Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD  (Read 30279 times)

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
Re: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD
« Reply #270 on: November 07, 2015, 09:44:33 pm »

Nuir.....

This game still working?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2015, 02:04:31 am »

UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 08, 2015, 08:56:00 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2015, 08:56:46 am »

Stop poking the sleeping GM. Do not feed the GM. All pictures taken of the GM must have flash off, to not disturb it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2015, 11:27:18 am »

((While I do need occasional pokes to keep from slacking, several in 12 hours isn't the most efficient spacing. Also, that list of what not to do is suspiciously accurate. I have a policy of not eating food from random interweb strangers.))

Spring returns. A period of new growth, from the detritus of former life.

Darius locks the king in a room with his physicians, and ensures they get what they need.
{4} - The physicians report that the king's liver is essentially melted. They can keep him alive, but can't wake him.

Locke tells people that the king is comatose.
{1} - People throughout the kingdom are greatly upset at the news. About half the nobles have revolted, and another quarter are seriously considering joining them.

Priestess Asha uses the prayers of a kingdom to help the king get better.
{3} - People generally want the king to be healthy, but are too focused on trying to survive to give more than token prayers.

Slaughtersoul gives a box of obedience rings to the court wizard to give to the agricultural mages.
{1} - Zechtenmarkus agrees, and hands the rings out to the agricultural mages. The greedy mages happily wear them.

Unfortunately, they were actually cursed rings of magic-nullification, specially made to look like rings of obedience. The mages are understandably upset at the sudden complete loss of their powers, and inability to remove the rings.

Slaughtersoul spends the rest of the season finding and then 'meeting' with the merchant who sold him the rings.

Sir Mangrove talks the being into freeing him.
{6} - An etheric being appears before him. After a lengthy conversation, she agrees to free him.

The quest minister has the uncomfortable feeling that he has attracted the affections of a yandere Fey.

<CLASSIFIED> tries to save the king.
{2} - The king is saved! The assassin uncovered a plot by the gar- The former gardener, that is, who had been planning on nefarious acts. It was easy to discover, really, given the lack of castle gardens.

Sir Biscuits fixes the economy with child slave purchasing.
{6} - Sir Busciuts buys a large amount of young slaves, and sends them throughout the loyalist areas of the kingdom to revive the economy.

Predictably, this is terrible for morale in all areas of loyalist Justdale.

Zechtenmarkus pokes.
{6} - Poke.

King Roland is comatose. Currently, the game will end if he dies.

{6} vs {2} - Nobody's really attacking around the capital right now. This is good, since local forces wouldn't be able to beat back an attack.

{2} vs {4} - Several formerly loyalist troops convert into rebels.

The treasury contains enough to pay the local levies for 0.75 years.
Taxes remain moderate.
Roughly 1/3 of the nobility remains loyal.
Roughly 1/6 of the nobility is leaning towards rebelling.
Roughly 1/2 of the nobility is in open rebellion.

The local economy is adapting to slavery.
The kingdom economy is slowly adapting to slavery.

The local levies are limited and fight like farmers.
The kingdom levies are moderate and are decent fighters. They have well-controlled werewolf auxillaries.
There is a group of agriculturally-focused mages unskilled peasants in Zechtenmarkus' tower.
There is a group of veteran berserkers from Undermoon, currently guarding the capital.

John Locke (nosaneinme), the palace fool.

Sir "Biscuits" McGee (NJW2000), knight of the crown and head of military finance.

Sir Mangrove (Harry Baldman), the Secretary of Love, Worldliness and Quests.

Asha Imeremifava (penguinofhonor), Priestess and Religious Adviser.

Darius Welthon (Coolrune206), Economic Adviser.

Classified (ATHATH), assassin.

Zechtenmarkus (crazyabe), Royal Mage and Adviser of magical Affairs.

SlaughterSoul The Fiendish (BFEL), Knight of Darkness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 08, 2015, 11:33:36 am »

Check if the fey creature is following me. If yes, do invite it to travel alongside me. No need to keep new friends at arm's length, is there?

In any case, head on over to the next realm. Hopefully not a completely horrible one, but a man can adapt either way.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 08, 2015, 11:52:07 am »

Train up the local levies.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 08, 2015, 12:02:10 pm »

"Bloody hell! The things one has to do to make progress round here! While I sort things out, you kill our monarch, destroy our spellcasting abilities, kill random people, incite open rebellion and try to sell poison! Well, I don't know how the King became convinced you were worth listening to, but I've had enough!"

Sir Biscuits marches into the palace, yelling at the other advisors furiously, an oddly long and very dark red cloak flowing behind him.

"You know what? I tried to come to this place, settle down, it seemed nice, I had to save it from a few crises, but that wasn't too bad. I was in a... bad place, and this helped me get out of a rut. But no, I try to be cheerful, and everyone wrecks everything. Well you know what? It was Dark Lord Ponzi's little finger in my rucksack! And if I have to introduce slavery to save you lot from yourselves? Well so be it! I actuall enjoy being evil, you know, why bother hiding it! And to start with, I'm going to use that bloody dark magic everyone's was oh-so-worried about when I arrived, to save this bloody place! You were too stupid to even notice my necromancerial leanings, and the one we've got is totally useless anyhow, so I might as well replace him. Hah! "Sire Biscuits McGee"? Talk about an obvious anagram! "Cities Beg, Scum Rise" is more like it!"

"Well, some idiot should probably try to sure the king from alcohol induced spontaneous liver combustion - and I did pick up a few tea leaves from my travels in the Northlands, so you might want to try those. Now, I need a volunteer to lead the army into the inevitable glorious final charges against the rebels - a necromancer needs some bodies to reanimate, after all."

Swirling my Cloak of Dark Red Darkness about me, assume my true form as the famed necromancer Hobnob McEvil (translation - Cities Beg, Scum Rise).  Leave those magical goblin tealeaves, if I kept them from the start, with instructions, in case anyone wants to mix them into a drink for the king. Then cast a grievous spell of dark financial magic at opposing nobles to destroy their gold reserves and bases.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:20:16 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2015, 12:55:50 pm »

I walk around, casting Permanent-Charm on anyone who isn't loyal to the kingdom
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2015, 01:11:39 pm »

((I won't post as many actions in one turn again, but I've been planning this - is this alright? A few are just diplomatic/would happen anyway.))
((Sorry, still limited to one normal action and one command action per turn, but I'll let you revert to your true form as a necromancer as a free action.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2015, 01:22:02 pm »

((That's fine, just checking the limits - one can never be too greedy, as Darius would say. Btw, please keep on with this, it's beautifully done -  probably my favourite RTD at the moment.))
One wheel short of a wagon

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 08, 2015, 01:27:50 pm »

((That's fine, just checking the limits - one can never be too greedy, as Darius would say. Btw, please keep on with this, it's beautifully done -  probably my favourite RTD at the moment.))
((Thanks. I plan to see it through to the end, but I expect it won't last much longer. There's only so much "The kingdom is in yet another crisis because of the players" that a game can take before it becomes stale, especially when there's no character growth mechanics.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2015, 02:22:47 pm »

((Nah, the tension of stupid and AAARGHWHATDIDYOUDO and RTD mechanics...Well, this is fun.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2015, 02:28:17 pm »

"Is this the end? Our kingdom is on the verge of falling entirely to evil. I tried so hard to prevent this, but there are too many dark forces here. Maybe it's time to look outside."

I send messengers to beg rich elves and powerful church officials in my home country for help - soldiers, priests, money, anything they can manage. I promise them favors and alliances in return.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:30:23 pm by penguinofhonor »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2015, 05:25:04 pm »

"Y'know, I appreciate your loyalty. I even don't mind your use of black magic. But now you are openly embracing evil. If that isn't corruption, I don't know what is. All in favor of impeaching "Sir Biscuits McGee," say aye. Aye."

Go and fetch the king a replacement liver from a mad scientist. Prepare more poisons.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24