Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: According to Netanyahu, Holocaust was a Palestinian idea, not Hitler's  (Read 7824 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

https://youtu.be/-Ju1w-iDR0o

:o That's pretty heavy shit, coming from Israel's Prime Minister. Oil on the fire for the conflict there right now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:06:48 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: According to Netanyahu, Holocaust was a Palestinian idea, not Hitler's
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 02:11:14 pm »

Damned anti-Semitic Semites.

I don't know why anyone pays attention to Bibi anymore, I really don't.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 02:13:21 pm »

I wonder if this is going to effect his position as prime minister. This is a statement that is beyond retarded.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 02:14:03 pm »

The whole Israeli - Palestinian conflict is anti-semitic. Both Jews as well as Palestinians are Semites, ethnologically

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 02:18:20 pm »

I wonder if this is going to effect his position as prime minister. This is a statement that is beyond retarded.
Well yes (it is untactful at the least, if not fullretarded), and maybe a bit no. It is not a new argument. It has come up several times in official research done into the Holocaust.

Main arguments that would make it likely to be untrue, which is the majority stance on the issue of historians, are that
- even though the meeting between the Mufti and Hitler in 1941 is a known fact, there is not recorded evidence of the exact content of that conversation*
- the deportation of Jews to camps (but not the extermination) was already in full progress by the time the meeting occurred

Now those two are not very strong arguments to debuke it from an academic point of view, but the fact that most researchers who actually looked into the matter believe that it does not hold true does make it more likely

EDIT: *) actually, there is a written report on the content of that conversation, but it does not mention the Mufti literally saying to Hitler to kill the Jews.
It does mention Hitler promising the grand Mufti, that once the jewish bastions of Great Britain and the Sovjet Union are conquered, he will turn his forces towards Palestine, to help the arab world get rid of jewish oppression.
full report: http://www.ns-archiv.de/verfolgung/antisemitismus/mufti/in_berlin.php
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:43:16 pm by martinuzz »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 02:20:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure he is pandering to his echo chamber/base.  Which probably isn't a small amount when you consider that this sort of thing doesn't come from nowhere...

I'm pessimistic.  I bet it'll reinforce his position.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 02:35:17 pm »

anti-Semitism was one of the core principles of Nazism from the very start. They have ALWAYS viewed Jews as inferior and undesirable.

I also have no idea why the Mufti's views matter anyway.

"yes we may murdered millions of jews, but it was actually HIS IDEA, he MADE us do it"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 02:57:04 pm »

https://youtu.be/-Ju1w-iDR0o

:o That's pretty heavy shit, coming from Israel's Prime Minister. Oil on the fire for the conflict there right now.

Actually, I'd probably subsitute oil for something more explosively flammable.

Anyway, why is this guy still in power? he makes even the stupidest politicians that we have look smart sometimes. Not to mention that he's not even trying to de-escalate the situation. Though in all fairness, the Palestinian leaders aren't trying to de-escalate, but that still doesn't make it okay.

Seriously though, it's definetly pandering to the lowest denominator and he needs to look up the word 'irony'.

Also, this should go into that mideast thread....

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 03:29:51 pm »

My guess would have been that the logic went something like this:

1) British created the Mandate of Palestine, made the Balfour Declaration
2) Palestinians strongly oppose the Balfour Declaration, noting conflicts with promises made in the the McMahon-Hussein correspondence.
3) British allow fewer Jews into Palestine as a result.
4) More Jews remain in Europe and, by extension, Germany.
5) Holocaust occurs.
6) Jews who would have left are killed in the Holocaust.
7) Palestinians opposed Jews entering Palestine, or rather, leaving Europe.
8 ) Therefore, Palestinians contributed to the Holocaust.

But then I actually watched the video, and it was even more stupid than that. It actually is true that the Nazis initially wanted to expel the Jews, and encouraged Jewish emigration from German territory even after this fell through. They didn't go through with the Madagascar plan because they didn't have the ships to manage it, having expected to capture a good portion of the British Fleet after the Battle of Britain, not because some random Arab said it would be better if they just killed them all. All Bibi is doing here is stirring up shit to get Israel's key reactionary bloc fired up.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 03:38:05 pm »

There is a disgusting amount of holocaust deniers on that link that you posted by the way.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 04:30:13 pm »

The whole Israeli - Palestinian conflict is anti-semitic. Both Jews as well as Palestinians are Semites, ethnologically
That's...part of the joke?

Along with the fact that usually anybody who says anything about Hitler or the Nazis maybe being a smidge less than pure evil gets slapped with the "anti-Semitic" label.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 04:33:45 pm »

I didn't peg you for a Neo-Nazi holocaust denier, RedKing.

But seriously, what are you saying?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 05:13:22 pm »

While the Mufti definitely didn't invent the concept of the Final Solution or was the one to persuade Hitler to go through with it, the palestinians of the time had strong relations with the Nazis, sent couple of ten thousands Arab fighters to assist the Axis in europe and have formed a plan with Germany on constructing a concentration camp in Israel to get rid of the jews in the same method Germany has.

http://rotter.net/User_files/forum/gil2/5627c20b13de4f4d1.jpg
http://rotter.net/User_files/forum/gil2/5627c2d21d78dfc31.jpg

Netanyahoo was an idiot for suggesting the holocaust is the Mufti fault, but he was right to point to the strong connection between him and the Nazis.

Oh and as to the question of why does it matter what the Mufti thought, well, because he is still seen and cherished as an hero in the palestinians narrative.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:16:40 pm by Vilanat »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 05:19:04 pm »

Netanyahoo was an idiot for suggesting the holocaust is the Mufti fault, but he was right to point to the strong connection between him and the Nazis.

Well in all fairness attributing fault to a single person is just as idiotic. As if Hitler had mind control powers :P

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 05:29:41 pm »

While the Mufti definitely didn't invent the concept of the Final Solution or was the one to persuade Hitler to go through with it, the palestinians of the time had strong relations with the Nazis, sent couple of ten thousands Arab fighters to assist the Axis in europe and have formed a plan with Germany on constructing a concentration camp in Israel to get rid of the jews in the same method Germany has.

http://rotter.net/User_files/forum/gil2/5627c20b13de4f4d1.jpg
http://rotter.net/User_files/forum/gil2/5627c2d21d78dfc31.jpg

Oh and as to the question of why does it matter what the Mufti thought, well, because he is still seen and cherished as an hero in the palestinians narrative.

Why are those papers in English? They're being presented as primary documents, but for some reason I think Arabic or German would have been a more natural choice.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5