Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136380 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2015, 10:55:18 am »

Rathgar raids everyone, as far as I know.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2015, 11:48:31 am »

And there goes that settlement. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2015, 11:58:16 am »

Since the game has been up for a while, assume that nothing is independent. Even if it's systematically independent, someone somewhere is going to come by and say that the land is rightfully theirs, and they probably have a bigger army/political strength than you do. The game's called Might and Fealty for a reason, and it'd be a good idea to start by joining a sovereign state. Ascalon seems to be in need of knights/lords, and I heard Hawks are recruiting as well.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »

Since the game has been up for a while, assume that nothing is independent. Even if it's systematically independent, someone somewhere is going to come by and say that the land is rightfully theirs, and they probably have a bigger army/political strength than you do. The game's called Might and Fealty for a reason, and it'd be a good idea to start by joining a sovereign state. Ascalon seems to be in need of knights/lords, and I heard Hawks are recruiting as well.

Pass. Joining a large realm is no fun at all. Where as, trying to be entirely independent from everyone else is. Not a chance in hell of it actually working of course, but it should keep me amused for a while.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:12:58 pm by Xardalas »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »

Pass. Joining a large realm is no fun at all. Where as, trying to be entirely independent from someone else is.

I'm also kicking around looking for an independent settlement with one of my characters. There might be some way we can combine forces, maybe also with werty and Zangi.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2015, 12:23:18 pm »

Not likely to happen honestly. As what's his face said, pretty much every settlement has been claimed. Your best bet is to just troll up the map and look for characters that haven't been played in a while and take theirs. You won't hold them for long of course, because naturally, there just isn't any way for a single lord to resist a empire. Even several single lords banding together would have issues because all of our troop recruitment would have to come from a single settlement.

There are mercs of course, but to get the gold for that you would need to loot the settlements of others, which can work while your alone. I do it often enough, the trouble is finding a damn town that grants everyone access to recruit mercs.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2015, 12:30:53 pm »

It's not really much of an 'empire' as you think, the concept of a large empire with imperial authority does not exist in this era. It's more close to Holy Roman Empire. Everyone is always scheming and up to something, and you don't owe a single shit to the top liege, whoever your liege lord is, that person is the only one you owe something to and are responsible for your protection.

Join a duke, stick around and act cool, get a couple more estates, and eventually you might even be able to break off to be a duke of your own, politics is the other half of the game, not just sending men around. At least that's the vibe I'm getting.

Edit: or you could do what Xard said with a bit more discretion. Claim an estate where the player does not look very important/hasn't been playing for a while, and send a couple of letters to the right people. That might work if you claim the border regions where nobody really wants to be around.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:34:05 pm by DoomOnion »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2015, 12:41:28 pm »

Or join Rathgar, they are basically "Here have some men and some land and go troll those southerners once you feel like it." which is nice :D

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2015, 12:43:33 pm »

What the empire was some time ago is not what it is now. It is vastly different. The lower level vassals don't really get much interaction with the top level liege- but each duke is very much loyal to the death, as far as I understood.

You might actually have some fun in the Empire- but I'd take my chances with Rathgar. They have tons of land, and some they don't even want, that they could maybe give away.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2015, 05:33:09 am »

Sweet, I received the blessing of Triarch Pius I of the Holy Trinitary State, the official major religion of M&F, in establishing the Black Order. Success!

His message inspired me to write out an actual set of laws for the Order. I'll post it here, for those who care for such things.

Spoiler: Disclaimer (click to show/hide)

Also, the Void has officially declared war upon the Order - going so far as to sent one of their agents to the tournament of Ascalon, bearing threats and disease unto all assembled. The shit just hit the fan, folks, and the fun is about to begin! I'm going to be leading the combined forces of all Order-aligned realms against the Void in a grand crusade, while leading the Void's forces in a great and terrible expansion unto the cities of Man - that such diametrically-opposing forces of the Great Good and Darkest Evil may clash upon the field of battle, sundering the world betwixt the onslaught of warcries - the seas of blood run rampant - the call of highest Gods both dark and light, in the face of everything we hold dear. The fate of the world is at stake... Which side will you join? (Fuck it, join both! :P More fun that way!)

Behold!

Plus, my most recent messages to the "Pope."

/End of HOLYSHIET Wall of Text. Ehndras out~
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2015, 06:56:06 am »

That is one awesome RP. Now I want to set up a character in the Order, and one in the void just so that I can be a part of it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2015, 08:03:21 am »

ptw
Black lives matter.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2015, 08:12:24 am »

Interesting. I'm mostly tied up in trying to beat the predecessor to my current estate to death to make him stop trying to claim it back. Our liege got fed up with him after he stopped responding in any fashion and cut off trade with the 'capitol' of our province. We ended up having to march troops in to force a takeover claim, but since he's a friendly member of the realm, he just sits in the city and keeps trying to start takeover attempts. I really wish there was a way to expel a 'friendly' noble from a city if you're the owner. I already have permissions set that once he leaves, he's not allowed back in on friendly terms.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2015, 09:14:06 am »

That is one awesome RP. Now I want to set up a character in the Order, and one in the void just so that I can be a part of it.

Come join the fun! Send a character to Black Wyvern Outpost, it'll be the site of the new and incredibly active Chapter of the Black Order - in a day or so once the King of Ascalon and his crew arrive to be decontaminated by Lysandra and the Orders' Clericus. We have a few fealty offers in the Void, and I'll put another few up in Pestilence in a few minutes. Join usssss ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:17:10 am by Ehndras »
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2015, 09:15:58 am »

Interesting. I'm mostly tied up in trying to beat the predecessor to my current estate to death to make him stop trying to claim it back. Our liege got fed up with him after he stopped responding in any fashion and cut off trade with the 'capitol' of our province. We ended up having to march troops in to force a takeover claim, but since he's a friendly member of the realm, he just sits in the city and keeps trying to start takeover attempts. I really wish there was a way to expel a 'friendly' noble from a city if you're the owner. I already have permissions set that once he leaves, he's not allowed back in on friendly terms.

Yeah, that's a problem. I'll be sure to get on the forum and make a suggestion for some sort of "Get the fuck out!" *throws the vagrant out on his ass* "And STAY out!" mechanic. Why don't you initiate combat and try to capture him? If you're lucky, he'll die in combat and his remaining estates will go independent. :P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 96