Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Communism Simulator Mafia | Game Over - Scum win  (Read 28602 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | Day 2 | REPLACEMENT NEEDED (9/11)
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2015, 08:28:36 pm »

Everyone Who do you personally think messed up the most day 1? Why, and are they a suspect for being scum to you?

I think AbstractTraitorHero messed up the most during Day 1.  He should have put more effort into explaining his actions, questioning people, and actually scumhunting.  The reason I didn't vote him during Day 1 was because I had played a beginner's game with him before and I wasn't sure whether his behavior was actually scummy or just newby.  I was hoping he would post more before the day ended so that I could get a better read on him.

While I was rereading posts during Night 1, I was suspicious of TheDarkStar, Jiokuy, and Silthuri due to posting little to no content and Arcvasti due to not scumhunting.  However, TDS is dead and both Silthuri and Arcvasti have excuses, so I consider Jiokuy to be the most suspicious person at the moment.

flabort:  What's your answer to your own question? (the question I answered at the beginning of this post)
Myself. I didn't do anything to coordinate the plan I had put forward, I didn't unvote or convince anyone to vote the other guy, I didn't ask smart enough questions, or help extend when the day came to the end. I DON'T suspect myself, but I don't blame Deus for doing so.

Flabort
So much for a tie...
You were the one who broke what would have been a tie by voting for ATH. To be fair, the day didn't end for almost another 24 hours, but you still had ample time to unvote if you wanted to set up a tied vote.

As for who messed up the most... I don't know if there's any way to majorly mess up on day 1. I guess I'd say ATH for not doing a whole bunch to keep himself alive, but I obviously don't think he's scum.

fillipk yeah, an extension would probably have been a reasonable idea.
Yeah... I agree I should have done something in those 24 hours. Let's hope I do better this week.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2015, 08:52:33 pm »

It's quiet.  Too quiet.  Time for more questions!

Roo:
Do I think filipk moving from one person to another without even letting the first answer? A bit, but nothing has happened. I can't blame filipk for being eager. In fact that makes me think he is town. Hence the unvote. But I think tactically that was a mistake. Meh whatever.
What was the tactical mistake?  Was it fillipk's shifting votes or your unvote?  I'm also interested in your answers to the questions that fillipk and flabort asked everyone.

Jiokuy: During Day 1, were you aware that I had previously voted for fillipk at the time you chose to vote for him?

fillipk:  You asked flabort about how we could use the game's mechanics to our favor.  Did you have any ideas about how we can use them?

flabort:  Now that we are short by two communists and potentially lacking in 2 votes, how many votes do you think will need to be directed toward the same person to guarantee a successful lynch?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2015, 01:28:58 am »

flabort:  Now that we are short by two communists and potentially lacking in 2 votes, how many votes do you think will need to be directed toward the same person to guarantee a successful lynch?

Two votes is the best-case scenario, where the two who died owned each others' votes. At worst, we've lost FOUR votes[Two people have useless votes since the people whose votes they controlled are dead and another two have votes no one can use because their owners are dead]. I think its at this stage that the voting thing might come in handy for us, assuming the Democrats don't win by tomorrow. The way I see it, we're hemorrhaging votes. Its probably not as bad as I make out with it to be because people who have deadweight votes can die to with no loss to town, but still. If we nail a Democrat today, that will put us a large way towards winning.

I'm voting to Extend, because I can only check on this for a short interval each day. I'm guessing others have similar situations going, too.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2015, 01:51:34 am »

Considering the general lack of activity, I'll extend too.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2015, 02:30:17 am »

fillipk:  You asked flabort about how we could use the game's mechanics to our favor.  Did you have any ideas about how we can use them?
I was just curious I think it's a nerf to townies because there are 9 of us and 2 Mafia,

Extend before I forget

Jiokuy what is with the general lack of activity, do you not want to seem like an active person are you avoiding activity to not give us posts to analyze?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2015, 03:56:18 am »

@meggas the tactical mistake was not letting my vote sit on him. I poked him but quickly undid any reaction they might have to it by unvoting. Plus I was still curious about his foses so early in the game. So my bad I guess lol.

I think their questions was regarding who flubbed and why not enough time, correct? To me the both of them are semi-related. It was town that messed up the most. Blaming a single person or thing is just denial/refusal to accept your responsibility as town. Let's acknowledge that we messed up in lynching ath by not being active and ignoring the game not do it again and move on.

I find it weird that filipk foses ath but votes flabort for having a bad idea. Why does flabort having a bad idea mean he might be scum. I don't understand your thought process very well filipk. Why did you think flabort is scum or am I misinterpreting your vote?

I also think everyone is focusing too much on the weird game mechanic. I won't really comment on it as I'm no good at these sort of things. But I think we are okay since we still out number them by a lot. For today I would focus on finding scum. And if anything hits you on the voting mechanic feel free to say it. But scum hunting should be our priority right now.

Also not so crazy idea considering this is bay 12: scum are lurking and watching us kill each other.

@mod when can prods be sent out?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2015, 04:09:17 am »

Oh, deus has a good point regarding flabort. I don't know what to think though. Flabort casually dismissed it. My bad I guess is usally my line. I don't knownhow to feel about this. It is definitely worth of a vote though. From the exchange it sounds like flabort is saying he just forgot. The 'so much for a tie' thing looks pretty though. Hmmmm.

Filipk mirroring my thoughts. Ew. jiokuy
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2015, 04:17:44 am »

Also went back and read filipk also fosed flabort so nvm on that. I guess the foses were weird to me so esrly without an rvs vote.
Or not it's cool.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2015, 09:12:14 am »

I took a look at Jiokuy's profile and noticed he's only posted twice during the month of November.  I doubt we'll get many more posts out of him.

fillipk:  Was there a reason why you were curious about flabort's answer in particular?

(Pfp)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2015, 09:18:50 am »

Votecount
Jiokuy (2) Fillipk, roo
Flabort (1) Deus Asmoth
Tntey (modkilled if not replaced by end of day 2)

Day 2 will end on Thursday at 8:00 PM Central

4 out of 5 players have voted for an extension.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:40:49 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2015, 12:21:33 pm »

@Why I voted for Flabort the main reason was his idea.  The whole reason I agreed to it was if he was one of the people we voted up so I voted for him to try to make that happen.

I took a look at Jiokuy's profile and noticed he's only posted twice during the month of November.  I doubt we'll get many more posts out of him.

fillipk:  Was there a reason why you were curious about flabort's answer in particular?

(Pfp)
No, I just picked someone at random, and I asked before he put out his idea.

Deus Asmoth Why are you voting for Flabort, any reason other then his failure to follow his idea?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2015, 01:23:37 pm »

@osg 3 players voted for an extension.

(pfp)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2015, 02:35:10 pm »

PFP
To garuntee that person is lynched, three more votes than the next runner up would be needed; two for the potential non-votes, one more so a tie doesn't form. Why?
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2015, 02:36:22 pm »

@osg 3 players voted for an extension.

(pfp)
Yes, I counted 3 too.
And I'm going to make four, extend
[/pfp]
The Cyan Menace

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2015, 05:17:12 pm »

@flabort:  I primarily asked that question to see if you would contradict any of your earlier statements regarding the game mechanics or say something scummy.  Admittedly, that was a weak question with an academic answer.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16