don't think he would have come up with a detail like that on his own.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 01, 2016, 07:26:44 pm »

... actually, he could have been able to convert the killer if he tried to hit the vigilante/serial killer two nights in a row.
That does seem somewhat unlikely, though, because of flabort's experience- I don't think he would risk wasting his conversion by trying to convert someone after it failed the first time as a result of some sort of immunity.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 01, 2016, 07:33:06 pm »

OSG, re: flabort's Machiavellian tendencies: Oh really? Remember NQT's mafia game last year, in which flabort abused the inflate skill to basically win the game for his team?

He's also a self-confessed sneaky bastard. It's not a difficult lie to make up. Doesn't immunity to conversion seem a bit OP, seeing as it's the only thing the CL can (presumably) do? Equally so, his convert can pass this information on. Another thing being it's D3: perhaps he's the CL realizing immunity must mean a super-useful PR for town that he doesn't want them to have, so went after them again to take it away from us?

You seem to be quite passive right now OSG, happy to accept the first thing that comes to mind or that someone says. You don't seem to want to attack anyone yourself, to avoid drawing attention to yourself... what's that all about?

You say you suspect FoU and Saber, why aren't you pressuring them with questions? D3 is going to be ~10 days long. Do you honestly have nothing to add, being one of the most experienced players?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 01, 2016, 07:34:51 pm »

10 more days long? I- how?
Good, sure, but that's going to hurt my poor brain...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 01, 2016, 07:38:23 pm »

It ends Monday. Started last week at some point. That's around 10 days :P

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 01, 2016, 08:00:20 pm »

At this point, I really can't think of anything else to say. I think we have laid out every possibility that exists and it comes down to opinion. I am not accepting everything people say, only the ones I agree with. Do you not accept something you agree with just because it wasn't your idea? You are right that I should be questioning them, but in all honesty, I can't think of anything to ask them that would potentially change my opinion since it is currently based around the game situation and not around what either of them said.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38