Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 766802 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #17235 on: February 27, 2016, 10:44:12 am »

"I nominate Eirika to assist me."

Ghost!Sachi, if she's listening, isn't responding. Likelihood is, she knows exactly as much as Mio does, considering she was ALSO a Hero.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17236 on: February 27, 2016, 10:47:29 am »

"As if I would have it any other way."
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17237 on: February 27, 2016, 01:45:09 pm »

"I'll have Anna or one of your friends assisting me, Mio. I want someone who understands these types of enemies, which are somewhat similar to the Grimm of me and Anna's world."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17238 on: February 27, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »

"And you'll have one! The World's Greatest Sorceress-to be at your service! I'll have you know that I've been slaying these foul beasts as long as our dear Mio has!"
Chizuru stands up and executes her Chizuru Pose!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17239 on: February 27, 2016, 02:55:28 pm »

"We'll go with whichever group needs us more."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17240 on: February 27, 2016, 03:00:43 pm »

"I would prefer to be with It That Embraces, whichever group she ends up with."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17241 on: February 27, 2016, 03:20:01 pm »

"I'll have Anna or one of your friends assisting me, Mio. I want someone who understands these types of enemies, which are somewhat similar to the Grimm of me and Anna's world."
Ian looks mildly insulted.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17242 on: February 27, 2016, 10:52:24 pm »

"Sorry, Ian. I just only mentioned Anna and I because I referred to us earlier in my speaking."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:12:38 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17243 on: February 27, 2016, 11:54:01 pm »

Aesford pulls out a second chalkboard and splits into two halves labeled 'Mio' and 'Chryssa'.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17244 on: February 28, 2016, 09:29:45 am »

Before anyone can speak, however, every single Hero's phone in the room goes off. The alarm sounds nothing like the first one, but far more urgent.

Mio's eyes widen as she checks her phone.
"What?! Barrier breakdown?! That's-"
Those are the last words she gets in before she, her Hero allies and everyone else, Sandra, the ship and Tourmaline included, get thrown into the Jukai.

Unknown Phase
Jukai

Everyone is deposited at a spot halfway between the Shinju tree, shining behind them and the ship in front of them. Mio looks around frantically.
"The barrier broke! The barrier is-oh.

Oh god."

As everyone looks towards where Mio is staring, they realise what she has reason to panic over.

There is a giant gash in the sky, leading into what seems to be total blackness and oblivion. Unlike the other gash into the outside world, where there was hellfire, and the surface resembled that of the sun, this seems infinitely more dangerous. If Alanis were to use her magesight on it, she would see a literal gap in the world, as if there was literally a void; not even ambient magic is present.

Chizuru's eyes widen.
"Where does THAT one lead to?"
"Senpai....I'm scared."
"It'll be alright, girls. Everyone, transform!"

Mio and her Hero Club execute a combined transformation, transforming into their Hero forms in front of everyone. The flashes of magic make it hard to discern movement, but Chizuru seems to be dancing as she transforms, Hikari and Ayane seem to confidently allow their magical garments to put themselves on, Yuki actively grabs hers and Sora meekly lets themselves be put on to her.

"Sachi, can you detect anything?"
"I.....I detect a large Vertex signature heading towards you! B-Behind you!"

As she says that, another gash is torn into the Jukai with a loud ripping noise. A giant Vertex pushes itself through.

This one was far larger than the last ones they'd faced.

It resembled a giant, burning orb, with rainbow-coloured smaller orbs spinning around it in elliptical orbits. The orb is enshrouded in luminescent crystal, emitting a low humming noise and it seems to dwarf even the largest Vertex they'd seen thus far. The only visible 'face' part of the Vertex seems to be a small diamond of metal on the face of the orb looking towards them, with a small, red crystal inset in the middle.

"Libra-type Vertex, Major. This isn't good."
"It's not alone! Sachi! Can you detect the second one?"
"I-I'm trying to! I can't find it!"

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17245 on: February 28, 2016, 09:31:57 am »

Sandra does not look in any way fit to fight, trembling and not wearing any of her equipment.
thincake

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17246 on: February 28, 2016, 09:36:26 am »

"Oh.

That's literally a blank void.

In other words, this is probably the OTHER reality-devouring monsters, too.

F**k.

Sachi!  Look for where something ISN'T!"

She heads towards wherever It That Embraces is and pulls up a Kinetic Shell, Looking for a spot that is devoid of ambient magic as the rift is in the hopes that she can spot the thing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:45:38 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17247 on: February 28, 2016, 10:18:55 am »

[So it has come to this. {They/The Trespassers} have come. That void is what they do.]

It That Embraces stands, near the back of the group. Her eyes, multitude as they are, stare at the gash in the sky. Some widening in fear, some narrowing in anger. Her emotions roll off Her face, plain to see. Emotions the humans around Her can relate to, and some emotions that they never could. She remembers. A thousand fists clench, the Primordial shaking as She Speaks.

[They have come to bring oblivion. Nothingness. The total removal of Existence. To devour everything that is, to replace it with is not, leaving only Nothing in their wake.]

Some of Her eyes momentarily glance to the massive Vertex that was behind them. Momentarily. Either She does not think much of it, or She is far more concerned with the burning hole in Existence far above, the one She Glares at.

[Please deal with {the Vertex} for us. It may appear large, but it is not so different from the rest. I will aid {the Shinju-Sama.} I am far more useful in the domain of Gods than in that of (mortals/thin things/shadows).]

Indeed, She steps away from the Mortals. She Arrives a moment later, aside the World Tree itself. The massive, towering foliage that houses the spirits of this world's beleaguered gods. What happens next is not a sight for Mortal eyes, as It That Embraces seems to melt against the mighty Shinju. A riot of colors flows from the Tree and around Her body, even as Her Warmth flows back into the Tree, spreading out through the world, filling the very Existence with the hint of Her presence.

Even in the Domain of Gods, She is a spirit of few words. She greets the Shinju with but a momentary Embrace before She joins Them in Their battle. Their battle against the encroaching hellfire... and against the Oblivion tearing into Their barrier.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:24:32 am by Twi »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17248 on: February 28, 2016, 10:21:12 am »

"W-whoa...

Okay then.

Listen to the goddess!

Kill the thing!"

Alanis's pendant glows.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:11:41 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #17249 on: February 28, 2016, 10:22:17 am »

Big Daddy having existed in a place of plot relevance gets ready for combat
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 1862