Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51598 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops.
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2015, 11:15:24 pm »

I'm looking forward to your analysis of Day 1 through hindsight. Is there anything you would have done differently?
There's not much I would have done differently, beyond more activity and more scum hunting.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones: In Space... Line?
« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2015, 11:34:15 pm »

It takes a while to gather up the pieces of TheDarkStar and get them into the airlock, but with the other doors not responding it's the only way to get rid of the smell. Once TheDarkStar has been properly laid to rest and some air freshener has been sprayed everywhere, you can get back to accusing each other of being evil.

Votecount:
SaberToothTiger (2): hector13, flabort
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 2; The Earth Shattering Kaboom!
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2015, 11:57:34 pm »

Let's see what I can do with the time I currently have available...
Current target: SaberToothTiger. There's clearly some stuffs against him, and I want to see what I can see about him and whether or not I should take him down with my vote.

Don't think I've forgotten about you, fillipk.

Megggas: I decided to start playing mafia because it might be fun and enlightening. Why did you? Why are you trying to put attention onto me?
SaberTooth: the implication being that you don't want attention on yourself. Why not, brah?
First of all, there's this.
You can probably see the problem with SaberToothTiger's reply(which is an example of how RVS questions can lead to good answers).
Of course, that could just be a manifestation of noobiness.

Oh, and here's his reply:

SaberTooth: the implication being that you don't want attention on yourself. Why not, brah?
I do not want attention because lynch happy players like you might just get excited and kill a town for no apparent reason.
... TOWN SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO DIE IF NEED BE. Of course, one should always try to fight of a lynch on oneself whether you be town or cult/scum/serial killer/whatever bad for town, but preemptive warding- really? Draw the attention to yourself, then do your work in your defense. Confrontations are good for town.
And guess what- this looks rather non-confrontational.

SabertoothTiger is this your first game of mafia? of bay12 mafia?
Please. Why are you voting to lynch somebody without a real reason? I think you are hoping to get a kill early on, so that being cult is easier for you.
For later use against fillipk. A little bit of good from SaberToothTiger.

From there... SaberTooth goes after fillipk- which I commend him for...

Hm. It seems I am fucking up spectacularly.

*snip*

Frankly, I think that you and DarkStar are cult.

He is lurking heavily and you have already shown that you know a lil' too much about the game mechanics to be trustworthy for now. tntey hasn't posted much at all either, so he is suspicious too. All in all, I'll be keeping my vote on you for now.

Ninja'ed.
I don't know anything about the game mechanics and apparently my theory was wrong.  Sabertooth, why did you think I knew stuff about the game mechanics, did I get the clone lord's powers right?  Are you the clone lord?
Lel @ that last one. As of now, your replies to my accussations, summed up, were pretty much just lashing out going "No, you!". While I don't actually really think you're cult that much, you are acting very suspiciously. I am quite sure you are just trying to *not* get lynched, but as of now you haven't given me much reason to trust you. I said that you know too much about the game mechanics and by that I meant that you seem to take your theories far too seriously and made very wild assumptions. I think I'm going to Unvote you because you don't really seem that scummy to me. Nevertheless, I will keep an eye on you.
... and I was going to praise him, then he unvoted fillipk because "you don't really seem that scummy to me", a rather vague reason. And really, if he thought fillipk was acting very suspiciously, he should have kept the vote on fillipk for pressure reasons at least.

Dear lord, you're panicking. In my previous post I said that you didn't really look that much like scum to me, but holy shit did you start lashing out. Wild accusations don't help your case, brah. I already said that I don't care that much on you anymore, but now I think I'm curious again. I unvoted you, but I don't think you even read my post to that point. Why are you so scared?
And I throw out my net again, and once again catch something against fillipk. I really am going to have to go after him. But I'm starting with SaberToothTiger, so let's keep going...

Day two:
I didn't vote because my prime suspect, fillipk wasn't quite suspicious enough for me to risk his lynch. Now, with the theory above I think that he was cult after all, considering his panicing when directly accused. I don't have much proof beyond that. Also, lynching somebody for not lynching somebody is lousy as hell.

Okay, here's a question for you, SaberToothTiger: why wasn't fillipk suspicious enough for you to risk his lynch? One advantage the town has over the cult is numbers. We can take a lot more hits than cult can(at least for now). If he died, and was town, we could still survive this.

And with that, we arrive at the present.

So, at this point, although there's probably some things I've missed, SaberToothTiger and fillipk are my prime suspects.

Tomorrow I should be able to go over fillipk again and if necessary switch my vote for optimum effectiveness.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones: In Space... Line?
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2015, 12:09:23 am »

It takes a while to gather up the pieces of TheDarkStar and get them into the airlock, but with the other doors not responding it's the only way to get rid of the smell. Once TheDarkStar has been properly laid to rest and some air freshener has been sprayed everywhere, you can get back to accusing each other of being evil.

As you spray air freshener, you hear a faint sound...

"Bah. Why do I always die Day 1?"
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2015, 12:31:28 am »

flabort:  I recall you mentioning in our last game together that you had a rather unique player meta: "Flabort is good at looking town when he's scum but is an awful town player".  Do you still live up to this meta?  How well do you think you've been playing during this game?
Sure do. Always trying to fight that meta and get better at playing, though. Heheh. You've seen Hector13's suspicions of me already, so obviously one half of the meta is in place already; it's up to you to decide, ultimately, and the rest of the players.
As far as how well I've been playing, not great but not bad. I have made some mistakes that I sorely regret, and am having trouble rectifying them before anyone sees them; it's impossible to remove them, given the no edits, but I'm also working on being more active, too, which is my worst thing. Given work just let off for the Christmas season, I should be able to be more active; but this might lead to other mistakes, given my... meta.

Does that answer your question satisfactorily?
Mostly.  However, now you've piqued my interest with that bolded comment.  What are these mistakes that you regret?

(pfp)
Is it OK that I'd rather not say? OK, OK, I'll spill; it would cause more harm than good at this point to keep it hidden. Hector13 got pretty close to the mark there with his accusations of trying to LOOK active but not being very contribution; mostly my mistakes were questions that didn't help at all and answers that barely made any coherent sense.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2015, 12:32:36 am »

EBWOP: Oh, and that post where I admitted to being loopy from my meds wearing off. Oi, I felt stupid reading that after.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 20, 2015, 12:40:34 am »

origamiscienceguy:  What's your opinion of SabertoothTiger's play this game?  Do you think he's the cult leader?

fillipk
1.  You claimed to have a power role during Day 1.  Is this the first time you've had a power role in a mafia game?  Just a "yes" or "no" will suffice.  No need to tell me anything more about your role.
2.  What's your reasoning for thinking SabertoothTiger is newbie town versus newbie cult?

PPE:

flabort
Is it OK that I'd rather not say? OK, OK, I'll spill; it would cause more harm than good at this point to keep it hidden. Hector13 got pretty close to the mark there with his accusations of trying to LOOK active but not being very contribution; mostly my mistakes were questions that didn't help at all and answers that barely made any coherent sense.
How would it have caused more "harm than good" to keep these mistakes hidden?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 20, 2015, 12:43:22 am »

I am sorry for my lack of activity. My brain is currently like this:

Spoiler: my brain (click to show/hide)

Give me a day or two and I should be back to my normal self.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 20, 2015, 06:51:21 am »

I'll post whenever I get on a computer, so hold yer horses.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2015, 10:32:56 am »

PFP

I'm curious, FoU, why you're going after SaberTooth, who I can only assume is your second choice for a lynch.

Your multiple mentions of using against fillipk the information that SaberTooth has unearthed is bothersome. If you're so interested in lynching fillipk, why are you bringing the wagon against SaberTooth to three votes, one fewer than a majority vote?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 20, 2015, 10:38:47 am »

(pfp)

Origamiscienceguy:  When did you find out that you were replacing tntey?  During night 1 or at the beginning of Day 2?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 20, 2015, 10:42:42 am »

EBWOP

Megas: bear in mind that flabort could be scum trying to make his behaviour look unintentional ("mistakes") rather than deliberately calculated. He already said that I've pointed it out, so if he is scum, he loses nothing from pointing it out himself. Might even gain a bit of town-cred for acknowledging something that needs to be corrected.

PPE: not necessarily a good question. We can't confirm the answer we get, so it's a freebie if OSG is scum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2015, 11:50:25 am »

I'm curious, FoU, why you're going after SaberTooth, who I can only assume is your second choice for a lynch.

Your multiple mentions of using against fillipk the information that SaberTooth has unearthed is bothersome. If you're so interested in lynching fillipk, why are you bringing the wagon against SaberTooth to three votes, one fewer than a majority vote?
SaberTooth is indeed my second choice for a lynch(for now), until I've gone over fillipk's activity from day one and from what of day two we have gone through.

I'm starting on SaberTooth because there are a lot of people voting him, and at the time of that post against him I wanted to see if the people voting him had a valid case(and they do).

I, right now, have my vote on SaberTooth- but I think it will likely move to fillipk after I preform some analysis of day one.

I am sorry for my lack of activity. My brain is currently like this:

Spoiler: my brain (click to show/hide)

Give me a day or two and I should be back to my normal self.

Yeah, I get the picture.

Spoiler: Movie Spoilers (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2015, 12:49:41 pm »

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by announcing your vote isn't going to stay on Saber, other than make Saber point out the scummy things that Fillipk has done, which isn't all that helpful to us in figuring out Saber's alignment because it gives him a pretty easy out.

Perhaps you were converted during N1? I'm looking forward to your analysis on fillipk.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2015, 12:55:07 pm »

EBWOP

Megas: bear in mind that flabort could be scum trying to make his behaviour look unintentional ("mistakes") rather than deliberately calculated. He already said that I've pointed it out, so if he is scum, he loses nothing from pointing it out himself. Might even gain a bit of town-cred for acknowledging something that needs to be corrected.

PPE: not necessarily a good question. We can't confirm the answer we get, so it's a freebie if OSG is scum.

I'm aware of both those points, but I'm still interested in their answers.

hector13:

Okay, did a quick read through of CW and SaberTooth's posts.

CW only seems to have voted for fillipk and SaberTooth, so I looked into Saber a bit more...

Saber hasn't done much. I mean, I don't think there's even one scum-hunting question that he asked that wasn't throwing another player's question back in their face. Also, the cheeky little unvote toward the end of the day doesn't sit well with me, particularly when, right at the end of the day, fillipk piques his interest again. Then at the start of D2, he's all "this is proof filipk is scum! ... but I don't think he's scum enough to vote for him" which I also find bothersome.
Did you decide to take a closer look at Sabertooth based on the fact that CW voted for him, or did you decide to look at both CW and Saber for other reasons?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38