Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis  (Read 20158 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Sleep Paralysis
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2015, 04:52:26 am »

help with setting up dinner
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2015, 12:34:20 pm »

I only need Gwolfski's action now. I'm PMing him right now.

I checked prices. It all cost 25 dollars. Happeh?

EDIT: Let's say you bought 12 cans of Spaghetti Os, 2 boxes of Chocolate Munch cereal, and 1 packet of instant pudding.

((Fair enough! I wasn't sure if I just went and bought bulk food or not...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2015, 10:27:25 pm »

highmax28:
Go for a walk until dinner
Intuition (DC 6): [4]+3=7
 You step outside of the building and into the chill air. You begin to walk, no where really in particular. As you walk, you see out of the corner of your eye the post office, the movie theater, the all-night bar. Outside each one there's always a person, leaning against the building, watching you as you pass by. As you pass by one of them, you can swear you see him talk into a small communicator, never taking his eyes off of you. You speed up your pace. You remember times like this before and you force yourself to calm down. You're just getting paranoid, that's all there is to it. You slow down again. The watchers are gone. In there places are just ordinary people, talking with each other, or using their phones. You begin your walk back to the dorm. On the way there, you let your mind clear. You arrive there breathless, but at peace.

You have no actions remaining.

----------------
Harry Baldman:
And now for the finale! Prepare a feast for myself and my roommates, serve wine, and have a great evening!
Intuition (DC 6): [5]+1+1(Mood)-1(Assist Fail)=6
 You've never really done this kind of thing before. Oh well, there's always a first in everything. One of your roommates offers to help. You give him the pot of pasta to stir while it's cooking. Things are running smoothly, but just as you're chopping up the carrots for the salad, you hear a loud crashing noise. You turn around and see Gwolfski standing over a overturned pot on the floor. Out of it are spilling all the little pieces of twisty pasta. Without hesitation he begins to clean them up, and you turn back to the cutting board. Damn, you were really looking forward to the pasta.

----------------
Dwarmin:
Adjusted Action: Nothing left do but enjoy the evening!

And, better order some dessert pizza from a local pizza chain for dessert...and remember to tip the delivery person $5 for good karma!

Persuasion (DC 6): [5]+5=10
 "I'm sorry ma'am, but we just ran out of dessert pizzas. The last order just came 2 minutes ago from some guy in the next city." "But I need that pizza!" "I'm sorry, but I'll have to start my delivery now if I want to get there on time. Goodb-" "I'll tip you extra!" "Why didn't you just say you gave us the wrong address? I'll be over in a sec, pal." Three minutes later, the pizza man arrives. You hand him the extra tip and he nonchalantly slips them in his pocket. You doubt the manager will be seeing that 5 dollar bill. Then, without a word, he gets back in his van and drives off. You put the pizza on the counter and sit down on the couch, enjoying the evening. By watching a movie, of course.
-$50 -$10= -$60
-$60 -$5= -$65

----------------
Dustan Hache:
Snatch some of that pizza and eat it before going to bed.
You wait until Andrea's back is turned before you nab a slice of the pizza. You return to the bedroom and eat it in all it's hot, chocolaty goodness. Wiping your mouth with your sleeve, you lay down in your bed, one of the top bunks.

7 PM
Patience (-1, Insomnia): [6,6,6] 3 Successes
 Within minutes, you fall asleep on the bed. It is a blissful, dreamless sleep.

You have slept for 1 hour.

8 PM
 You lie on your side, drooling slightly on the pillow but not moving. Not a hint of worry crosses your face.

You have slept for 2 hours.

---------------
Gwolfski:
help with setting up dinner
Patience (DC 5): [1] Auto-fail!
 Shep hands you a mixing spoon and you get to work. As you mix the pasta in the pot, your mind begins to wander. Does the light turn off when you close the fridge? How much wood would a wood chuck chu- CRASH! You look down to see the pot lying on the ground, pasta spilled all over the floor. You must have bumped it off the stove. You hastily clean up the mess and dump the pasta into the trash. By the time you finish, it is time to eat dinner. Minus the pasta, that is.

----------------
Everyone (except Dustan Hache):
 Finally, when dinner is ready, the four of you sit down at the table and dig in. The food tastes great, and even without the pasta the dinner feels complete. Once everyone has finished the main course and salad, Andrea brings the dessert to the table, and each of you grab a slice. Oddly, there seems to be a slice missing, which could have something to do with Dustan's early retirement to bed. None of you really mind, and after the leftovers are put away, you join him in the dorm room for a (hopefully) good night's sleep. Mood: Satisfied
----------------
Except for the leftovers, there is no more food in the dorm. If you wish to cook a substantial meal, one of you will need to buy more food. Do not post your actions yet. I will write up the beginning of the night sometime tomorrow. Also, Gwolfski, please put all of your extra points into your stats. You will need them tonight.

And yes, Dustan really did roll three 6s on his patience check.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2015, 10:52:30 pm »

Lock the door, activate nightlight, hide under the sheets, try to remain calm as I sleep
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2015, 11:27:21 pm »

Lock the door, activate nightlight, hide under the sheets, try to remain calm as I sleep
Your blind disregard for my rules has given me an inspiration:

The time between the time I post the last day action replies and the time I post the beginning of the night is considered the "Night Preparedness Phase." During this time, you can post whatever your character does just before going to sleep, such as locking the door, consuming medication, and the like. If you're into that RP stuff, you can talk to each other, too. Ain't I such a nice guy?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2015, 05:40:46 am »

updated stats.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2015, 11:25:18 am »

Haha! My preparing has paid off! Now i just have to wait till i next wake up.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2015, 11:38:22 am »

Andrea munched on pizza and sipped wine out of a paper cup, while trying to thank Shep.

"You did good. Too bad about the pasta, but it was nice to have a good meal for once-not just something we eat in our laps while waiting for the red light to change. Sometimes it's good to slow down...I'm betting most of our sleep problems are related to stress, you know?" She said, smoothing back her hair.

"I'll handle the cleanup, anyway. You just go and get some rest. You deserve it." She said earnestly.

Later, she would make sure to do the dishes (there wasn't that many), take out the trash, and lockup before turning in. Just the basic stuff, someone had to do it after all.

Before Sleep Action: Console Shep!

Also, make sure the dishes are washed, all the doors are locked and alarms are on before I turn in...finally, make sure to take out the trash we made from dinner and put it in the bin.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2015, 11:51:39 am »

"Hey, thanks! I did try my best," Shep nods. "Glad to see it cheered people up!"

He looks at the dishes left behind.

"And it's no trouble, really. It feels great to be useful, you know?"

Before sleep: handle after-dinner cleanup, see how much wine is left, put leftovers of all kinds in fridge, packed separately. Then listen to an Earth album through headphones as I slowly drift off to sleep in my bed, safe and warm!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:54:28 am by Harry Baldman »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2015, 02:35:06 pm »

before sleep: examine ipod and games thing under the covers
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:41:26 pm by Gwolfski »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2015, 04:12:48 pm »

((Am I the one who accepted my paranoia and just decided to hunker down like someone's about to break in?

*note to self: buy shotgun for intruders who get trough lock*))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2015, 04:22:01 pm »

((Am I the one who accepted my paranoia and just decided to hunker down like someone's about to break in?

*note to self: buy shotgun for intruders who get trough lock*))

((I took narcolepsy. I'm more afraid of driving and operating heavy machinery.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2015, 04:38:16 pm »

((I can just see you at the desk of our job and all the sudden, your head slams against the keyboard, and you wake up with a short circuited keyboard drenched in drool stuck to your face))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2015, 10:42:22 pm »

It is now night. Time is now divided into 1 hour segments, starting at 9 PM and ending at 6 AM, for a total of 10 hours. To function normally, you need to sleep for at least 8 hours, though some traits may affect that. During each hour - if you are awake or hallucinating - you can do an action. Remember that you will be limited in the types of action you can do while hallucinating, depending on the state of the hallucination and how much you believe it is real. Hallucinations may give you bonuses/maluses to your stats at the time and/or affect your mood. It is up to you to discover the rest.
---------------
9 PM
highmax28:
Patience (+1, Mood): [3,6,1,6] 2 Successes
 After locking the door and double-checking to make sure it stayed locked, you pull the sheets over your face, obscuring the sight of any creature or flight-of-fancy that will come after you tonight. You leave only one part open, giving you full view of the night light. Finally comforted, you fall asleep.

----------------
Dustan Hache:
 Sleep (DC 4): [3]-1(Insomnia)=2
 Your peaceful sleep is interrupted by the rude entry and conversation of your roommates, whom thought it fit to just bust right in. Don't they understand how hard it is for you to sleep? You stifle your anger, and wait for them to finish up whatever business they deem necessary to do before going to bed.

You are awake and have slept for 2 hours.

----------------
Gwolfski:
before sleep: examine ipod and games thing under the covers
You take out your loot under the covers, safe from prying eyes. The iPod is full of those strange "Earth" songs that you know Shep likes. You find a few decent ones, but if you really want to use this one, you''l have to replace those songs with ones you'll actually enjoy listening to. The Gameguy Xtreme looks a lot more interesting. It's a little outdated, but the game in the slot is amazing. After a quick round of NanoFightz: Reloaded, you turn turn it off and get ready to sleep. You close your eyes...

Patience (+1, Mood;-1, Insomnia): [3] No Successes
...and open them again. How long have you slept? An hour? A minute? You can't tell. What you do know, however, is that your entire chest feels painfully cramped. You try to move, but your limbs are numb and paralyzed. A wave of nausea hits you and you realize what's happened. You've been poisoned! But who? How? What suspicious thing dis you ea- Oh no. It was Shep. He was the only one with access to the food. But why did he do it? Was he mad that you ruined his perfect dinner? Or did he have ulterior, secretive motives. You don't have time to analyze his possible goals, because fresh wave of pain and nausea knocks the breath out of you.

You are hallucinating and have slept for half an hour.

----------------
Dwarmin:
Before Sleep Action: Console Shep!

Also, make sure the dishes are washed, all the doors are locked and alarms are on before I turn in...finally, make sure to take out the trash we made from dinner and put it in the bin.

Patience (+1, Mood): [3,3,2,5]
 You and Shep team up on the dishes and clean them within a matter of minutes. You lock all the doors and windows in the dorm, but you lack any alarm to turn on. Just before going to bed, you take the trash out to the bin. You're glad that you won't have to deal with a smelly trash basket tomorrow. Finally, you tuck yourself into bed and drift off to sleep. It is an untroubled sleep.

----------------
Harry Baldman:
Before sleep: handle after-dinner cleanup, see how much wine is left, put leftovers of all kinds in fridge, packed separately. Then listen to an Earth album through headphones as I slowly drift off to sleep in my bed, safe and warm!
Patience (+1, Mood): [1,6,3,6,2] 2 Successes
 You help out Andrea wash the dishes and then turn to your own tasks. After the leftovers are packed up (which - you realize - could feed a total of 2 people), and the wine is put back in the fridge (a quarter of the glass left), you settle down into bed, Andrea coming into the room to lay in her own bed just moments after. Before you know it, sleep overtakes you.

----------------
Since Dustan has awoken and Gwolfski has begun to hallucinate, they will need to post their actions before the night can continue. The rest of you, who are asleep, cannot do any actions (except forcing yourself to wake up... but I don't know why you'd do that right now).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 05:14:54 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2015, 11:11:50 pm »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz *continues to say Z over again until sleeping is done*

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14