Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136420 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2015, 01:38:08 pm »

Hm, okay. I won't give up hope of finding any, then.

I'm getting increasingly irritated at how poorly-documented this game is, though. Am I just missing something?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2015, 01:41:10 pm »

Hm, okay. I won't give up hope of finding any, then.

I'm getting increasingly irritated at how poorly-documented this game is, though. Am I just missing something?

I think the main issue is, there really isn't much to set quests for. Aside from trade deals or attacks, there isn't much to ask a landless knight to do.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2015, 01:44:26 pm »

Which is to say, there isn't much for a landless knight to do, which is to say, there's a game design failure. :/ Oh well.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2015, 01:49:36 pm »

Well, the game still is in development.

I think it's silly that to do dungeons if forces you have to three different knights to do it. Two would of been better.

If you'd like, I could direct you to one of my settlements. I could actually have use of a knight, I just don't want to make a knight offer for reasons.

Ratharing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2015, 04:29:17 pm »

There are several dungeon expeditions organized in Rathgar and Ascalon, should you be interested.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2015, 07:27:01 pm »

Sounds interesting, I'll have to take a look at it.

Edio! Horry Shiet! I haven't spoken to you in ages! Heard from stephen, Dane, Ash, or any of our old crew recently? I haven't spoken to Ash in a long time. Stephen's on his way to becoming a rocket engineer, and Dane I lost contact with.
Yeah, it's been a long time. I spoke to Pyro a while ago about Beyond Earth, and I think Dane about Civ, but nobody else from the group since it went dormant.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2015, 07:58:22 am »

Unless the speed picks up significantly soon, I'm afraid I'm probably going to drop this. As far as I can tell, literally the only thing about this that makes it good is the roleplay, and if that happens at a rate of five posts per day all of which are in a different timezone to me, then there's no real point.

Edit: see-sawed back to being a little less disappointed, but still not too enthused. Kind of hoping Tom is going to do something for the new players soon.

Edit: weird, Weaver seems to have come to the same conclusion as me at the same time.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 01:07:52 pm by Arx »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2015, 03:56:44 pm »

Announcement: If you are new, and feel completely neglected by your liege lord, that's because you and your liege lord don't know each other OOC. There's a meta-relationship involved, because you can't trust someone not to just troll and disband all your assigned troops when given a chance.

Thus, most active players who are running a plot IG lurk on the irc to look for people to lead their army, manage their fiefs and engage in whatever roleplay they've set up.

So, here's the link: http://chat.mightandfealtyfans.org/
If you want to enjoy the game and not feel completely ignored, this is a good place to start.

This should probably go on the first page as well.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2015, 09:36:48 pm »

Announcement: If you are new, and feel completely neglected by your liege lord, that's because you and your liege lord don't know each other OOC. There's a meta-relationship involved, because you can't trust someone not to just troll and disband all your assigned troops when given a chance.
This is arguably the biggest hurdle against new player retention.  The need for a meta relationship to be established...  Combined with the fact that you can't simply just join the game and do stuff/help out straight away.
Also in an RP way, some people need a hook or something to get started.  Which doesn't really work when most of the going ons are done exclusively in private chats.

At least in Battlemaster, new folk could be asked to help maintain a region/fight monsters in times of peace.  (Though, I'm not sure how true that is of the older more established islands.)

Meh, M&F does need more work.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2015, 02:57:52 am »

Alright, so my Void character is theoretically trying to claim a settlement from Destard Triqus, who is offering them. However, it doesn't seem to be working - he says he's set up permissions that should help, but nothing's changed, and I can't look anything up to try to understand why because there's no freaking documentation for anything in this game.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the issue?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2015, 03:58:25 am »

Remind him to set a value of 1,000 for each permission, as a general rule, otherwise they may not work without any set value. The permission system is new and still being worked on.

Theoretically you should be able to enter without any issue. I've had it done for me numerous times. He may have screwed up the permissions.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2015, 04:43:29 am »

I can enter it fine, the idea was to make it easier to take over, which is not a thing that has happened.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2015, 04:17:03 pm »

If any troops are present in the militia, they will oppose you regardless. If you have full command, just mobilize the militia and it'll significantly drop your takeover time. Having others assist your takeover is an inherent design - its supposed to be hard to take something over alone, think one guy wandering into town ordering everyone to do as he desires. ;)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2015, 08:48:43 am »

Ok so it seems that there still isn't much to do for new players? That was kind of what stopped me from even trying the game properly in alpha or beta or what was it. They(he) should really add something for completely new players to do, anything really - even begging on the streets or whatever. Much better than being left to wait for your (hopefully) active liege to assign you something..

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2015, 10:15:57 am »

Ok so it seems that there still isn't much to do for new players? That was kind of what stopped me from even trying the game properly in alpha or beta or what was it. They(he) should really add something for completely new players to do, anything really - even begging on the streets or whatever. Much better than being left to wait for your (hopefully) active liege to assign you something..

The Wyvernknights in Arrakesh are currently running a troop-drill tournament, which is more-or-less the only thing holding my interest. So far I've soundly drubbed all comers, which is nice. If you can find a knighthood in Arrakesh, you could join that.

If any troops are present in the militia, they will oppose you regardless. If you have full command, just mobilize the militia and it'll significantly drop your takeover time. Having others assist your takeover is an inherent design - its supposed to be hard to take something over alone, think one guy wandering into town ordering everyone to do as he desires. ;)

I'm guessing I don't have full command. Looks like I'm not the only one.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 96