Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis  (Read 19451 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep Paralysis
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2015, 08:23:56 pm »

panic, grabbing the nearest bludgeoning object and smashing the beetles with it
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2015, 04:08:35 am »

attempt to get up. and go drink. Brak free of my bonds
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2015, 12:45:12 pm »

Andrea took a deep (maybe mental) breath. Sometimes in dreams, she felt strong, decisive, in control-so unlike her waking herself-but, this was one time she felt in command.

"Escape from what? What do you mean by, 'here'?

Sorry...my friend, I'm afraid we're going to have get a bit...metaphysical."

Action: Converse!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2015, 08:22:48 pm »

Oops. I didn't notice that all 5 of you have replied. I'll start making the update now.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2015, 04:22:03 pm »

12 PM
highmax28:
panic, grabbing the nearest bludgeoning object and smashing the beetles with it
Willpower: [6,1,4,6,4] 2 Successes
 You reach out towards the leaning lamp, hoping to grab it before it never falls to the ground. Your arms, however, never seem quite fast enough to reach it. For each foot they get closer to the lamp, the lamp falls backwards an inch, until you're not even sure if your arms are moving at all. The grandfather clock tolls midnight. You do not need to ask it to know for whom its bell tolls.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 3 hours.

----------------
Dustan Hache:
Check what time it is, knowing that they had already went to bed at around 9 pm. After all, how could they possibly be outside the room locking it now when they had just done it a little while ago after going to sleep?
Willpower (-1, Current Hallucination): [1,2,2] No Successes
 You look at the clock, and see that it shows midnight. How long have they been here? Why won't they just go to sleep? Oblivious to the current time, Andrea and Shep continue their hushed discussion, just as before. The nightlight keeps its equally harsh glow, and the covers of your friend continue to emit the even, halogen glow. The clock is ticking, and no one is listening.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 3 and a half hours.

----------------
Gwolfski:
attempt to get up. and go drink. Brak free of my bonds
Willpower (-1, Current Hallucination;-1, Paranoia): [6,4,5] 2 Successes
 You struggle against the paralysis holding you down. No time to question it, no time think. First, you simply try to get up. Failing that, you begin to struggle with everything you have. Soon, you feel yourself writhing like a mad animal on the inside, but on the outside you are completely still.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 2 hours.

----------------
Dwarmin:
Andrea took a deep (maybe mental) breath. Sometimes in dreams, she felt strong, decisive, in control-so unlike her waking herself-but, this was one time she felt in command.

"Escape from what? What do you mean by, 'here'?

Sorry...my friend, I'm afraid we're going to have get a bit...metaphysical."

Action: Converse!
Persuasion (-1, Current Hallucination): [3,5,3,3,3] 1 Success
 A silence follows your question. After a time that seems like forever, you hear the voice again. "You're not the one. You don't need me. You're already going there." The words are cold and distant, and you feel so terrified that you don't think you'll ever sleep again. Once you manage to calm your pounding heart, you feel the hand gone, and through lack of further reply, you believe the same of its owner.
Mood: Chilled

You are awake and have slept for 2 hours.
----------------
Harry Baldman:
Huh. Crawly things. If they could feel fear, they'd probably be more afraid of me than I am of them.

Close eyes carefully and exhale. Not really afraid of insects or anything. Maybe roll on my stomach so that it's harder for them to access anything sensitive. Try to fall asleep again.
Willpower: [5,3,3,1,3] 1 Success
 You struggle to turn yourself over, but there are just too many of them on you, weighing you down. If anything, you've only made it worse. The bees begin to fly around your head more rapidly, buzzing angrily. For a long, long time, you lay still until they settle down once more. Your head feels weird, as if bloated, and its getting harder to think.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 3 hours.

----------------
Are any of you confused about how dice rolls work during the night or the day? If you are, just tell me and I'll explain it a bit more. If not, you guys are amazing!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2015, 04:30:07 pm »

keep... trying.....i must.... not.... fail.....
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2015, 04:36:09 pm »

Action: Late night fridge raid! Maybe time for some comfort food, try to relax and get back to sleep...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2015, 04:37:45 pm »

(I understand the day rolls just fine, but the night ones confuse me. What am I rolling against?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2015, 05:35:23 pm »

Poke my head to let the air out, then sleep peacefully.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2015, 06:19:12 pm »

Attempt to get up and do push ups. if we can't rest, we might as well make the best of it and tire ourselves out till we can. lets try to be quiet though.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2015, 06:28:55 pm »

(I understand the day rolls just fine, but the night ones confuse me. What am I rolling against?
Instead of rolling 1 dice and adding the stat, you are rolling dice equal to [your stat - penalties] (You probably understood this). If you roll a 5 or a 6 on a dice, it is considered 1 success. Depending on how many successes you have, you will succeed more or less, with the only failure usually being no successes or 1 success. Certain - harder - tasks require more successes simply to succeed at all instead of failing (such as moving while paralyzed).
Money!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2015, 08:28:10 am »

Struggle! If I can't move, I'll keep trying to flail until I can

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2015, 08:56:14 pm »

1 AM
highmax28:
Struggle! If I can't move, I'll keep trying to flail until I can
Willpower (-1 Current Hallucination, -1 Paranoia): [1,5,5] 2 Successes
 As the final toll of the bell resound through the room, the face of the grandfather clock opens, and from it pours a shining, steel river. As it flows past your bed, you can see, in fact, that it is not a river, but an avalanche of mechanical beetles. Soon, your room is a foot deep in them, and swarm scuttles on top of your arms and legs, pinning you. You try to move with all your might, but - unlike you - the mechanical beetles never grow exhausted. Unable to keep up the fight, you sink back into your bed. Out of the corner of your eye, you see them pull Dustan into the steadily rising pile. You feel them begin to tug at you, pulling you closer to the edge of the bed.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 3 and a half hours.

----------------
Dustan Hache:
Attempt to get up and do push ups. if we can't rest, we might as well make the best of it and tire ourselves out till we can. lets try to be quiet though.
Willpower: [2,5,6,5] 3 Successes
 Although you are very tired, it surprises you that it should be so hard to simply get out of bed. You struggle to get up for a moment, then finally succeed - in rolling yourself off the bed and falling face-first into the carpet. When you look up, you see that the nightlight is gone. So are Shep and Andrea. Everything, it seems, is quiet. Suddenly, Andrea opens the door. She stiffens when she sees you lying on the ground, then relaxes when she realizes who you are.

You are awake and have slept for 3 and a half hours.

----------------
Gwolfski:
keep... trying.....i must.... not.... fail.....
Willpower (-1, Current Hallucination;-2, Paranoia): Autofail!
 You don't feel yourself to strong enough to try again, but you struggle anyway. Damn Shep. Damn him and hi-" You fall asleep as suddenly as you had awoken.
 Patience (-1, Insomnia;-1, Mood): [6] 1 Success

You have slept for 3 hours.

----------------
Dwarmin:
Action: Late night fridge raid! Maybe time for some comfort food, try to relax and get back to sleep...
Willpower (-1, Mood): [6] 1 Success
 The dorm is dark and scary at night, but you force yourself to get out of bed and walk over to the fridge. You open it up, take what's left of the salad (AKA, your favorite food) and eat it quickly. Then you hurriedly return to the room, and almost jump out of your skin when you see Dustan lying on the floor. He looks up at you. An awkward silence ensues.
Mood: Satisfied

You are awake and have slept for 2 hours.
----------------
Harry Baldman:
Poke my head to let the air out, then sleep peacefully.
Willpower (-1, Current Hallucination): [5,2,5,6] 3 Successes
 You think of your options. If you move even a little, you might make the bees swarm your hand, and possibly kill you. Even so, there's something up with your head, and its getting worse by the moment. You act suddenly, whipping your hand towards your head in a blinding arc. The pain blinds you momentarily. When you open your eyes, the bees, the smell, and the bloated feeling are all gone. On the floor you see Dustan, and above him - illuminated in the open doorway - stands Andrea.

You are awake and have slept for 3 hours.
Money!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2015, 02:58:30 am »

Yell at Dustan

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2015, 03:37:38 am »

Remember that article on sleep paralysis. That has to be what was going on.
With that in mind, crawl back into bed and go back to sleep, aware that I might halucinate again.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14