Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD  (Read 30281 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD
« Reply #240 on: November 01, 2015, 12:50:35 pm »

((Didn't I start with a retinue of berserkers? :P))
((Not really. Sir Mangrove recruited them to the kingdom at the same time he recruited you to the kingdom. If you try to command them at the same time as someone else, I flip a coin to see who they follow.))

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2015, 01:36:02 pm »

((Also do I have command of any priests as high priestess or would I have to hire some?))
((Nobody started with minions. If you want them, you'll need to spend some organizing them better.))

((I get Bonus to help with action because it make slade building whole lot easier)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 01, 2015, 07:01:09 pm »

((Also do I have command of any priests as high priestess or would I have to hire some?))
((Nobody started with minions. If you want them, you'll need to spend some organizing them better.))

((I get Bonus to help with action because it make slade building whole lot easier)
((YEAH? Well *I* get a bonus to MY action because I have a lore reason :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 01, 2015, 07:06:58 pm »

((Oh? Well the rebels get a bonus to their actions because I can't be bothered to roll for the kingdom's defense and have just kinda been making stuff up for them as I go along.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 01, 2015, 07:08:34 pm »

((Oh? Well the rebels get a bonus to their actions because I can't be bothered to roll for the kingdom's defense and have just kinda been making stuff up for them as I go along.))
((BAD GM!  *applies newspaper*))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 01, 2015, 10:01:17 pm »

((Aiee! Newspaper rolls :(
Okay, okay, I'll be good, and be sure to apply that bonus to Locke's action so he hopefully doesn't die.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2015, 03:44:23 pm »

Okay, okay, I'll be good, and be sure to apply that bonus to Locke's action so he hopefully doesn't die.))
((But how would they get the thing to Locke? He's currently LOCKED (Pun intended) in a workshop with NO slade and NO access to the outside world. I'm pretty sure that the king would not allow visitors (Because my character is basically using him as a booze-fueled puppet, and he wouldn't want Locke's political views of giving the people the money to spread)))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2015, 03:56:19 pm »

((But how would they get the thing to Locke? He's currently LOCKED (Pun intended) in a workshop with NO slade and NO access to the outside world. I'm pretty sure that the king would not allow visitors (Because my character is basically using him as a booze-fueled puppet, and he wouldn't want Locke's political views of giving the people the money to spread)))

((Because... It an Game and Guess that these thing work you know))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:00:28 pm by Nosaneinme »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2015, 03:57:45 pm »

((What.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2015, 03:58:23 pm »

((Was that intended to be English?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2015, 03:59:49 pm »

((Was that intended to be English?))

((I am sorry, I was sleep on the Keyboard.

Maybe I should get better bed))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2015, 05:00:26 pm »

((Magic? Nobody except for maybe the shadow knight would even know he was involved, let alone be able to set up an anti-magic ward. Besides that, he's not being personally guarded by the king, you're not using your action to stop him, and the guards are likely to look the other way when the advisers are involved.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2015, 09:08:33 am »

Use the vial to restock my poisons and equipment. Hide it in my extra-planar storage hole.

Return to the king.

"Sir! You're drunk, and that interferes with your kingly duties! Rest up, and return here when you're sober."

"What have you done to poor Locke? See, this is why kings must remain sober!"

Let Locke out of his prison.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 03, 2015, 08:18:44 pm »

((I wasn't going to give ATHATH the artifact action, but then that would make it less of a cool-artifact. So, artifacts can give fairly minor free actions, depending on what they are.

Re: Locke's situation: The king's completely drunk, and has barely even heard of slade. He might not even know what a floodgate is. It was amusing watching you try to create one anyway.))

It is
 winter. Somehow, the kingdom holds firm against the darkness.

Darius gets the king drunker so he will raise the taxes.
{2} - The king's system finally gives in to alcohol poisoning, leaving him comatose.

Sir Biscuits sends the local levies out to reinforce and recruits volunteers for replacements.
{3} - The local levies head west, to relieve the rapidly-weakening militia defending against rebels.
{4} - The recruitment efforts go acceptably, but the new forces are completely untrained and barely equipped.

Zech makes transmute-to-slate powder to help Locke.
{2} - Despite all his efforts, the secrets of creating a powder to turn ordinary materials into slade elude the court wizard.

Sir Mangrove tours another adjacent state, because he wants the poor GM to stop being lazy and make that map already.
{1} - Sir Mangrove finds himself lost in a forest. Sometimes, he thinks he can hear feminine laughter echoing about.

Priestess Asha calls for a crusade to retake the kingdom.
{6} - Peasants across the kingdom leave behind a life of farming to take up arms against the rebels.

Slaughtersoul the Fiendish trains the lycanthropic levies in controlling and unleashing their curse.
{3} - The knight leads the levies to the west, to deal with the rebels. He is not a good teacher, but does pass off some tips on controlling lycanthropy.

<CLASSIFIED> uses the artifact vial to recover his poison supplies, then lets Locke out.
{2} - The assassin does not have any sort of magical storage. He places his new poison supplies on a shelf in his room. With the civil war, he was unable to get anything other than low quality poisons.
{6} - After using lots of acid to unseal the door, Locke is freed pretty easily.
The castle dungeons are not in a good state.

Locke uses assistance to make slade floodgates.
{1} - Without the promised assistance, the court jester is completely unable to create a slade floodgate. He can't even carve a hand-sized model of a floodgate from wood.

Fortunately, an assassin frees him.

King Roland is comatose. Currently, the game will end if he dies.

{5} vs {3} - With fresh reinforcements, the organized rebel forces are shattered. There is still some resistance in the more populated towns and cities, and a few fortifications remain in rebel hands, but it is now only a matter of time.
{6} - The werewolves form their own separate units. With harsh inner-discipline, they are fully controlled and not a threat to the kingdom.
{5} vs {3} - Rebel forces throughout the kingdom are beaten back at every turn. They're not really a threat any more, but the economy is in tatters.

The treasury contains enough to pay the local levies for 2 years.
Taxes remain moderate.
The necromancers have gone off-grid.
The kingdom is fully back under control.

The local economy is lacking farmers.
The kingdom economy is abyssal.

The local levies are limited and fight like farmers.
The kingdom levies are moderate and are decent fighters. They have well-controlled werewolf auxillaries.
There is a group of agriculturally-focused mages in Zechtenmarkus' tower.
There is a group of veteran berserkers from Undermoon, currently guarding the capital.

John Locke (nosaneinme), the palace fool.

Sir "Biscuits" McGee (NJW2000), knight of the crown and head of military finance.

Sir Mangrove (Harry Baldman), the Secretary of Love, Worldliness and Quests.

Asha Imeremifava (penguinofhonor), Priestess and Religious Adviser.

Darius Welthon (Coolrune206), Economic Adviser.

Classified (ATHATH), assassin.

Zechtenmarkus (crazyabe), Royal Mage and Adviser of magical Affairs.

SlaughterSoul The Fiendish (BFEL), Knight of Darkness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 03, 2015, 08:50:37 pm »

Lock the king in his room with his most capable physicians, and do not allow visitors. Give the physicians whatever they need.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24