Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136408 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2015, 09:20:41 am »

Interesting. I'm mostly tied up in trying to beat the predecessor to my current estate to death to make him stop trying to claim it back. Our liege got fed up with him after he stopped responding in any fashion and cut off trade with the 'capitol' of our province. We ended up having to march troops in to force a takeover claim, but since he's a friendly member of the realm, he just sits in the city and keeps trying to start takeover attempts. I really wish there was a way to expel a 'friendly' noble from a city if you're the owner. I already have permissions set that once he leaves, he's not allowed back in on friendly terms.

Yeah, that's a problem. I'll be sure to get on the forum and make a suggestion for some sort of "Get the fuck out!" *throws the vagrant out on his ass* "And STAY out!" mechanic. Why don't you initiate combat and try to capture him? If you're lucky, he'll die in combat and his remaining estates will go independent. :P

AFAIK this, or a very closely related issue, is a standing issue in the forum.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2015, 09:33:10 am »

Yeah, that's a problem. I'll be sure to get on the forum and make a suggestion for some sort of "Get the fuck out!" *throws the vagrant out on his ass* "And STAY out!" mechanic. Why don't you initiate combat and try to capture him? If you're lucky, he'll die in combat and his remaining estates will go independent. :P

That's currently what I'm trying to do indeed, as well as opposing the claim to slow it down even further. He keeps on attempting to avoid combat and can apparently succeed and still stay in the settlement.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2015, 09:43:21 am »

I think that is clearly a disruptive / abusive behavior using the game's mechanics against other players. It could be debatable, but why don't you bring it straight to Tom for good measure?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2015, 09:48:48 am »

It's not immediately obvious, but the issue is already on the forums here.

Quote from: Tom
This is a seperate thing that we can discuss in a seperate topic, if you want. Because it should be generic - if you lose a battle inside a settlement, should the game kick you out? Consider edge cases - owner of the settlement, his friends and allies, etc.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2015, 10:43:13 am »

They enabled block area finally.

Also, has anyone used mercenaries yet? Do they just require a one time payment of gold when you buy them? Or is it a upkeep?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2015, 11:20:51 am »

You pay mercenaries their fee at these times:
Hiring
Once a week after hiring
For each battle fought

So they get expensive very quickly if you get into a lot of fights with them, but they do make a good shortterm boost.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2015, 11:40:12 am »

Eh, oh well. I only need a few extra soldiers anyways to nab this town from a independent lord. One battle should be enough.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2015, 01:29:55 pm »

You can abuse mercenaries at your own risk by putting mercenary owners into a series of short battles. You risk dying in combat, but will rapidly annihilate their coinpurse - bankrupting them 'til they're left miserable and alone. Ripe for the picking!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2015, 01:31:32 pm »

You can abuse mercenaries at your own risk by putting mercenary owners into a series of short battles. You risk dying in combat, but will rapidly annihilate their coinpurse - bankrupting them 'til they're left miserable and alone. Ripe for the picking!

That's interesting to note. Though I have the feeling this fellow is going to be in the same bucket as I am. To few gold and far to few soldiers. So nabbing his estate should be fairly easy.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2015, 01:59:15 pm »

Alright, just created one Logan Heilman. Not really sure where to go from here. :P
Black lives matter.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2015, 06:40:49 pm »

We have a selection of knight offers out of Sorrows and I shall be preparing more when I can. While they are only a small number, I see them as more of a test than anything else - I expect whoever takes up these vassals to go out, spread our disease, take independent estates and capture or kill the slumberblighted. Infest new realms and islands with our spawn. Those who succeed in this task may return to the Forsaken Zone as a dark hero.

Infiltrate, infest, infect.

Cookie Monster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2015, 08:08:25 pm »

Right, so you can individually talk with anyone that you've shared a Realm conversation with prior, correct?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2015, 08:21:50 pm »

I'm trying to get into this, but a lot of the RP and atmosphere is....how to put this politely....overwrought?

And given that the mechanics are extremely bare-bones at this point, there's not a lot of meat underneath the fluff.

OTOH, I'm enjoying my bandit character, although I wish it was a bit more realistic about capturing. I had 75 troops and attacked a single wandering knight with no men, and still couldn't capture him, merely wound him. Then I was attacked by a nearby lord with an army almost the same size, but I had considerably more archers and routed her force but didn't capture her. Now I'm initiating battle again to try and capture *both* of them before they can make it inside the nearby settlement (which is a few hundred yards away, but given the weirdness of how time phases work here, they won't be able to make it inside of before I attack in a few hours?

There should be a routine of some kind (or an option) to auto-retreat to the nearest friendly settlement after being routed. Otherwise, I can just sit here literally at the front gates to a settlement and keep attacking them every 12 hours or so until I capture them, if they haven't logged in.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2015, 09:57:38 pm »

Cookie, yep. Once you initiate battle you won't be able to move unless defender evades. Attackers can't abort.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2015, 10:17:36 pm »

Also, remember, bandit characters are weaker than your typical First One - though, if lucky, you might spawn with a ridiculously-massive army in tow.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 96