Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll To Protect: The Neighborhood  (Read 15324 times)

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
  • monopoly money counterfeiter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Protect: The Captives
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2015, 10:14:29 pm »

Seems like our only option is to cut southwest across the plaza. The helicopter will likely notice us, but if we delay for too long, the police will close in on us anyway.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 01:07:59 am »

Last turn action: If I know that his jacket is bulletproof, then I'll put it on. Same with the wrist device, if I know that it's a shield. If not, then I won't. However, either way I'll examine his pistol. Is it a higher caliber than mine? More accurate? If it's better in some way, then keep it.

This turn action: Look out for ambushes, snipers, or other not-so-noticeable threats, and alert my partners & the driver of their existence/location.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2015, 01:43:15 am »

Last turn action: If I know that his jacket is bulletproof, then I'll put it on. Same with the wrist device, if I know that it's a shield. If not, then I won't. However, either way I'll examine his pistol. Is it a higher caliber than mine? More accurate? If it's better in some way, then keep it.

The jacket's obviously some sort of protective garment; you can feel the padding and insulation as you handle it, so you put it on. However, the thing he was wearing on his wrist just looks like some sort of obscure device, so you pay it no mind.

His pistol is just a typical firearm; maybe a gun nut could tell you something interesting about it, but for your money it is neither better nor worse than the array of pistols you have at your disposal right now.

The only interesting things are the mounted flashlight and laser sight, which might do you some good in the dark streets. You decide to keep it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:49:52 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2015, 04:47:54 pm »

Prepare for combat, checking my assault rifle to make sure it is functional without a chance of jamming or other dangerous problems, while also reminding myself to shoot to wound, preferably aiming for the legs.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2015, 02:48:53 pm »

Just waiting on heydude6's action, if he wants to do anything this turn.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2015, 05:54:54 pm »

Whoops.

Hunker down inside my veichle, shooting them will only draw attention
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2015, 09:30:26 pm »

Seems like our only option is to cut southwest across the plaza. The helicopter will likely notice us, but if we delay for too long, the police will close in on us anyway.

(6)

You don't know how, or why, but you thank your lucky stars that the helicopter decides to pass you by. It flies directly overhead, but the terrible glow of the spotlight misses you and instead focuses on a group trashing a car. As you watch, the spotlight passes over them once, twice, three times, then hones in; the gangsters try to run, but soon one of them is on the ground, convulsing, the victim of an unseen attacker. Another collapses, and another, until the entire group is down.

So the chopper is a sniper vehicle, loaded with taser rounds. The hoodlums are strewn around the car they'd been terrorizing, seizing and screaming in pain; they'll likely be that way all night, until the police pick them up and take them back to the station.

Something very unusual is going on if the cops are aiming to capture. The thought quickly leaves your mind, however; you're not in the clear yet, and the motives of police are often alien to you and your brethren anyways.

This turn action: Look out for ambushes, snipers, or other not-so-noticeable threats, and alert my partners & the driver of their existence/location.

(3)

As you roll into one of the slum's many openings, it's hard to see any threats. The scum here doesn't necessarily support your cause, and there's no way of knowing if somebody is a friend or foe until it's too late.

The slum is like a living being of its own, a parasite on the underbelly of the city. Constantly being rebuilt and rearranged, expanding and contracting as it breathes in the unfortunate and breathes out criminals, it's likely no safer than the situation you just left behind.

The road you are on meanders around, taking you through many twists and turns, looping back on itself to form messy tangles of intersections until all of you are thoroughly lost. No real maps of the slums exist; your driver has a hand-made map on his cell phone that is most likely out of date. Case in point: the path you are on ends abruptly. People have erected their own row of shanty houses, right in the middle of what had once been a foot path. There's still space for pedestrians to go through, but you won't be taking the van.

The driver turns back, panic evident on his face.
"This path used to go straight to where you guys are going. It was clear just the other day."

« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 09:34:34 pm by itisnotlogical »

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2015, 09:33:30 pm »

There must be a way around. I'm not inclined towards barreling straight through the shanty houses, since we don't want to make more enemies than we already have. On the other hand, abandoning the van while we've got a high-profile hostage is just asking for it.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2015, 10:30:34 pm »

Four heavily armed men and two hostages vs a row of shanty houses. I am fairly sure that it will be messy, but safer to go on foot. Driving around risks drawing police attention AND gang vehicles now. We play it safe, and we play it silent.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2015, 10:32:20 pm »

Four heavily armed men and two hostages vs a row of shanty houses. I am fairly sure that it will be messy, but safer to go on foot. Driving around risks drawing police attention AND gang vehicles now. We play it safe, and we play it silent.
Alright, yeah, you're right. Do we have anything we can put on the hostages to conceal their faces, like spare masks or bags?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2015, 03:42:34 pm »

You have four masks; each of you is wearing one.

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2015, 03:43:24 pm »

Alright, best just to tell them to keep their heads down or something.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2015, 08:27:09 pm »

Leave and enter a narrow alleyway, try to wall jump onto a roof.

This is my action, don't feel like bolding.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2015, 10:15:06 pm »

(4)

You begin walking down the row of shanty houses. You see the glow of eyes peeking at you from the darkness, but none of them draw nearer; they vanish when it's apparent you've noticed them. Looks like the scum doesn't want trouble tonight.

Alright, best just to tell them to keep their heads down or something.

They comply. They seem to realize what is about to happen to them, and the fight leaves them. They quietly walk forward as you prod them on, swiftly but stealthily through the alley.

Leave and enter a narrow alleyway, try to wall jump onto a roof.

This is my action, don't feel like bolding.

(3)

You kick off a wall, but fail to ascend and have to climb using good old shoulder and back strength.

The inhabitant of the house you are on--a youth so wasted by drugs that he appears a skeleton at first glance--emerges, grumbling, cursing and bearing a shotgun.

"THE FUCK? THE FUCK MAN? THE FUCK!?", he yells, spinning wildly around and aiming his weapon into the shadows.

The van driver, noting these developments, takes his leave and backs the car away into the darkness, wanting no part of this incident any longer.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2015, 10:38:44 pm »

Run back to my allies
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11