Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Assault on Anghor  (Read 10655 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assault on Anghor
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2015, 09:39:12 pm »

Cuff him. Check him for anything dangerous. Report that I caught the guy and ask where the other one was taken. Lead my prisoner there.

Oh, and also ask if there are any updates on the whereabouts of our missing HVT.

Also be on the lookout for guards or armed civvies. Shoot those.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2015, 11:53:26 pm »

"I don't feckin' know! One minute, my squads running from a goddamn tank, and the next we're coming under fire from those fuckers over there!" Gesture vaguely at the area I was being shot at from, continuing to fire at that area occasionally. "I took a round to the shoulder, and I don't know where the rest of my squad is!"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2015, 03:30:34 am »

Get the hell out! Into the building if that's the closest cover there is.

Is there anything we can do against that armor beyond trying to swarm over it, or are we truly irrevocably fucked?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2015, 03:43:15 pm »

"...assess the defenses; with just the two of us we need to avoid taking any unnecessary risks. If it's lightly guarded, I'll move to the left flank and distract them; you will move forward as much as you can and take them out with thrown grenades. If it's more heavily defended I'll come up with a better plan."

Assess the defenses and give James my spare grenades.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2015, 03:54:50 pm »

"Contact!"

Get some cover between me and the building on the opposite side of the street, burst fire roughly at where the shots are coming from to provide covering fire

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2015, 05:45:09 pm »

Hawk132:
You throw the HVT in cuffs and ask your squad where they brought the other guy. They tell you that it's just across the street; a small garage. You take the hostage out the nearest door and look around for your squad. You see one of them waving at you from across the street, and you start walking towards him. There is a ton of commotion on the street; your view of him is blocked constantly. About halfway across the street, a crowd of people runs into your view. Just as they block your view of the squad mate, you hear a gunshot ring out. As the crowd passes, you see your squad mate laying dead on the ground.

Frostbyte:
"I don't feckin' know! One minute, my squads running from a goddamn tank, and the next we're coming under fire from those fuckers over there!" you gesture towards the enemies. "I took a round to the shoulder, and I don't know where the rest of my squad is!"

"Well here, I'll use my first aid on you. Turn yours on too." With your combined first aid, you quickly regain feeling in your arm and it isn't long before it's feeling good again. You see your friendlies pushing up, as the enemies at the counters have all fallen back or died.

Radio Controlled:
((This is your one hint, you're in a huge city. That is a skyscraper behind you. Do you honestly not expect there to be any back door or underground exit or anything through that building?))

You jump into the building and take cover immediately. Your squad mate who'd been running further into the building makes it into a backroom and yells for you to run. Your NCO grabs you by the shoulder and you run after him. You pass him, and make it to the side room. You hear him scream out. You turn around and he's laying on the ground clutching at his leg. Your squad mate slams the door shut.

"Fuck! We've gotta get out of here!" he yells.

Ruludos:
"...assess the defenses; with just the two of us we need to avoid taking any unnecessary risks. If it's lightly guarded, I'll move to the left flank and distract them; you will move forward as much as you can and take them out with thrown grenades. If it's more heavily defended I'll come up with a better plan." You hand your grenades to James and head off to the left, while he climbs a small hill and overlooks the site. You crawl through some high grass until you're near. You can't see the site, but looking at your map you can tell that it isn't far.

"Looks like about six guys, one weapon. Surrounded by sandbags. One grenade would probably take them all out." James says.

Pancaek:
"Contact!" you yell at the top of your lungs. You peek through the window and start throwing off shots at an apartment where there are sporadic muzzle flashes coming out of. A shot hisses by your head and you get back into cover.

"Don't let me die, please! I can't die now! I've done nothing wrong!" yells the apartment owner as the firefight heats up.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2015, 07:38:44 pm »

"Good to hear," I reply. "We have four more targets after this one; let's make it clean."

Move into a position where I can fire on the outpost and then do so. Do my best to pin them down while James makes his move.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2015, 06:52:53 am »

((Was talking more in the general sense if there is anything we have to take down armor or entrenched positions. Running away all the time is fine and all, but won't reliably win us the battle.))

Keep moving away from the ifv, we don't have anything to hurt it anyways it seems, and it has infantry support. Be sure to broadcast its position to nearby squads. Check in on what remains of our squad.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2015, 02:49:22 pm »

"Well then get your fucking head down! Sarge, this isn't a good place to be!"

Try to pinpoint the location of the shooters without showing my head like a nice joucy grape to be popped by an errand bullet. Continue to fire towards their location.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2015, 03:08:55 pm »

Civilians seem to be surprisingly proficient at killing us Special Forces. Is my whole squad dead already?

Sigh. Move to check if the previously captured HVT is still there. If he is, take him and the other one to a more secure place. If he isn't cuff the one I'm leading to a pole or something and chase after the escapee.

Kneecap any civilians who get too close, even after warning them. I don't care if I'm court martial'd for firing upon civvies. I've had enough of their shenanigans.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2015, 04:18:05 pm »

In/waitlist
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2015, 03:20:09 pm »

//I'm gonna be reducing the player amount to five once a few people die. Having 8 takes too long to put out an update. Also, Ama is being removed first for inactivity.

Ruludos:
"Good to hear," you reply. "We have four more targets after this one; let's make it clean. On your go."

"Gotcha." James replies. You get on a knee, into a crouching position, to get a shot on them. There's six, and you're wide in the open. They aren't paying attention, and you wait. You see a grenade roll into the position and explode. Three of them go flying out of the sandbox cover, and you begin pouring rounds onto those still in position. The rest go down before they can even get into cover. James comes down and you stand next to the position.

"Well, time to blow it up I guess." James throws C4 on the device, and you walk a ways into the brush before he hits the detonator and blows it up.

Radio Controlled:
((At the moment this is just an infantry drop to secure anti-air positions so you can start bringing down armor and combat air support. You can radio to command and ask for an orbital bombardment, but those take out multiple city blocks, which would likely kill many civilians and in your situation also kill you. Armor of this era is equipped to defend against rockets from AT infantry, and no shoulder-mounted rocket can be propelled fast enough to penetrate the armor of current-era armor without ripping off the infantryman's shoulder. That's why there's no AT infantry in this drop.))

You turn around and observe the room. You can hear enemy infantry starting to enter the building. There's another door on the other side of the room, and your squad mate begins running toward it.

"Attention all friendlies in the area, we've got mechanized infantry on our position, marking on map now." he says. He marks it on his map as he opens the door. As he looks up, he sees the barrel of a rifle in his face. You try to raise your weapon to save his life, but you're too late. The rifle fires and your squad mate drops like a pin. You fire two bullets into the chest of the enemy in the doorway and walk over. He seems to have been alone. You check your squad mate. He's dead. On the other side of the door is a large elevator shaft and a door that leads out into the other half of the building, which would get you to the next road over. You check your map for friendly positions, and see that there is a small friendly FOB on the street just through this building.

Pancaek:
"Well then get your fucking head down!" you yell. "Sarge, this isn't a good place to be!" You peek over your cover and take a good look at the enemy positions. There is an enemy transport aircraft speeding away, and at least a platoon of enemy infantry firing at you from various rooms in the top two floors of the apartment. You focus on one through a window and take a shot. Blood spatters the wall behind him and he drops.

Hawk132:
((The one that just got shot is your squad's only casualty. The rest of your squad is still in the building he was in front of. Your element, however, isn't faring too well.))

You turn around and grab the HVT. "Get fucking moving!" you yell. The gunshot has caused even more commotion on the street, and people are starting to bump into you. You fire two shots into the air to get them to disperse, and start running towards your squad's building. As you pass by your dead squad mate, you hear another gunshot, and fall into the cement. You can't feel your leg. Your NCO runs out of the garage as the garage door opens and drags you inside as quickly as he can. The HVT is running, and your other squad mate puts two bullets in his back as he tries to get into the crowd. He drops. Your squad closes down the garage door.

"Fuck. Well, we got one of 'em." your NCO says.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2015, 03:37:37 pm »

"Damn, all that time I've spent chasing that chucklefuck has gone to waste."

Check my leg. Try to do some first aid shenanigans on it. Then ask my NCO the following:

"So, what do we do, chief?"

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »

"Good job. If they're all this lightly defended we can get our job done and get the hell out of here."

Loot anything interesting from the dead defenders, then move on to the next target.

((How much future!C4 do we have? Is it exactly enough for each AA installation or do we have a bit to work with?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2015, 07:27:52 am »

Grab nades and ammo (and dog tags) from fallen comrade, then start making way to the FOB. Keep wary of surroundings, try to see what remains of my squad and where they are. Try to use comms to raise people at that FOB and see how their situation is.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13