Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136399 times)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2015, 07:46:46 am »

Well.
I love this game now, the atmosphere, the feels..
It's wonderful.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2015, 08:37:27 am »

Currently trying to work out whether my second character's knight offer does actually amount to a gift of twenty halberdiers and instructions along the lines of 'go! Fly! Be free!' or not. Slightly confusing to work out what various people's ideas of this game are! For clarity, it could either be what I mentioned or with the caveat that he wants me to stay in the area.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2015, 11:35:58 am »

Well, typically people want you to be free within their realm, hence the offer of fealty, but you could always message your liege and ask if they mind you exploring and possibly leaving the realm, since you're a new player. Most people will understand and let you do your thing. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2015, 11:40:40 am »

Well, typically people want you to be free within their realm, hence the offer of fealty, but you could always message your liege and ask if they mind you exploring and possibly leaving the realm, since you're a new player. Most people will understand and let you do your thing. :)

It seems like he just wants more people to play the game, actually - the text accompanying the offer was basically 'no gods, no masters', he seems to have no objection to me wandering all over the world, and he assures me I owe him nothing. So I'm just filing the fact that he started me off away in the list of Phyrex roleplay stuff to remember.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2015, 02:24:19 pm »

Ok, signed up as Roland D'Noir (loosely recycled from an Ars Magica character I had years ago). No idea how any of this works, but hey....you have my sword. And the five swords and two bows of the guys you gave me.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2015, 05:25:25 pm »

Woohoo. I know own a mountain town. That produces a hell of a lot of metal and not nearly enough food and wood. A shame I don't have a herald. Or any knights I could trust. I need to run around and visit a few of the neighboring towns to see if I can fix these food shortages.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2015, 06:33:22 pm »

If it was independent, fair game. But if not, you could be in a lot of trouble. Metal is a valuable resource.

Before you take any more towns, you should probably contact whoever owns it, or you could find yourself getting quartered real quick.

Other than that. Try to find a Grassland. They have tons of food.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2015, 08:46:25 pm »

I'm soon going to own two hill towns in Arrakesh, with any luck. Maybe I'll post up a knight offer for some B12'ers.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2015, 01:48:27 am »

Hell yeah! Arrakesh is gearing up for some major events but until then, I set up some knight offers in Ascalon, Tetsuyama, and the Void. :) Join us in the void and be an intelligent zombie monstrocity spreading filth and disease across the civilized lands of mankind! Join Ascalon and swear fealty to maximilian vvaros aurea to help me found the new black order chapter and rally people to fight the void ;)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2015, 02:17:11 am »

Question for those who have played for longer:

I have an estate with 30 militia. The former owner (who has a claim) with no soldiers initiated an attempt to take over the settlement. Any predictions on what's going to happen? I would hope that the 30 militia gang up on him and beat him like a ragdoll, but I'm guessing he'll succeed and I'm going to have to march back and reconquer the settlement again.

Is there any way to 'ban' a specific noble from entering your estate, even if he belongs to your nation?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2015, 01:52:12 pm »

From what I can tell of this game, you'd have to message them telling them that and then hold to it.

For the record (mainly Ehndras), the Phyrex(ian) family is also played by me. Intended to be slightly more out there than Thelassa, for when I feel like playing grimmer characters. Hence Mirran's presence in the Void.

Cookie Monster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2015, 02:33:04 pm »

So if I have two characters, one is a knight hoping to better his place in the world and the other is his sworn sword, can I have the second character swear an oath of fealty to the knight? I'm looking for the option, but the first character isn't appearing in the drop down. Can you not swear fealty to a knight?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:42:41 pm by Cookie Monster »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2015, 02:49:01 pm »

Not as far as I know, no. You need to swear to a holder of an estate, so if your knight gains his own estate, you can then swear to the knight. At the rank of Knight, there's no ability to have others swear to you directly.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2015, 05:12:37 pm »

Guess this is pointing out the obvious, since its not hard to miss, but there is a manual on the website explaining the roles in detail, along with lots of good info. Its nicely broke up into sections.
http://mightandfealty.com/en/manual/knight

Just reading through it myself to see how the game functions. Always been interested in the battlemaster thread whenever it pops up, but never made the move to join up as the idea always seemed great but always put off by a few things.

The way the game seems to force player interaction etc, it all makes perfect sense and I get it. You need subject and vassals to run a big empire, and loyalty, cooperation etc. thats the whole point of the game, its trying to be a simulator not a 4x conquest type game. But its from the start - seems a bit much to smack down on you if you have never played - Who wants to bend the knee and swear fealty to a complete stranger on day one? Its a bit intimidating for one, and on the other hand seems a big step. Historically an oath of fealty is no small deal surely, you make that pledge to a Lord and the only way out is death, release(rare?) or breaking it and being a traitor/civil war etc? Clearly it cant be that strict since I read people coming and going to join other realms in the forums it seems. So how is that even an oath of fealty anyway? The manual also says you can be member of more than one realm? huh. How can I pledge allegiance to the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of France. That is total conflict of interest, how can you be a vassal to two realms.

Reading here, it also seems the established players have set up some kind of de facto ownership of independent towns. It the town is independent and neutral, then they dont have the power or people to keep hold of it. But if someone else grabs it without their permission, they will fight to take it back, because its theirs even though it wasnt?  :o

Questions: How can you pick which Lords butt to kiss first without knowing which bath regular first? How did they set up the monopoly of Lordship? Who did they pledge to when the game started, chicken and the egg? Why when the game has independent towns doesnt it just put you in charge of one, and then naturally I can see which of my neighbors to pledge to because I NEED them for support. Why cant I just be a hobo-noble in one of the independent towns and curse all those fancy evil city realm folk for looking down on my humble House Hog of barely above farmers stuck in shitsville province? WHY is the game throwing me directly into servitude from day one like some filthy newborn serf. And how can I get over this feeling? ::)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2015, 05:33:07 pm »

Reading here, it also seems the established players have set up some kind of de facto ownership of independent towns. It the town is independent and neutral, then they dont have the power or people to keep hold of it. But if someone else grabs it without their permission, they will fight to take it back, because its theirs even though it wasnt?  :o

I plan on remaining independent as long as possible. If I people come looking for the town, I'll simply swear loyalty to a realm for protection. I'd lose my independence, but at least I would still own the estate. Hopefully. Not like I have enough of a militia force anyways to stop any serious attacks. I can't increase the size of it either without increasing the food production.

Haven't had much luck brokering any trade deals unfortunately.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 96