Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll To Protect: The Neighborhood  (Read 15337 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Protect: The Captives
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2015, 09:56:23 pm »

expand map if possible. where is the rally supposedly at this time?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 09:57:22 pm »

Dibs on smg, guess that just leaves the shotgun.

Wait! Examine the watch on our captive bodyguard.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2015, 10:06:42 pm »

Let's just flat-out Search the bodyguard and his employer for weapons or devices.

Also, does Ila have any modifications that we have to watch out for?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2015, 10:28:18 pm »

Map is in the process of being drawn. I'm assuming you'd like to hold on movement actions till then? MAP GET

Also, I'm going to grab the shotgun before it disappears.

Dibs on smg, guess that just leaves the shotgun.

I grab 2 pistols. No one understands how accurate I can be with a pistol in each hand until its too late.

Veritas has the shotgun, heydude6 has the SMG, Tomasque has two pistols.

Let's just flat-out Search the bodyguard and his employer for weapons or devices.

(4)

You remove the bodyguard's pistol, wrist device, and jacket. He doesn't have anything else on him.

Ila doesn't have any weapons. If she has any truly dangerous mods, then you can't see them; it would take a doctor to find a concealed defense mod like acid tears or razor hair. A visual inspection in the dark is not a good way to tell that sort of thing, really.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:41:05 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
  • monopoly money counterfeiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2015, 10:48:20 pm »

Assuming we're the red dot and the white dot to the south is our goal, it'd seem most prudent to head east to the first intersection, then straight south.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2015, 11:29:54 pm »

They might block off the highway if they realize that Ila's missing, or simply because they want to regulate traffic. Let's go west and then go south as soon as possible, so we're parallel to the highway.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2015, 12:22:23 am »

They might block off the highway if they realize that Ila's missing, or simply because they want to regulate traffic. Let's go west and then go south as soon as possible, so we're parallel to the highway.
Oh, yeah, west is what I meant. I get those mixed up a lot...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2015, 04:17:25 am »

So, consensus is to head south one street west of the highway?
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2015, 04:21:42 am »

So, consensus is to head south one street west of the highway?
Yup.
Money!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2015, 07:41:02 am »

Don't forget the wall of police to the south, we need a way around those. Keep an eye out on the positioning of police forces during our travel.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2015, 04:17:18 pm »

(3)

Your driver doesn't seem to realize the urgency of your escape, and drives at the posted speed limit down the street. All the while, you can hear the unidentified chopper circling overhead, shining a spotlight on various points, and the sounds of battle pressing in from the direction of the highway.

From the back seat, you see a massive black shape lumber out into the streets directly in your path. It's a CiD, a civilian disarmament robot. Twelve feet tall and bristling with rubber bullets and tear gas, it's designed for massive city-wide riots just like these. They're often sent to clear the way before flesh-and-blood cops get to the scene.

If they've deployed a CiD, then it means that the city government is treating this as a domestic warfare incident... which means they're specifically looking for you, and probably have orders to shoot on sight.

The van is still heading towards the CiD. The CiD hasn't seen you, but it definitely will next turn. On the previous map, you are on the fifth street down from the top, one street west of the highway.

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »

Is there an intersection between us and the robot? If so, tell the driver to head west, then south again. If not, try and drive around the robot if at all possible.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2015, 04:56:20 pm »

If we come within 10 meters of the robot, poke my head out of the window and try to shoot its cameras with my smg.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2015, 09:17:50 pm »

In case the driver does not already know, warn them to AVOID THE BIG f***ing ROBOT!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2015, 09:53:32 pm »

(Tomasque, if you want to do anything with this turn, just post it and I'll add it on to the actions that occurred.)

In case the driver does not already know, warn them to AVOID THE BIG f***ing ROBOT!

Is there an intersection between us and the robot? If so, tell the driver to head west, then south again. If not, try and drive around the robot if at all possible.

(3)

Veritas and Hache yell at the driver to change course, but he's already on it. He skitters around the corner, but the CiD shines its spotlight on you; it has seen you, and it's probably noticed your prisoners as well. The best you can hope for is that you were moving too fast for it to catch your license plate. The person monitoring the live video feed in the police station will likely be informing the rest of the force about what the CiD just saw.

If we come within 10 meters of the robot, poke my head out of the window and try to shoot its cameras with my smg.

(5)

heydude6 leans out of the window as the car whips around the corner, firing blindly with the SMG; the spotlight darkens, and you can see one of the legs wobble precariously. You don't know how, but a bullet must have found its way into one of the hydraulic stabilizers. The CiD can't pursue you anymore. The driver breathes a sigh of relief when he hears the crash of metal on pavement behind you.

You hear the chopper wheeling overhead; it must belong to the police, as it's getting louder and louder, coming closer all the time. Whether they're snipers or merely scouts, you won't know until they reach you.

You are in a semi-open area, heading towards Leader's Plaza from the east. The police are moving into the blocks where you just were now, but they're too occupied to deal with you just yet. If you want to get directly to the goal from the western entrance to the slums, you'll come in to contact with the cops.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11