Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Things That Made You Nervous Today  (Read 19572 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Made You Nervous Today
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2016, 06:03:19 am »

Welp, today's the day. I've obsessed over what I'm going to say to the smallest detail for over a week now, but I'm in no way adequately emotionally prepared for what might happen tonight.
Ah well. Here goes nothing...
Well that somehow managed to go sour in the only way I didn't anticipate.
:(
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2016, 06:58:05 am »

Yeah, that was ... it was quite creative in the way the whole situation unravelled. Details on sad thread, this ain't really the place for that discussion.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2016, 04:09:01 pm »

Past what age? The age of being able to have fun? ???
The age of drinking for the sake of drinking.

It turns out: Yes, I am. The music won't start til tomorrow, and people were planning on just sitting around drinking all day today - so I went home for an additional night of dryness.
There was a thunderstorm a couple minutes ago. I made the right call.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2016, 06:08:10 am »

Spoiler: Context (click to show/hide)
Urk. I wound up posting that post.     
There'll probably be no-one able to help and I'll just look/feel like a doofus for asking.

Past what age? The age of being able to have fun? ???
The age of drinking for the sake of drinking.

It turns out: Yes, I am. The music won't start til tomorrow, and people were planning on just sitting around drinking all day today - so I went home for an additional night of dryness.
There was a thunderstorm a couple minutes ago. I made the right call.
Helgo, oh Helgo... I thought you were cool! :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2016, 12:26:09 pm »

Time to pay a visit to THE BUTT DOCTORTM

This will be the greatest challenge my anus has faced yet! Tune in next time for the exciting conclusion!

Same Butt Time, Same Butt Channel!

EDIT: Ok, the 29th will be the greatest challenge my anus has faced yet. Colonoscopy. WOO. Thanks mom.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:07:59 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2016, 11:54:40 am »

I have to turn on a new version of our company's text messaging system today.  That makes me very nervous because the last system had some interesting bugs, by me, that caused some people to get spammed with 100+ text messages.  We quickly patched that, but the new system is entirely new code in a different programming language and is only tested in a fairly small number of cases.  I don't think that particular problem will recur... but I'm scared something bad will go wrong.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2016, 11:58:09 am »

I shall pray to the Gods of Coding for your success.

Good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2016, 09:20:09 am »

So it looks like I'm moving sometime next week. I don't know how, or even if I'm going to be able to tell my housemates/friends beforehand.
Yet I pretty much have to, since otherwise I'll have to pay rent for a while after I leave, to give them time to find a replacement... but I can't bear the thought of that much confrontation. Having to explain why I'm leaving. Having them most likely express surprise and dismay, before trying to talk me out of it. :-X

I think I will head to the liquor store tomorrow and buy some beer, so I can drink a few/several of those in preparation for breaking the news.
And then just stay perpetually drunk until I leave to avoid the crushing amounts of stress the situation would cause me.

Honestly, this would be well worthy of a place in the Sad thread, but this thread doesn't get enough use. Besides, I dug it up already.
Booze is Life for Yoink

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2016, 09:21:14 am »

Alcohol is like the real life equivalent of dakka, except with more liver poisoning.

Applying for a visa to Germany this Tuesday.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2016, 09:28:48 am »

Oh hey, we have a Nervous Thread? Obligatory "megathreads aren't built in a day".

Applying for a visa to Germany this Tuesday.
Have you considered just showing up and asking for one? Seems to work pretty well, really.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2016, 08:28:01 pm »

I did that 2 months ago. Hence why I'm reapplying this Tuesday.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2016, 07:47:41 pm »

Wait, you're currently in Germany?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2016, 08:34:55 pm »

Wait, you're currently in Germany?
Nope, I wasn't able to open a blocked bank account earlier.

Now I have, though, and I'll be in Germany next month.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2016, 09:46:15 pm »

Good luck, Yoink, Cinder.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2016, 04:21:29 am »

My house is set to fill up with people tonight, many of whom I don't know well or at all. It has already begun to, actually.
So I can't just laze about in the loungeroom playing videogames, yet there's next to no booze in the house so I can't imagine myself doing much socializing. I had planned on going out tonight, but decided against going to all that effort and expense just to see one good band and a few shite ones. And some friends I don't see too often. Oh well. That's Sad thread stuff.    

Guess I might have to make a trek to the liquor store before it closes. Seriously though, who arranged this party? Why is there no alcohol? Maybe someone's bringing some, I don't know. Probably not. Goddamn stoners. Who the hell parties without even a few beers? Ugh. Maybe I should just lay low in my room all night. I don't even like these people anyway. Oh man. Don't mind me, just sitting here nervously stewing away and procrastinating.
Leaving my room seems fraught with danger, danger of social interaction.

Edit: I need to go ask at the supermarket if they have any cardboard boxes I could have, to use for moving.
I don't know why I find that so nerve-wracking, but I do. Annoying. Urgh. So awkward.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:59:33 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12