Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1149 1150 [1151] 1152 1153 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 766697 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #17250 on: February 28, 2016, 10:34:17 am »

"Hey Vertex! You suck!" Dackly Yells, Firing the Phazon Cannon at the Yawning void, and more specifically, at the exposed metal.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17251 on: February 28, 2016, 10:35:46 am »

"The Abyss... tch. That can wait."
Garnt attempts to find the second Vertex with his squishy mortal eyeballs.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17252 on: February 28, 2016, 10:40:45 am »

Hikari goes over to pick Sandra up.

"W-what do you mean by that?! W-wait, I'm detecting something! I-It's not a Vertex! I-It's....something....w-worse!"

Suddenly, Primordial fusion with Shinju-sama.

And what she finds is very, very bad.

The presence that lurks beyond the void is indeed a Trespasser. This Trespasser seems to fill Her thoughts with....oblivion. Every single thought, every single emotion, rendered unto nothingness. Her attempts at Embracing nothingness fails, for how can one envelop that which surrounds everything? Despite Her ancient power, despite Her all-encompassing might, there are and always will be those that exceed even that.

She meets them. She catches but a glimpse as She attempts to force her way through this wall of Oblivion, the wall of Nothing that attempts wash over the Shinju and Herself, and sees the face of the enemy for the first time in so many long years.

It is Nothingness embodied. Nothing but an empty black maw leading into the eternity that is nonexistence, that would drive a mere mortal insane. Even She that Embraces has difficulty in attempting to perceive it, but owing to Her having floated in this nothingness before, it isn't hard to comprehend. The Shinju seem to collectively exude fear; their opponents had merely wanted to wipe the world from existence, but this, this presence wanted nothing more than nil to overrun all that is. Despite their fear, they still attempt to hold on, to create a bulwark against Oblivion with Her help-

And fail. Their will, even bolstered by the single presence of It that Embraces, cannot hold out. It fails. For a moment, She can sense herself fading, slowly disintegrating into the Oblivion, and the cold embrace of Nothing creeps up every fibre of her being-

But it does not end yet.

One voice. Then two. Then three. Then legions. Legions of the fallen Heroes of this world rise. They wash Oblivion from their gods, bring back from Nothing what She loses. Alone, these voices cannot simply hold the tide, but all together, six hundred years worth of Heroes, they shine as bright as the lights of the gods themselves. And so they do.

Slowly, she witnesses a massive flower enshroud itself around the Trespasser, crushing it, trying to push it into itself and render it harmless. With a mighty roar, the Trespasser attempts to fight back, and lashes out at It that Embraces in the process.

She is forced out of the Shinju tree, the strike and her drastically weakened state forcing her into a smaller, thinner form than usual. However, it seems her, the Shinju, and the Heroes have done well for themselves, for out from the void comes a far less gargantuan and far more mortal, but no less dangerous, maw of a giant creature, long forgotten by any world since the day it was sealed away. Slowly, giant, shadowy tendrils push themselves out of the void, ignoring the Phazon shot as it attempts to force itself into the Jukai, hurling its weight at the Shinju tree. Its black body appears to be a mass of tendrils, tentacles and what-have-you, defying count or description, and what can be said to be its 'head' is nothing more than a giant maw, gnashing and clawing. Even this creature seems to dwarf the Vertex, standing far taller than anything they've ever seen, looking down upon the Shinju tree as if it were a fresh grass shoot, ripe for the eating.

Everyone who looks upon it feels a fright of primal dread, even those who have forgotten dread or known no fear for years or decades or centuries. There just seems something....wrong about this mass of squirming, wriggling tendrils with a giant fanged jaw.

This creature, they know without having to ask, is a Trespasser.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:44:20 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17253 on: February 28, 2016, 10:44:46 am »

Sandra's breathing is sparse and shallow, like that of someone close to death. She offers no resistance to being picked up, instead shivering and looking into the distance blankly.
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17254 on: February 28, 2016, 10:45:44 am »

Anna is fully prepared for combat.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17255 on: February 28, 2016, 10:48:56 am »

"Ohhh ssssssssssssssssssssss...

KILL IT.  KILL IT WITH FIRE.  OR ANYTHING.  I'M NOT GOING TO BE PICKY."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:11:16 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17256 on: February 28, 2016, 10:55:34 am »

The Libra Vertex seems to ignore the attacks as it advances towards the ship. The Trespasser, on the other hand, seems to crawl towards the Shinju tree.
Mio looks up, shaking her head to ignore the fear that had gripped her just now.
"Chryssa, take your group down towards the ship! My group, follow me! We cannot divert from the plan now! We must protect the Shinju, but we cannot neglect the Vertex!

My group, with me! Chryssa's group, take care of the Vertex!"

The Hero takes Sora and Ayane and sprints towards the Trespasser.

Yuki turns to the remainder.
"We can't all attack this.....Trespasser, or whatever it is. If we do not kill this Vertex, it will simply destroy the ship AND the Shinju-sama regardless!"

Anyone who wishes to help Mio fight the Trespasser, go now. Be warned that you need enough people to kill the Libra Vertex, so you cannot all go attack the Trespasser.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17257 on: February 28, 2016, 10:56:46 am »

Alanis follows It That Embraces, wherever she decides to go.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #17258 on: February 28, 2016, 10:57:24 am »

"FOR RAPTURE!" attack the vertex
No sig yet

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17259 on: February 28, 2016, 10:57:34 am »

Sandra cowers. As usual.
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17260 on: February 28, 2016, 10:58:32 am »

Hikari looks down at Sandra.
"Hey! You've got to get moving!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17261 on: February 28, 2016, 11:04:56 am »

Alanis calls ENG.

"ENG!  Status of the ship!  I have an idea!"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:11:59 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17262 on: February 28, 2016, 11:06:46 am »

Ian goes with the group fighting the Vertex.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17263 on: February 28, 2016, 11:12:40 am »

"W-what do you mean by that?! W-wait, I'm detecting something! I-It's not a Vertex! I-It's....something....w-worse!"

Suddenly, Primordial fusion with Shinju-sama.

And what she finds is very, very bad.

The presence that lurks beyond the void is indeed a Trespasser. This Trespasser seems to fill Her thoughts with....oblivion. Every single thought, every single emotion, rendered unto nothingness. Her attempts at Embracing nothingness fails, for how can one envelop that which surrounds everything? Despite Her ancient power, despite Her all-encompassing might, there are and always will be those that exceed even that.

She meets them. She catches but a glimpse as She attempts to force her way through this wall of Oblivion, the wall of Nothing that attempts wash over the Shinju and Herself, and sees the face of the enemy for the first time in so many long years.

It is Nothingness embodied. Nothing but an empty black maw leading into the eternity that is nonexistence, that would drive a mere mortal insane. Even She that Embraces has difficulty in attempting to perceive it, but owing to Her having floated in this nothingness before, it isn't hard to comprehend. The Shinju seem to collectively exude fear; their opponents had merely wanted to wipe the world from existence, but this, this presence wanted nothing more than nil to overrun all that is. Despite their fear, they still attempt to hold on, to create a bulwark against Oblivion with Her help-

And fail. Their will, even bolstered by the single presence of It that Embraces, cannot hold out. It fails. For a moment, She can sense herself fading, slowly disintegrating into the Oblivion, and the cold embrace of Nothing creeps up every fibre of her being-

But it does not end yet.

One voice. Then two. Then three. Then legions. Legions of the fallen Heroes of this world rise. They wash Oblivion from their gods, bring back from Nothing what She loses. Alone, these voices cannot simply hold the tide, but all together, six hundred years worth of Heroes, they shine as bright as the lights of the gods themselves. And so they do.

Slowly, she witnesses a massive flower enshroud itself around the Trespasser, crushing it, trying to push it into itself and render it harmless. With a mighty roar, the Trespasser attempts to fight back, and lashes out at It that Embraces in the process.

She is forced out of the Shinju tree, the strike and her drastically weakened state forcing her into a smaller, thinner form than usual. However, it seems her, the Shinju, and the Heroes have done well for themselves, for out from the void comes a far less gargantuan and far more mortal, but no less dangerous, maw of a giant creature, long forgotten by any world since the day it was sealed away. Slowly, giant, shadowy tendrils push themselves out of the void, ignoring the Phazon shot as it attempts to force itself into the Jukai, hurling its weight at the Shinju tree. Its black body appears to be a mass of tendrils, tentacles and what-have-you, defying count or description, and what can be said to be its 'head' is nothing more than a giant maw, gnashing and clawing. Even this creature seems to dwarf the Vertex, standing far taller than anything they've ever seen, looking down upon the Shinju tree as if it were a fresh grass shoot, ripe for the eating.

Everyone who looks upon it feels a fright of primal dread, even those who have forgotten dread or known no fear for years or decades or centuries. There just seems something....wrong about this mass of squirming, wriggling tendrils with a giant fanged jaw.

This creature, they know without having to ask, is a Trespasser.

The body of It That Embraces staggers, stumbles, seems on the verge of breaking apart. For a moment, it looks like Her avatar is about to disappear.

But with no small amount of Force of Will, It stabilizes, slowly coming back to a solid form. She stares at the Trespasser, the Devourer of Worlds made Manifest by the efforts that She was a part of.

[That hurt. But it was worth it.  It is weakened enough that you may be able to harm it.]

She nods, pulling Herself slowly away from the Shinju. Finally, She steps forward, advancing upon the Trespasser. Her ancient enemy. It is only fitting she would fight it.
Alanis follows It That Embraces, wherever she decides to go.
This, however, does not sit well with Her.

[You are attempting to protect me. Do not. Concern yourself with your own well-being, and those of your fellow Mortals. Even if this Avatar is destroyed, I will still Be. Death will not be so kind to you.]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17264 on: February 28, 2016, 11:17:15 am »

"Right then!  Crazy plan, here goes!"

To the ship!  To the lab!  To the batteries!
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1149 1150 [1151] 1152 1153 ... 1862