Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: According to Netanyahu, Holocaust was a Palestinian idea, not Hitler's  (Read 7807 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: According to Netanyahu, Holocaust was a Palestinian idea, not Hitler's
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2015, 01:09:52 am »

It hardly helps matters, but the "They are subhumans, and *WE* are god's chosen!" rhetoric is hardly constrained to just one side of that disgusting little coin.

The jews do it to the palestinians/arabs, and the palestinians do it right back to the jews. 

Sadly, this is basically the guaranteed outcome when any particular group decides that it is "the super bestest best kind of people EVAR."  The rest of the world should look at this shit in the middle east, and use it as a hard lesson on the dangers of that dark path of human nature.  Sadly, everyone will just focus on the fighting itself, and not the causal ideology behind it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2015, 01:17:48 am »

There's basically no difference in how Israeli jews treat arabs regardless of whether they're christian, muslim or athiest. So I think it's a little bit deeper than "two side who are just as bad". Research data from Jewish Israeli sources back up the idea that jews are significantly more racially motivated than arabs are. Arabs are quite a bit less likely to give a shit what religion their spouse is, or their relatives spouse's are, than Jews are.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:19:48 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2015, 01:26:25 am »

Again, that depends on the "religiosity" level of the individuals in the sample.  Orthodox jews-- hell yes, straight up wacko. Nonpracticing jews? Not so much.

Likewise with radical islam, vs "arab but not muslim" people.

Both religions say it is perfectly OK to subjugate other religious groups, because those groups are inferior. That the jewish tradition also directly proscribes the practice of marrying outside the faith/race is just another drop in the bucket.  The real causal problem is that both sides (radical islam, and radical judaeism) believe that they are the best thing god ever made, and are "naturally" the most important people on the earth, so they can do whatever the fuck they want to everyone else.

There are muslims that dont feel that way, just like there are jews that dont feel that way-- it is the radicalized ones from both groups that purpetuate this shit.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2015, 01:44:09 am »

Indeed. The real irony here is that the old testament (and by extension anyone who cleves too closely to its teachings) is every bit as racist as either Palestine or Hitler. Quite possibly as much as both combined. The Book of Joshua even advocates ethnic clensing.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:48:56 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2015, 01:49:33 am »

Viewing the OT as a store of cultural knowledge, you can almost see some "how-to" advice on how to carry out such ethnic cleansing policies too. It could be that the OT acts not just as a record of events/cultural lore, but more like a book of tips for doing all this stuff in practice.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2015, 10:55:47 pm »

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if first generation Israeli immigrants were quite a bit more religious/conservative than the average Jew. You kind of have to be if you move back to your religious homeland from two thousand years ago.

On top of that, generally speaking (and I DO believe there are studies that back this up, but I'm sure there are studies that back up the opposite, so choose whatever hies closer to your POV) most children are fairly close to their parents on ideology.

So in sum, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Israel as a whole is a fairly conservative, insular country. Including not being a fan of miscegenation. They're already pretty fucking racist against African jews.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2015, 05:29:57 am »

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if first generation Israeli immigrants were quite a bit more religious/conservative than the average Jew. You kind of have to be if you move back to your religious homeland from two thousand years ago.
Shanks and no porkshanks enough said

On top of that, generally speaking (and I DO believe there are studies that back this up, but I'm sure there are studies that back up the opposite, so choose whatever hies closer to your POV) most children are fairly close to their parents on ideology.
Entirely depends on religious retention rates, at least in the West the opposite is observed with edgy edgelord teenagers doing the opposite of what their parents say they should do

So in sum, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Israel as a whole is a fairly conservative, insular country. Including not being a fan of miscegenation. They're already pretty fucking racist against African jews.
America's still gonna throw money at it tho

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2015, 07:05:29 am »

That's not entirely true. Back in the early days, lots of settler were rather progressive (the whole Kibbutz thing is pretty much communism). Of course, back in the days, it was entirely possible to be imperialist and progressive.

But then over the years, Israeli society shifted rightward, in part due to the immense influx of Soviet Jews after the collapse of the USSR (about 20% of the population).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]