Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Assault on Anghor  (Read 10653 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assault on Anghor
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2015, 03:53:23 pm »

Head toward the objective, and check for any enemies we missed. Try to stay near cover.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2015, 04:00:08 pm »

Throw a grenade.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2015, 08:57:55 pm »

Ah, right. NCO has gone completely nuts.

Waste him! See if Alek can be saved/looted. Promote self to new NCO.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2015, 10:26:52 pm »

Hawk132:
You take a shot and hit the HVT directly in the hand. Luckily, you don't hit a vein. The HVT drops the weapon and falls to the ground in shock. You quickly run over and subdue him, locking him in cuffs. Someone from the injured friendly's squad is patching him up.

Zormod:
You have the whole squad use their first aid to get your NCO back on his feet, and begin trekking off toward the objective. You're walking behind point, it's probably your NCO's way of being thankful for saving his life. It isn't long before you hear a large firefight break out in the salvage yard, not far from your position. Over comms you hear that the enemies are to the north of the friendlies. You are currently to the west.

Frostbyte:
You try to throw a grenade into the enemy's positions, but it bounces off their cover and does no damage to them. You call out for any of your squad members to respond on your radio, but you hear no response.

Ruludos:
You raise your weapon and fire twice into your NCO's chest. He goes down, and seems to go back to normal as soon as he hits the ground. You walk over, and he seems confused. "Why did you shoot me? What's happening?" he asks, before succumbing to blood loss.

"Shit, that's half our squad." your team member says. His name is James.

"I'll take command, if that's fine with you." you say. He nods his head.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2015, 10:48:55 pm »

"Shit! Gorrammit! Rutting sonsa!" Frost curses constantly as he fires blindly over his cover.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2015, 12:32:02 am »

Go northeast, keep cover nearby.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2015, 05:58:07 am »

Tell one of my friendlies to lead the HVT to a more secure place. Chase after the other target.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2015, 06:57:55 am »

//@Radio Controlled, check the first post. You're all equipped with the TRAC-5 General Purpose Rifle, light body armor with first aid capabilities, a pistol, and grenades. It's all prototypes, and thus very faulty.
((Sure, but what kind of grenades? Frag, smoke, flashbangs? And is there anything besides that rifle anyone has?))

Just stay here then for the moment. Are the initial enemies that were attacking us still a threat? Could I pop a smoke nade and use that to cover my movement? Or would that block my teammate's view too much?

Check with NCO if he has an idea beyond pouring more fire into their position.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2015, 01:47:28 pm »

Advance carefully, and keep a close eye on my new subordinate. Execute him for insubordination at the slightest hint of mental instability!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2015, 10:56:56 pm »

//@Radio Controlled, they're just standard fragmentation grenades. And the TRAC-5 General Purpose Rifle has an adjustable optic sight and enhanced ballistic systems which allow bullets to travel far and fast if they have to. It also has an adjustable stock for CQB.

Frostbyte:
You yell out curse words as you blind fire over your cover, fully auto. You don't know if you hit anything. A friendly comes running to your cover, and digs in next to you. "What the fuck is going on?" he asks.

Zormod:
You head towards the fight, trying to flank the enemies and save your allies. Your NCO has you walking second in line towards the sound of the gunfire. You are taking the trek cautiously, watching the junk piles, constantly looking over your back. You can't shake the memory of those two friendlies being executed right in front of you. You shake your mind off it for a moment when you bump into the first man in line. He is frozen, staring at something straight ahead.

"It's just junk, keep fucking moving!" you hear your NCO say. You walk in front of the private and look at his face. His eyes are filled with terror. He lifts his hand, and points at the junk pile. You don't see what he's talking ab- wait. A barrel. A barrel is protruding from that junk pile...another right next to it. At least four or five gun barrels in a line, directed right at your squad.

"Fuck." you say, before the guns go off and tear your squad and yourself into pieces.

Hawk132:
You point to your friendlies and yell out, "Get him to a secure place, I'm going after the runner!" and take off down the hallway with your objective goggles on. You run through crowds of people, throwing some to the side as you try to catch up to the highlighted man. You watch him take a left up ahead, and you watch him pass two security guards, both armed with pistols. He points to you and yells something before taking off down the hallway. The guards raise their weapons and yell something, but you can't hear them over the commotion in the hallway.

Radio Controlled:
You sit and wait in cover while pondering possible strategies for the firefight. No new enemies show up out of the building, and you pop off a few more rounds at the enemies in the building across the street. Their shots aren't accurate, landing around the car and against the wall of the building behind you. Your team mate is slowly bleeding out in cover behind the car, and you hear him say that his first aid isn't working. Just then, you see it. An enemy IFV turns the corner up the road, and comes full-speed towards your position. They're going to try to ram your cover.

Ruludos:
You continue moving through the jungle, leaving the two bodies behind. The vibration sound is still there, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on James. You'd actually never really talked to James before; he was a replacement for an old teammate that died on anti-insurgent duty on Neurax-5. You'd gotten to know that old teammate pretty well, having been on that deployment for about six months. Your squad hadn't taken to James well, the death of the old teammate had hit everyone pretty hard, but you decide that you'll have to accept him now because he's all you've got out here in this fucking jungle.

"I think we should link up with a nearby squad." he says.

"Every squad in our drop was assigned a separate target though. They're all already either hitting their objectives or dead by now. If we got any reinforcements they'd have to drop back in that clearing." you respond. He nods, and continues going.

There is a silence for a few seconds, but he breaks it. "You know I'm not like him right? I'm not crazy. My mind isn't gonna blow up. Right? If it was going to it would've by now. Right? I'm okay?"

Pancaek:
Your pod doors fly open. You have to jump down about ten feet, but your light armor absorbs some of the fall. Good omen, you decide. You don't know exactly where you have dropped, but you do know that the target was a port city designated ANG-12. The idea for the takeover of this city was to drop massive amounts of infantry into the city and hope that they could take it over. Your squad didn't quite like the idea of being in this drop, but decided that not much could really be done about it.

You seem to have landed in a bit of a slum area, there are a few run-down apartments and stores around, but you don't see any civilians. You know that they're there though, command said they would be. You've landed right in the middle of the street. Off straight ahead is a dead-end, and behind you the street turns left.

"We're gonna secure these buildings right here," your NCO says, pointing at some of the apartments, "then we'll try to regroup with friendlies. Let's move out."

*gobbles menacingly*

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2015, 01:33:50 pm »

"Understood, sir. Stacking up."

Stack up with NCO and rest of squad. When sweeping the building, watch my corners and try to never be the first guy to tner a room.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2015, 02:04:40 pm »

Shoot the guards. Continue the pursuit. Don't get shot.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2015, 04:32:54 pm »

I pause for a moment.

"I'm not sure what happened, but it's been a few minutes already and we're both fine... yeah, you're okay."

I lower my guard a bit and keep pressing forward.

"We have to trust each other either way, right now. We're the only ones out here right now."

Remember what exactly our target was. Make progress towards it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2015, 11:10:05 am »

So basically, we have no heavy weapons or any support to call upon? That's gonna hurt.

Call out IFV to teammates, then dive/sprint out of the way. Unless my team can disable the vehicle, in which case help out my dying teammate.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2015, 09:20:18 pm »

Pancaek:
"Understood sir, stacking up." you say, and get in secondary position behind a squad mate as they slowly open up the main door of a two-story apartment complex. You follow closely behind the point man, whose name is Higgins, through the hallway. He stops at a door on the other end of the building.

"Front office, sarge." he says. Your NCO nods, and Higgins kicks the door in. "Hands up, hands up!" he yells. There is a man at the counter, who immediately puts his hands over his head and stays still, a look of horror in his eyes. Higgins runs over puts him against the wall. "Are there any military buildings in this area? Any polic-"

The windows shatter and bullets pepper the wall behind you. "Roof of that apartment at 11 o' clock!" yells Brick, your other squad mate.

"Light 'em the fuck up!" yells your NCO.

Hawk132:
You raise your weapon and expertly put two bullets in each of the guards' chests before they either can get a shot off, and dart down the hallway after the HVT. He looks back and his eyes fill with terror as he sees you still coming after him, and as he's turned around he runs full-speed into a pillar. He bounces back and falls to the ground clutching at his face. You stand over him and aim your weapon at him just in case he pulls a weapon.

Ruludos:
You pause for a moment, and then reply. "I'm not sure what happened, but it's been a few minutes already and we're both fine...yeah, you're okay." We have to trust each other either way right now. We're the only ones out here right now." You lower your guard and keep walking. You check your map, and see that you're just now coming up on the anti-missile site.

"It's gonna be right up here, isn't it?" James asks.

"Yeah." you respond. "What we're gonna do is..."

Radio Controlled:
You just barely get out of the way of the IFV before it pummels into the car you were previously using as cover, sending your wounded team mate into the building behind him and coating the walls in blood. Bullets from across the street pound into the ground around you, and the IFV's turret behinds turning.

"Get the fuck in here!" yells your NCO, motioning for you to get inside the building. Your other squad mate is already running further back into the building.

*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13